7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

27 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Any idea where 7900-7905 has been? 7905 will show up periodically on a 77th route, but 7900-7904 have been MIA for a while.

Pretty sure at 103rd as discussed before about NOVAS going to 103rd with recent assaults on bus drivers happening check over night tonight on 7901-7904 

7900 is used as a mechanical bus or training bus 

7905 is a 77th Bus 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

Pretty sure at 103rd as discussed before about NOVAS going to 103rd with recent assaults on bus drivers happening check over night tonight on 7901-7904 

7900 is used as a mechanical bus or training bus 

7905 is a 77th Bus 

Ah gotcha, I forgot that was happening sooner rather than later, thank you.

4 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Any idea where 7900-7905 has been? 7905 will show up periodically on a 77th route, but 7900-7904 have been MIA for a while.

7903 and 4 are at my garage at 103rd currently being used as training buses for the operators who aren't familiar with them. We'll be getting 15-20 buses possibly 7900-19. They should be showing up with in the next few days. ???

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

7903 and 4 are at my garage at 103rd currently being used as training buses for the operators who aren't familiar with them. We'll be getting 15-20 buses possibly 7900-19. They should be showing up with in the next few days. ???

What buses will 103rd send to 77th if any?

11 hours ago, cta5658 said:

What buses will 103rd send to 77th if any?

That's a good question I would assume a even exchange of flyers. But I'm also not ruling out the possibility of getting novas from either 74th or Chicago garage. I only say that because they have over a 100 Novas unlike 77th which only have 100, well more like 98. But as soon as I find out anything I'll give you guys a heads up ??.

14 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Missing in action?

16 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Hmm I wonder why. So much for consolidation. Could the artics finally be rehabbing??? Kedzies like the only garage that dont have novas. I wonder do they really not fit in the wash rack there 

40 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Hmm I wonder why. So much for consolidation. Could the artics finally be rehabbing??? Kedzies like the only garage that dont have novas. I wonder do they really not fit in the wash rack there 

Wow. That would be rare for the 103rd garage to run some 7900s on 103rd based routes. Like the 6, J14, 26, 28, 29, 30, 95 and 103, these may be the next rare encounters since the Blue Line having 3200s on it's tracks. We just have to wait and see...

6 hours ago, BusHunter said:

It has been explained before. 103 wants bigger assault guards on owl, and the inventory that Andre posted said that the 33% spare ratio for artics would cover the rehabs.

The only question is whether the number stated by @Mr.cta85  is more than what is necessary to cover owl plus what is interlined with it.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:32 AM, Mr.cta85 said:

That's a good question I would assume a even exchange of flyers. But I'm also not ruling out the possibility of getting novas from either 74th or Chicago garage. I only say that because they have over a 100 Novas unlike 77th which only have 100, well more like 98. But as soon as I find out anything I'll give you guys a heads up ??.

Any update so far?

On 11/12/2018 at 6:46 AM, cta5658 said:

Any update so far?

As of right now still nothing yet. They're still training operators on the Novas we still have only 2 over here. I'm thinking they should be here time the winter pick start but hopefully sooner cause it shouldn't be that many operators who still need training.

• 3 weeks later...

CTA operators of both Nova and New Lyers are using the shields way mere  now than ever before.  At least all of the south and west side garages are.  I haven't  had a chance to peep F and P buses yet.

Oddly Pace hasn't  seem to be looking into shields for its operators, especially at S and W. While 8A and 108 drivers have them, 352 drivers don't,  which would seem to  make them an easier target.

2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

CTA operators of both Nova and New Lyers are using the shields way mere  now than ever before.  At least all of the south and west side garages are.  I haven't  had a chance to peep F and P buses yet.

Oddly Pace hasn't  seem to be looking into shields for its operators, especially at S and W. While 8A and 108 drivers have them, 352 drivers don't,  which would seem to  make them an easier target.

Nova is mandatory no?  Like the Booth basically was made to be closed at all times unless you want the door swinging and smacking passengers lol. I think someone said the bus won't move if it's open but i think I remember someone driving with it unsecured.  I just know that time you couldn't leave it locked open like a New Flyer,  it swung unless he closed himself in

1 hour ago, Sam92 said:

Nova is mandatory no?  Like the Booth basically was made to be closed at all times unless you want the door swinging and smacking passengers lol. I think someone said the bus won't move if it's open but i think I remember someone driving with it unsecured.  I just know that time you couldn't leave it locked open like a New Flyer,  it swung unless he closed himself in

The Nova buses will still operate normally when the driver’s door is open, but it becomes a safety issue cause of it swinging. The door is required to be secure at all times the bus is in service.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2018 at 11:31 PM, BusOps said:

The Nova buses will still operate normally when the driver’s door is open, but it becomes a safety issue cause of it swinging. The door is required to be secure at all times the bus is in service.

another safety issue with these buses is the back doors they always slightly swing open when the bus makes a fast left turn.