7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

18 hours ago, CTA5750 said:

No,  Ill stand firm with my statement because it is factual  If thats a problem for you, Oh well !!!  I cant speak for the west side riders and I wont pretend that I know!  But I know what Im talking about. Forest Glen was my garage and I was proud to work there. So please, Dont insult my intelligence!   

You're insulting your own intelligence. You say you were at FG since 1980 something and there's plenty of PROVEN examples of that go against your "NW side is ignored" facts. 74th had all 6000's as recent as 2006. Red line south was essentially built with crappy trackbed that didnt get addressed till 201e, blue line literally CANT take 5000's so debunk these PROVEN facts with your own credible proof or just give it up. Youre starting to just sound bitter. You can always get a one day and ride south or in Chicago garage territory if not being on a 7900 hurts that much

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, CTA5750 said:

No,  Ill stand firm with my statement because it is factual  If thats a problem for you, Oh well !!!  I cant speak for the west side riders and I wont pretend that I know!  But I know what Im talking about. Forest Glen was my garage and I was proud to work there. So please, Dont insult my intelligence!   

Also if you do your research all TA's tend to stick older equipment at garages with light service requirements this isnt just a cta thing

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Also if you do your research all TA's tend to stick older equipment at garages with light service requirements this isnt just a cta thing

Seconding. SEPTA's Frontier & Victory garages, which service the suburban routes, never get the new equipment first (such as the 40' novas, 60' novas and 40' xcelsiors). Some of DC's weekday only operation garages is where the retiring Orion Vs are being stashed.

6 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Seconding. SEPTA's Frontier & Victory garages, which service the suburban routes, never get the new equipment first (such as the 40' novas, 60' novas and 40' xcelsiors). Some of DC's weekday only operation garages is where the retiring Orion Vs are being stashed.

Exactly. Just like King County metro's Ryerson base garage

22 hours ago, Sam92 said:

You're insulting your own intelligence. You say you were at FG since 1980 something and there's plenty of PROVEN examples of that go against your "NW side is ignored" facts. 74th had all 6000's as recent as 2006. Red line south was essentially built with crappy trackbed that didnt get addressed till 201e, blue line literally CANT take 5000's so debunk these PROVEN facts with your own credible proof or just give it up. Youre starting to just sound bitter. You can always get a one day and ride south or in Chicago garage territory if not being on a 7900 hurts that much

Well 5000s sure run the blue line now so theres your proof. Actually forest pk branch I think is the most neglected branch.line. The track bed is horrible always has been. Probably dont want to run 5000s there because they will screw them up. Notice they still dont run them there. Dan ryan branch gets more attention than any other line. 95th has been rehabbed 3 times twice with elevators. The track bed has been upgraded twice once with power once with a whole new track bed. All stations are accessible. All equipment is new. Most terminals are new. I know it runs 24/7 but so does the blue line. Why rehab stations like Garfield green line twice when there is light ridership? CTA needs to put its resources where they are needed not in the same places over and over.

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Well 5000s sure run the blue line now so theres your proof. Actually forest pk branch I think is the most neglected branch.line. The track bed is horrible always has been. Probably dont want to run 5000s there because they will screw them up. Notice they still dont run them there. Dan ryan branch gets more attention than any other line. 95th has been rehabbed 3 times twice with elevators. The track bed has been upgraded twice once with power once with a whole new track bed. All stations are accessible. All equipment is new. Most terminals are new. I know it runs 24/7 but so does the blue line. Why rehab stations like Garfield green line twice when there is light ridership? CTA needs to put its resources where they are needed not in the same places over and over.

The same shit I said it's messed up they rehabded all the up north stations & tracks but from the medical district all the way to the closed central station it's slow zo es but after Austin they put new rails 

6 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

The same shit I said it's messed up they rehabded all the up north stations & tracks but from the medical district all the way to the closed central station it's slow zo es but after Austin they put new rails 

It's really bouncy on the forest pk branch those 5000s have electronic suspension systems how long before you screw them up with the bouncing. Your going to have trains that cant kneel and give equipment failure lights. They need the geometry train over there but I hear its leased. 

One thing the red line does need is some kind of better maintenance. I was watching 5359 on the ryan and its dirty as hell. This is a new train have some pride cta. Dont run it into the ground. If the outside looks that bad I hate to see whats happening on the inside. 

3 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Pace has a blue.line or 7900s? Wouldnt want you as my attorney!!! When you become a moderator let me  know so I can head for the hills!!! Lol!!!

Well, at least you got the message.

There is a rule posted by Kevin "Is your thread still in the right place?"

15 hours ago, BusHunter said:

It's really bouncy on the forest pk branch those 5000s have electronic suspension systems how long before you screw them up with the bouncing. Your going to have trains that cant kneel and give equipment failure lights. They need the geometry train over there but I hear its leased. 

One thing the red line does need is some kind of better maintenance. I was watching 5359 on the ryan and its dirty as hell. This is a new train have some pride cta. Dont run it into the ground. If the outside looks that bad I hate to see whats happening on the inside. 

The inside looks better but I do agree the outside be look like hell 

Was out at south shops this morning. They still haven't put plates on the buses. I noticed #8343 and #8344 were there. I dont remember those being there before. I took some pictures of the paper that were on the windshield. Most have been removed but I dont see a vin number. You can zoom up the pics and see for yourself. 

20190109_101447.thumb.jpg.7ab077e82fbb92c0af36cb7efa5523f6.jpg20190109_101430.thumb.jpg.4cda754e82e9c72645361c41b40cda6b.jpg

Was out at south shops this morning. They still haven't put plates on the buses. I noticed #8343 and #8344 were there. I dont remember those being there before. I took some pictures of the paper that were on the windshield. Most have been removed but I dont see a vin number. You can zoom up the pics and see for yourself. 

20190109_101447.thumb.jpg.7ab077e82fbb92c0af36cb7efa5523f6.jpg20190109_101430.thumb.jpg.4cda754e82e9c72645361c41b40cda6b.jpg

What about the rest of them do they have plates ima stop by south shops later today and see what’s up 

Just now, Aiden Tabucic said:

What about the rest of them do they have plates ima stop by south shops later today and see what’s up 

No none have plates. Interesting the paper on the front window mentions nov 8th and nov 14th. Someone was talking about the temporary license for the driveway firm. That must be the dates of validity. Hopefully nothing is up with the buses seems kind of a long period to not yet have plates.

5 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

No none have plates. Interesting the paper on the front window mentions nov 8th and nov 14th. Someone was talking about the temporary license for the driveway firm. That must be the dates of validity. Hopefully nothing is up with the buses seems kind of a long period to not yet have plates.

That's what's there, as well as the fleet numbers and CTA Chicago and other numbers. However, they don't appear to be transporter tags, as nothing indicates NYSDMV. My guess is that they are some sort of identification while on the assembly line.

What to those papers even mean I’ve seen those on a bunch when I last went to SS

7904 has a 103rd (3) garage sticker on it so it's more than likely well get 7901-7920ish. But I'll remain hopeful 8325-49 will still come to 103rd or If not FG. I really dont see 77th getting them cause they dont need them at all. The sooner the new novas are ready to go the sooner well find out what's going where lol.

52 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

7904 has a 103rd (3) garage sticker on it so it's more than likely well get 7901-7920ish. But I'll remain hopeful 8325-49 will still come to 103rd or If not FG. I really dont see 77th getting cause they dont need them at all. The sooner the new novas are ready to go the sooner well find out what's going where lol.

Does 7903 have a 3 sticker or does it still have a 77 sticker?

On 1/5/2019 at 3:50 AM, Sam92 said:

So where and when does SEPTA have to do with CTA bus operations.  I dont care about SEPTA!  I never brought that in to the conversation!  It has no relevance here! 

On 1/5/2019 at 3:45 AM, Sam92 said:

I worked at FG from 1999-2005!  Say what you want! Im sticking by my facts!!!