7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

3 hours ago, artthouwill said:

No reason to doubt Mrcta85's employment at CTA.  How fortunate is he to be a transit fan AND work for the agency.  Same goes for Garmon757.  I actually saw one member driving a Pace bus.  Appreciate the nuggets we get from those on the inside.  You dismissing mrcta's employment to try to get @Busjack is petty, especially since you've never questioned it before.

The point is you claimed the last batch of 1000 series New Flyers were delivered to 103rd but never went in service there.  An employee who works there never reported any such sightings.  I know 1929 through 1977 odds were new in service at 77th and the evens were new to NP.  The bus 1978 and above were new to C

I actually rode those buses new from each named garage.

But getting back on track. 103rd has been running Novas during the day.  Maybe next month we will see where the 8325s actually go. 

Somewhere in the forum people reported sightings of allison new flyers on 103rd routes when they were still new and being shuffled around so bushunter is HALF right, bur for him and CTA5750 to exaggerate on assignments just to prove a false point of northwest getting shafted is extreme and bogus. Like i stated earlier every transit agency has one garage or yard that is assigned older equipment (ryerson base in seattle is an example). FG as a garage that is mainly rush heavy but dead middays is reasonable to be the holding place for old equipment in Chicago's case. If you guys wanna ride a 7900 or 5000 that bad chicago garage routes arent THAT far. Lying or blatantly ignoring assignment histories and trying to tell other members who are watching these kinda things that things we've literally seen is starting to make you two look pretty childish

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Somewhere in the forum people reported sightings of allison new flyers on 103rd routes when they were still new and being shuffled around so bushunter is HALF right, bur for him and CTA5750 to exaggerate on assignments just to prove a false point of northwest getting shafted is extreme and bogus. Like i stated earlier every transit agency has one garage or yard that is assigned older equipment (ryerson base in seattle is an example). FG as a garage that is mainly rush heavy but dead middays is reasonable to be the holding place for old equipment in Chicago's case. If you guys wanna ride a 7900 or 5000 that bad chicago garage routes arent THAT far. Lying or blatantly ignoring assignment histories and trying to tell other members who are watching these kinda things that things we've literally seen is starting to make you two look pretty childish

1929 and up are ZF Transmissions.right?

4 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Allison. Before chicago got their share of that batch some were at 103rd but in service. Or maybe 1920's be you get my drift ??

Now this is true actually. I've heard a few long timers at 103rd who are still there say that they remember a few higher numbered 1000 series were at the garage before they got shifted over to Chicago. I guess around 2006-07 ish, 103rd had a few of the high 1900's and even some 2000's there. And I've seen members of this page report seeing the same thing if you look at some of the old post in the "bus moves" catagory. I been a member on here since 2009 so I definitely remember reading that as well lol.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, sw4400 said:

but we do have the right to share our opinions of what we think may happen.

But not on past fact, including the discussion on @Mr.cta85 above. There are indicia of truth and indicia of fiction. I didn't comment on Pace River (South Elgin) getting 8325s. I did comment on something @BusHunter  claimed happened 10 years ago that he admits he can't now back up except by self serving statements. There have been frequent examples of that lately.

Also, to use @BusHunter's own words, you aren't a moderator, either,  although I'm not intending that with the same malice he did.

Back in 2013 Bushunter produced a list of delivery assignments and first sightings for all of the New Flyers. This shows that 2006-2017 only where not used at 103rd and went to C in 3/09.

1912-1994 evens and 1996-2019 went to 103rd, 1911-1995 odd went to 77th.

For 1930 onward, allocated to 103rd, 1930-1980 evens moved to P in 3/09 2-4 months after delivery, 1982-1994 evens and 1996-2005 moved to C in 3/09 no more than one month after delivery. 2018-2029 were used briefly at 103rd before moving to C in 4/09-8/09. Some were only seen on the depot but most were seen in service on 103rd routes.

1000 delivery dates #1762 - #1994 even's, #1996 - #2029 (103rd).pdf

16 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

For the record I am a lifelong cta bus fan lol and also since 2012 I've been a cta bus operator @garmon757 saw me a few yrs back on the 29 he'll tell you as well ??????. The information I share with you guys are either things I've seen, asked, or heard from a employee with my own 2 ears. I may be wrong at times cause it's still a lot I dont know as far as bus assignments history etc but like I said the things I do share it's from the inside. Like the 35 Novas coming to 103rd was from a mechanic. 

Attacking you was not my intention. I apologise if thats how you feel.  If you must know I know your an operator we have met. I got alot of family and friends at the cta and I could easily work there myself. What I dont like is people telling me I dont know what I know is correct especially by people that dont contribute actively to the forum. I have an information pipeline as well and what I dont know I try to research the truth and share it with you guys. Any kind of nw side equipment talk is all based on fact. I just dont like putting one member ahead of the others. We are all equal. Doing that just divides the forum and is counterproductive. That was basically my point. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So have these new 8325s found a home yet anywhere?  I’m still looking around to see if they’re on any FG routes. I live near FG. I’m looking for either the new Novas or more NFs.  Let’s see where this goes!!!!  I’m very curious!!!!  My bets are on more NFs. 

Perhaps the beginning of Feb we should start seeing the 8325's in service?? I was meaning to drive past 77th to see if they were parked out in the front but haven't been able to make that drive just yet. But I'm super curious as to where they'll go hopefully we'll find out sooner than later ???. I will say this though if they in fact come to 103rd it will be funny to see that each garage have their own set of Novas 77th =7900's, 74th 8000's (majority) Chicago 8100's(Majority FG 8200's Majority and 103rd may get the 8300's from FG in exchange for flyers and get the 8325's as well. All speculation of course. 

1 hour ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Perhaps the beginning of Feb we should start seeing the 8325's in service?? I was meaning to drive past 77th to see if they were parked out in the front but haven't been able to make that drive just yet. But I'm super curious as to where they'll go hopefully we'll find out sooner than later ???. I will say this though if they in fact come to 103rd it will be funny to see that each garage have their own set of Novas 77th =7900's, 74th 8000's (majority) Chicago 8100's(Majority FG 8200's Majority and 103rd may get the 8300's from FG in exchange for flyers and get the 8325's as well. All speculation of course. 

Remember K and NP are Novaless.. Perhaps next week we will find out or maybe in March.

On 1/28/2019 at 11:22 AM, Shannon CVPI said:

Saw 8011 on Madison then turned on Washington going back to Chicago garage wonder what route it just finished doing this morning didn't know it was still over here thought it might have went to FG to finish testing out the new sign in it 

There are two buses fitted 8011 and 81?? both at Chicago for use on the 20 Madison.

https://www.transitchicago.com/arriving-now-digital-screens-providing-real-time-service-information-aboard-cta-buses/?CategoryId=2&pg=2

My observations of the novas at 103rd seem to be this so far:

• 7904 is out more than 7903
  • Gravitates towards routes with a terminus west of the Ryan (111, 112, 115 primarily) & the south shore routes (6, 15, 28, 71)
  • Have yet to see any sightings for the 26, 30, 34, 95 & 100 (I'm sure its been there, I just haven't been able to spot either on these routes)
  • 7901 is apparently at shops and I'm guessing its been there for a while, 7902 is MIA

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

• Gravitates towards routes with a terminus west of the Ryan (111, 112, 115 primarily) & the south shore routes (6, 15, 28, 71)
  • Have yet to see any sightings for the 26, 30, 34, 95 & 100 (I'm sure its been there, I just haven't been able to spot either on these routes)
  • 7901 is apparently at shops and I'm guessing its been there for a while, 7902 is MIA

7903 was on the 34 last Tuesday

8 hours ago, busfan2847 said:

Yea I remember seeing 81 some on Chicago & Cicero when I pulled up next to it not too long ago 

On 1/29/2019 at 5:04 PM, NewFlyerMCI said:

7903 was on the 100 the other day