7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

29 minutes ago, CTA5750 said:

I highly doubt the 8325s will go to FG. FG had a bunch of their 8200s stolen to give to Chicago ave. They will go to Chicago. 77th or 103rd. FG will just get more beat up NFS. 

I strongly believe FG WILL get the 8325s.  The low 7900s have been already sighted at 103rd.  FG may have to give up a few New Flyers, but there's nothing that suggests that FG won't get all of the 8325s.

45 minutes ago, CTA5750 said:

Theses won’t go to FG. They will most likely go to Chicago 77th or 103rd. FG had a bunch of 8200s stolen from them to give to Chicago ave. FG will get NF “hand me downs” to replace the remaining 6400s.  Typical CTA practice!  

I hate to say this, but haven't you been consistently wrong on this?

To put in my 2 cents, and given that I'm not the allocator, these 25 are not going to be split, especially if the different rear end indicates different mechanical equipment. Otherwise, I don't know why Nova would ship something that didn't match the previous 424 starting with 7901. 

The second hand is going to be after the electric buses are delivered to C to replace 17 year old belchers, as the CMAQ grant applications say.

And don't say I opened this topic to posts only relevant to those threads.

I will be super surprised if FG gets these new buses. Knowing CTA. They will pull something underhanded so that the south and west sides continue to have a higher number of new buses. While FG continues to get old NFs.  They should return the 8200 they stole from FG. 

3 minutes ago, CTA5750 said:

I will be super surprised if FG gets these new buses. Knowing CTA. They will pull something underhanded so that the south and west sides continue to have a higher number of new buses. While FG continues to get old NFs.  They should return the 8200 they stole from FG. 

Implying that CTA can steal from themselves, but I don't live on the NW, so what do I know?

12 hours ago, CTA5750 said:

Theses won’t go to FG. They will most likely go to Chicago 77th or 103rd. FG had a bunch of 8200s stolen from them to give to Chicago ave. FG will get NF “hand me downs” to replace the remaining 6400s.  Typical CTA practice!  

12 hours ago, CTA5750 said:

I highly doubt the 8325s will go to FG. FG had a bunch of their 8200s stolen to give to Chicago ave. They will go to Chicago. 77th or 103rd. FG will just get more beat up NFS. 

9 hours ago, CTA5750 said:

Trying to break the record for posting the same thing in 12 hours?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, CTA5750 said:

Going down this beaten path again?  You forget that YOUR FG still has a bunch of 6400s that need to be retired.  CTA can knock out 15 to 25 with the 8325s.  There's no basis in sending them anywhere else, otherwise 103rd would be getting them instead of 77ths 7900s.  And 77th is not sending enough of those 7900s to warrant getting 25 new buses.  Plus at some point, expect FG to get back the 8200s that were "stolen" from there.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, artthouwill said:

Plus at some point, expect FG to get back the 8200s that were "stolen" from there.

That one depends on whether the plastic inserts test ends.I foresaw those buses being scattered around as soon as the test was announced. At least they were not replaced with the 8300 series of propanes.xD

On 12/31/2018 at 8:58 PM, artthouwill said:

I strongly believe FG WILL get the 8325s.  The low 7900s have been already sighted at 103rd.  FG may have to give up a few New Flyers, but there's nothing that suggests that FG won't get all of the 8325s.

Yeah surprised cta did that giving 103rd the 7900s. So does that displace nfs to 77th? I dont think fg will lose anything just 6400s. The question to me still is whether fg will get some 8325s or all of them. Having just 89 new buses at FG makes me side with 5750s point. I dont think they'll put all the buses at fg just simply because it robs the other parts of town. Maybe just maybe they might displace some blue shell seat insert buses back to fg but I'm not holding my breath.

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah surprised cta did that giving 103rd the 7900s. So does that displace nfs to 77th? I dont think fg will lose anything just 6400s. The question to me still is whether fg will get some 8325s or all of them. Having just 89 new buses at FG makes me side with 5750s point. I dont think they'll put all the buses at fg just simply because it robs the other parts of town. Maybe just maybe they might displace some blue shell seat insert buses back to fg but I'm not holding my breath.

No promises made but FG might be seeing more flyers to replace the 6400’s or CTA might put 8325-8339 to FG and the rest to 77th or 103rd 

when are are we expecting these in service 

5 hours ago, BusHunter said:

I suppose time will soon tell us.  What possible reason would CTA have to send 8325s anywhere other than FG?  The simple fact that these buses have no rear or hopper windows is reason enough to send them to only one garage.  Since FG still has buses eligible for retirement now, that's the logical place to send them.  Even if CTA sent the test 8200s to 74th or 77th, the logical place for 8325s is FG.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I suppose time will soon tell us.  What possible reason would CTA have to send 8325s anywhere other than FG?  The simple fact that these buses have no rear or hopper windows is reason enough to send them to only one garage.  Since FG still has buses eligible for retirement now, that's the logical place to send them.  Even if CTA sent the test 8200s to 74th or 77th, the logical place for 8325s is FG.

To get input in case they ever want to buy more of these. They should have the new bus tracker signs too. It's not just the riding public they want to survey it's the managers and garage personnel. Putting them all over gives them exposure and that cant be a bad thing can it? Well there sure is alot more going on with the 8325s than the 8200s blue seat buses. I dont buy a seat test reason for this bus transfer. So your telling me then the test is still going on? I dont want to rant about the nw side but 5750 has a valid beef This is why I'm a realist I see what's going on I'm not blind here. If fg gets all of these new buses call me an ambulance because I'll be passed out on my back. I'll just be happy if they get 1 bus but the possibility exists that theyll get nada.

8 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Just saw 6554 on the Dan Ryan on its way to SS. With 85 central still running across the side is they knocking that bus out too or just for repairs because it was a newer Nova right behind it didn't get the number as i was doing almost 100 

Wow, so they are bringing some older Novas to SS now and moving a few NFs to FG? According to a recent post the new 8325s will either be at 77th, 74th or 5(C)

8 minutes ago, Johnny 5 said:

Wow, so they are bringing some older Novas to SS now and moving a few NFs to FG? According to a recent post the new 8325s will either be at 77th, 74th or 5(C)

Don't believe a few bloggers' posts. They don't work for CTA, and thus basically have no means of knowing.

1 hour ago, Johnny 5 said:

Thats Just what Ive been saying all along!!!  FG will continue to operate more NF "hand me downs"  The 8325s wont go to the Glen!!!  Ive been associated with FG as far back as 1986 when my dad transferred there from the North Ave Garage. I know some of the history And one complaint that operators there have voiced is the fact that FG rarely gets any new buses. They would always say the "south side" or the "west side" always get the newer buses. History has shown that FG dosent get the attention it should be getting in terms of newer equipment.