7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

9 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

There were definitely two 1000's. The original one is used by bus maintenance at 89th St, while the second 1000 was actually built around when the 1300's were coming.

yeah i noticed the prototype had the original american seating seats throughout the bus and suddenly one day I notice #1000 has the newer type seats (post #1305) so i was like wth myself.

btw, I just missed #8305 hopefully it will go out on a block run or something on Friday or Saturday. (my off days) I'll put it on my radar. Besides a day shot will come out better than a night shot.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 7:10 PM, Chicago Transit Fan said:

I will be brining my gillig phantom to Chicago for photos with the new NOVA buses and a few Bus Photographers are joining so if you see this bus feel free to stop me!

IMG_0484.JPG

When do you plan to be in Chicago with the bus?

12 minutes ago, mel bernero said:

Here is a view of 8305 taken on Addison Friday Afternoon.

CTA 8305 Addison-Leclaire.JPG

That is beautiful to see to this Cub Fan who's lived all the years of heartache since 1984, when I first started watching Cubs baseball(and singing along with Harry Caray in my toddler swing)...... that's beautiful to see.......  I'm so proud of the Chicago Cubs and their accomplishments..... and to do it TWO DAYS before my birthday, then to have the parade and Gov. Rauner proclaim my birthday, November 4th, World Champion Chicago Cubs Day in the State of Illinois is the most awesome presents I could've ever gotten..... 1984, 1989, 1998, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2015 and finally being World Champions in 2016. Thank you for taking this beautiful photo @mel bernero.

Sorry about the OT, but this is a special time for me, and the timing of all this around my birthday was just surreal.......

6 hours ago, mel bernero said:

Looks better in the daytime and you can see the details better. Nice shot. I didn't see it on the tracker myself. I'm interested myself in whether they'll change the rear sign to say World Champs.

To answer the question of whether CTA will keep up a Cubs theme now that the Cubs are World Series champs, CBS 2 reports that it will with a bus wrapped with the W and Cubs logo that will run on the #152 and four L cars similarly wrapped to run on the Red Line. Both will run for at least a week starting Monday according to the story.

19 hours ago, mel bernero said:

Well you'll be happy to hear the bus now says World champs on the back instead of NLDS winners. I took some shots today on the #76. I got the other side that Mel didn't get so we should have the full 360 on it now

cta 8305 daylight shot.png

cta 8305 world champs.png

2 hours ago, jajuan said:

To answer the question of whether CTA will keep up a Cubs theme now that the Cubs are World Series champs, CBS 2 reports that it will with a bus wrapped with the W and Cubs logo that will run on the #152 and four L cars similarly wrapped to run on the Red Line. Both will run for at least a week starting Monday according to the story.

The way the article read, and with the illustration, it looks like that will be another bus.

1 minute ago, Busjack said:

The way the article read, and with the illustration, it looks like that will be another bus.

True. I didn't intend to suggest that that it would be the same bus, but only to report that CTA intended to keep the Cubs spirit going a while longer for forum members and general fans who were hoping that they would do so.

40 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Yeah but they also said the other bus was a nlcs bus and #8305 is now a world series bus. So with those designs it would appear a new bus but it could just be the same bus.

8 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah but they also said the other bus was a nlcs bus and #8305 is now a world series bus. So with those designs it would appear a new bus but it could just be the same bus.

But they would have to strip it to get the full wrap W on it. Which, the design of 8305 indicates that while Pace seems to have gotten rid of advertising frames on its new buses, CTA hasn't. Only wrap is on the window, not the advertising card.

10 hours ago, Busjack said:

But they would have to strip it to get the full wrap W on it. Which, the design of 8305 indicates that while Pace seems to have gotten rid of advertising frames on its new buses, CTA hasn't. Only wrap is on the window, not the advertising card.

Seems peculiar to me though that both buses would sport the same theme. The only way we'll know is if another bus shows up this week but I still get the nagging suspicion there is no other bus.