7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

8 hours ago, BusOps said:

You guys are so funny. You over think. As a "insider " you are way off base .

Haha, we're just trying to access the info from what we've been given. Me myself I'm just mostly joking about it because getting mad about it won't produce anything positive. i know the buses will go out and probably by Monday. They may even sneak one or two out this weekend. I know some people that have grown to higher positions at CTA and unfortunately they say the same about us. Our hearts are in the right place though and that's all that counts. It just seems weird like FG was under a spell or curse from some evil witch doctor or something. I've been looking at the CTA careers page and know what is a BusOps. If you really are working in that position, it's a pleasure to have you on the forum.

8 hours ago, sw4400 said:

So what about what the Line Instructor from FG saying that all Bus Operators need to be trained before the 8200's can enter service? That there are over 500 Operators at FG and they train in groups of 6/time? This is info I got from the Line Instructor driving a bus recently.

To be exact, there are 463 full time bus operators and 100 part time operators at that garage. It is not training but more of a familiarization of where the controls are, warning indicators are at and a reference guide is handed out. The familiarization takes about 10 minutes to go over if even that long. There is no driving involved at all. It's like when you buy a new car you go over everything with the dealer but you don't relearn how to drive a car before you drive it off the lot. Both Novas are the same except one is just a newer model.

52 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Haha, we're just trying to access the info from what we've been given. Me myself I'm just mostly joking about it because getting mad about it won't produce anything positive.  Our hearts are in the right place. I've been looking at the CTA careers page and know what is a BusOps. If you really are working in that position, it's a pleasure to have you on the forum.

I do believe that that is true about you guys but sometimes I just got to laugh at some of the things. I will always give you guys the honest facts about what's going on.

Just now, BusOps said:

If it said Training Bus on it it was a class of new hires . 3 new hires per bus with one Instructor.

Yeah but they train them on a new bus? What about the protocol of training the 500 operators needed to be trained on the familiarization? (sorry I'm trying not to be difficult)

New hires are all trained on all the type of buses that are assigned to a particular garage. If a garage doesn't have articulated buses then a new hire will never be trained on one unless they transfer to a garage that has that type. As far as the existing operators you do not have to be retrained to drive a bus cuz you already know how to drive a bus. It's like you have been driving a Toyota Camry for years and you buy a brand new Camry, you don't get retrained how to drive the new Camry. Just showen where  all the controls and new features are.

• Upvote 2

Yeah but technically #7900's were not assigned to FG until #8200 was. #8197 and #8199's official status was Chicago. :D (ducking for cover :P) Now you could say any physical bus that was in the yard was open season and that depended on manager's discretion, but still those two buses were there for a purpose and that was for familiarization. (I don't want to get anyone in trouble cause we all have bosses, so you don't have to respond if I'm putting you on the spot) I'm afraid though CTA does read this forum, so be careful in how you answer.

#8197's back on the #53 this morning, so the trainer buses must have went back to Chicago. I didn't see the 4 #8200's yesterday at FG but I just did a quick tour of the 3rd yard and scanned the Elston side and part of the Armstrong side. They could have had them by the maintenance area or parked them behind the transportation building.

2 minutes ago, pudgym29 said:

I am getting out here on Belmont Ave. soon, providing photographic backup for other members of this forum who may be headed for the emergency room with a heart seizure xD. Yes, it has happened ;).

What a #8200 ghost bus? I was thinking that yesterday when I didn't see them. If so you know it's leader or follower?

35 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

What a #8200 ghost bus? I was thinking that yesterday when I didn't see them. If so you know it's leader or follower?

It isn't showing on maths22's tracker; but 8201 & 8202 and now 8203 are out on #77 Belmont.

They're being launched eastbound from Octavia, not Central or Cumberland, for some reason.

Edited by pudgym29
Another 8200 went out on #77 Belmont.

41 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Aww!! Hell Naw!! Ok you can send me a paramedic now!! xD And both on Belmont Hmm... What other thing is going on on Belmont?? You get some shots cause my availability is not so great today.

I'm on Kimball/Lawernce. I'll see if I can get some shots. Haven't done some since the arrivals of the 8100s last year. 

Here it is guys! What the hell did they do to the seats though?!?!?! Also, notice the two stop requested buttons at the front (a very good idea for passengers who are senior citizens and disabled). There are 13 stop requested buttons total (7 on the right and 6 on the left) exclusively on the 8200s. I need to know the rest of the specs because these buses are not the same as 7900-8199. By the way, #8203 is also on #77. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Upvote 5