7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

1 hour ago, Mr.cta85 said:

??? YOU'RE the 1 who said you dont ride public transit not me. And me being an operator have nothing to do with me automatically being right or better than anyone! But as a operator I have different perspective and experience of each side of town having drove on both sides might I add. He had 8yrs I have 7 so I'd say we're neck and neck lol. I'm also not catering to the south side I'm just telling it like it is as well sir. Do you know why or how many operators who stay either south side or southern suburbs travel past 6 other garages just to go to Forest Glen? Its because of the peace of mind they have at that garage because they dont have to deal with the foolishness that we do out south and west. They call FG the Counrty Club for a reason and it's not because of no new buses lol.

Well I call fg the museum or junkyard cause that's what it is. So your telling me the same goes for rail? I guess the west side is not as bad as you portray. What is so scary about 103rd? The security thing is overblown. 77th could use the buses more than 103rd. At least its believable. Half of your buses are spending half the life at the terminal. Basically you have a new 95th station on the red and now they must have new buses to go with it. That's what I believe. Where are the stats they say 103rd is so scary. I bet worse happens at 77th. Bad things dont happen at fg huh? How about the hot coffee thrown on an operator. How can you say things dont happen at the country club if you dont drive it. That's what is wrong with this whole thing we are assuming where are the facts. Need I remind you facts did show 103rd is not as busy as FG already. I guess no one out there goes on fact it's all gossip. So keep drinking the kool aid I'll pour you a cup. 

16 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Well I call fg the museum or junkyard cause that's what it is. So your telling me the same goes for rail? I guess the west side is not as bad as you portray. What is so scary about 103rd? The security thing is overblown. 77th could use the buses more than 103rd. At least its believable. Half of your buses are spending half the life at the terminal. Basically you have a new 95th station on the red and now they must have new buses to go with it. That's what I believe. Where are the stats they say 103rd is so scary. I bet worse happens at 77th. Bad things dont happen at fg huh? How about the hot coffee thrown on an operator. How can you say things dont happen at the country club if you dont drive it. That's what is wrong with this whole thing we are assuming where are the facts. Need I remind you facts did show 103rd is not as busy as FG already. I guess no one out there goes on fact it's all gossip. So keep drinking the kool aid I'll pour you a cup. 

I've conversed with plenty operators who speak what Mr. CTA is saying as far as rough routes. 34, 119, and 71 are no walk in the park but it's still your word against the above stated facts along with CTA's records of why nw side can't be all 5000 yet

37 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Lol I agree 77th is worse than 103rd lol the 3, 4 and 79th alone are the reasons I stayed away from that garage myself and I was born and raised around those very routes lol. We have our routes too lol. Ever heard of the 34, 119, 71, 103, 15 or 95?? Just to name a few and no you did NOT throw in that coffee incident to prove how "Rough" FG is ?????. If you read my previous post I already told you i drove up north before and i know people outta both FG and NP also. And need I remind YOU I never disagree with how busy that treacherous 77 is lol. Busy and dangerous are 2 different things lol. 95th terminal is new but with the same old things that happens there too as far as people are concerned wait till summer time lol. I'll even argue that 103rd is just as rough as 77th and 74th if I were to be honest. I've seen crazy stuff happen at 103rd than I have at 74th.

Bottom Line: As a FG rider myself.... FG has 89 New Flyers and 94 of the newer Novas(can't say 95 yet as 8346 is still MIA). So, it's a pretty good group overall. They(the NF's got and completed their overhauls in the mid-2010's), are pretty good for now. The 1st Gen Novas are down to 64(with the number fluctuating weekly with the ins and outs of service).

As far as the "debate", which I may remind caused a lockout awhile back as it got a little beyond the realms of being just a debate, and might be heading down the road again(review your posts to see)....

***Now I'm not saying stop the debate.... but be mindful of what you're posting so we can keep the topic opened here. It was thankfully reopened after being locked several days before.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Lol I agree 77th is worse than 103rd lol the 3, 4 and 79th alone are the reasons I stayed away from that garage myself and I was born and raised around those very routes lol. 

If this here ain't the truth. I grew up in the square of the 3, 4, 75 & 79 until my mother moved to DC. My grandmother is still there, and that's where I stay whenever I come back 4-5 times a year. Stuff was popping in 2009, is still popping in 2019 and my mother and grandmother can probably say stuff was popping back when I was born in 1999. I used to go with my mom when she worked her jobs at Hull House and wherever she worked in Ravenswood Manor, I would take the 78, 81 and/or the 145 multiple times a week and I can tell you what, I never had to worry about something popping off on those buses

Furthermore, this debate is old and archaic already. I'm most likely the youngest active participant on this forum and it is a shame to see you all, with all the knowledge and experience you all possess, essentially belittle one another. I'm not calling out any names and this is not a direct attack. We, as a collective, can do better. At this point, the 8325s have come, so once again, it is only a waiting game. Eventually, things will be equal again. There are much better things to focus on, such as why CTA does what is does and continue to monitor and analyze what happens, as opposed to sitting around and typing about the same old thing. When i joined in 2014(?), my primary purpose was to learn, and it still is. I believe you all still have a lot to teach. Our energies are better spent elsewhere.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

If this here ain't the truth. I grew up in the square of the 3, 4, 75 & 79 until my mother moved to DC. My grandmother is still there, and that's where I stay whenever I come back 4-5 times a year. Stuff was popping in 2009, is still popping in 2019 and my mother and grandmother can probably say stuff was popping back when I was born in 1999. I used to go with my mom when she worked her jobs at Hull House and wherever she worked in Ravenswood Manor, I would take the 78, 81 and/or the 145 multiple times a week and I can tell you what, I never had to worry about something popping off on those buses

Furthermore, this debate is old and archaic already. I'm most likely the youngest active participant on this forum and it is a shame to see you all, with all the knowledge and experience you all possess, essentially belittle one another. I'm not calling out any names and this is not a direct attack. We, as a collective, can do better. At this point, the 8325s have come, so once again, it is only a waiting game. Eventually, things will be equal again. There are much better things to focus on, such as why CTA does what is does and continue to monitor and analyze what happens, as opposed to sitting around and typing about the same old thing. When i joined in 2014(?), my primary purpose was to learn, and it still is. I believe you all still have a lot to teach. Our energies are better spent elsewhere.

I agree with back and forth but not the belittling. I have the upmost respect for Bus Hunter, 5750 and every 1 on this page despite our differences of opinions I would never belittle no one ???. But I hear you tho and agree.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Hey only thing keeping this argument going are the NW-siders in denial ??

7 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

I agree with back and forth but not the belittling. I have the upmost respect for Bus Hunter, 5750 and every 1 on this page despite our differences of opinions I would never belittle no one ???. But I hear you tho and agree.

Yeah I respect you too. I'm just trying to straighten you out. Lol!! I tell you if I cant debate a point what's the point in posting anything. It's called a forum. Do you know how boring it would be if we all agreed On everything. You may not like what I post but I'm not going to lie about my opinions. I stand up for what I believe in. 

Now the reason 79th and the 3 is so scary is because of the volume of riders is great so you have the potential for more unsavary stuff happening. Okay 103rd will get wild when school let's out hence blare holt. It's called the wild 100s out there. But the 34 is no worse than the 20. There are alot of gunshot incidents on the 20. Just look on my youtube if you dont believe me. And yes there has been fatalities involved. I cant recall anything happening on the 34. The only place that might be of concern is altgeld gardens but the east end of 87th ain't so great either. I've been involved in a police incident there myself driving. I get all over the city. 

I talk to fg operators too. The 91 is about the worst place you could drive a bus there. The 85 is better. Then they have issues in uptown. People act like they want to rob you. People wont drive the 78 but I think the 81 has more risk again due to the volume. Did you forget about the police incident on the 77 around western where there was gunshots involved. Might have been a fatality involved. Stuff really can happen anywhere. I've heard gunshots in dunning we are not immune. 

5 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

7904 has been M.I.A for some time now. I haven't seen it in the garage or nothing. I'll check 77th to see if it's on the fence or perhaps returned to 77th I'm not sure.

We need to do some sleuthing on several M.I.A's..

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ajay said:

Umm I just went pass Kedzie and I think i saw some novabus behind a DE60LF that be standing outside by the Harrison area. Do anyone noticed that?

I noticed that also for a while kedize will have a Nova or a few sitting outside the garage strange for a garage that never get em or want them 

On 4/15/2019 at 12:28 AM, Shannon CVPI said:

I noticed that also for a while kedize will have a Nova or a few sitting outside the garage strange for a garage that never get em or want them 

Its a 2018-2019 model. Just went passed it again. Unit is unknown.