7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

4 hours ago, Dawnlight said:

Or a time where a FG route is running on a normal M-F schedule with no 6400's at all!

Oh that's coming in the future. There may actually be weekend days coming soon like in maybe 3 months where no #6400's operate out of FG, but once the 125 or 150 roll in no doubt about it they won't exist on the weekends unless someone really likes #6400's. They do have good AC, but so do the #1000's. #1000's would probably be the anti-#8200. I think the heaters are pretty good on the #8200's, but #6400's will cook you if you sit in the handicapped position seats, if everything's working.

14 hours ago, sw4400 said:

Ok, here's my shots of #8200 on #152, as promised. They came out pretty good on my Galaxy S7!!! :) Seats were a little slippery in my work pants(I was wearing jeans on #8222). Air conditioning was working great and interior was comfortable.

20160619_153037.jpg

20160619_153056.jpg

The seats are just as slippery in khaki pants as they are in shorts. I would guess jeans are more abrasive. I have to constantly push myself back up in the seat. I feel like Cartman in South Park, when he gets pissed off he makes that po'ed sigh!! xD

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jajuan said:

Well the FG new Novas are only on Belmont right now so looks like their being on other routes was mainly weekend thing so far outside of the few making it to other routes Thursday and Friday. 

Probably what is more amazing is that out of 24 #8200 buses, there were only 15 in service. it makes me wonder if #77 operators still have the option to not take out an #8200? 

13 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Here's shots of #8212. Now I can rest until something new comes out!!

On 6/8/2016 at 10:32 PM, BusHunter said:

Now the story with #8206 was that it's destination was all screwed up. It was driving down the street with "CTA Program 6/19/16" on it and if you look it's run box is stuck on run #922 out of 77th.

#8206:

cta 8206 front on 77.PNG

cta 8206 rear on 77.PNG

You still have the assignment, should you choose to accept it, to determine whether the passage of time has healed 8206's sign.

21 minutes ago, Busjack said:

You still have the assignment, should you choose to accept it, to determine whether the passage of time has healed 8206's sign.

You know the answer to that!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

But it has two unique paper signs printed on authentic CTA ink!! (destination paper signs sold separately) xD

10 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Probably what is more amazing is that out of 24 #8200 buses, there were only 15 in service. it makes me wonder if #77 operators still have the option to not take out an #8200? 

And according to Math's tracker at the moment only half are out now, all of which on the #77. 

10 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Here's shots of #8212. Now I can rest until something new comes out!! :O

cta 8212 front on 77.PNG

cta 8212 front to lsd 6-20-16.PNG

cta 8212 rear on 77.PNG

Good shots. Taking note of the temperature display on the sign of the Boystown MB Bank branch at the time, hopefully you kept yourself properly hydrated out there yesterday.

34 minutes ago, patman119 said:

8236 should be arriving any day now. Someone on Twitter spotted it on the Ohio Turnpike on Sunday.

If it's not already here. Ohio is close enough that it could have arrived here between yesterday morning and  last night after a Sunday sighting in that state. The drive time from Ohio to Chicago is given as just under six hours. So actually it could have gotten here Sunday night if that sighting was early enough in the day.

45 minutes ago, jajuan said:

And according to Math's tracker at the moment only half are out now, all of which on the #77. 

Good shots. Taking note of the temperature display on the sign of the Boystown MB Bank branch at the time, hopefully you kept yourself properly hydrated out there yesterday.

If it's not already here. Ohio is close enough that it could have arrived here between yesterday morning and  last night after a Sunday sighting in that state. The drive time from Ohio to Chicago is given as just under six hours. So actually it could have gotten here Sunday night if that sighting was early enough in the day.

I took a look at the tweet again. The time it was posted was 3:23PM EST, so it may have arrived late Sunday or early Monday.

8236.jpg

1 minute ago, garmon757 said:

Obviously that guy doesn't know that they have to go past Ohio to get here........

Also, that the bus was NOT IN SERVICE and not picking up passengers on the Ohio Turnpike.

I wonder, though, if this indicates that Nova installs the CTA program into the signs.

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

Also, that the bus was NOT IN SERVICE and not picking up passengers on the Ohio Turnpike.

I wonder, though, if this indicates that Nova installs the CTA program into the signs.

I don't know. Would a not in service bus have an A in the run box. Looks like a generic sign. Although there may be a few general signs like Chicago is (flip) my kind of town. i believe that was on the NF's during delivery. There's probably no routes though as the sign program is 6/19 and Novabus is not going to keep up with that. Programming signs nowadays is so simple it's probably just hooking up an internet connection somewhere on the bus and downloading it or bootlegging it off a computer that does get internet. That's how the modern pinballs update, they have a usb connection and you download new code off the net from a computer with a usb,  stick a usb in the game with the new code and it updates. New code happens all the time.

6 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

I don't know. Would a not in service bus have an A in the run box. Looks like a generic sign. Although there may be a few general signs like Chicago is (flip) my kind of town. i believe that was on the NF's during delivery. There's probably no routes though as the sign program is 6/19 and Novabus is not going to keep up with that. Programming signs nowadays is so simple it's probably just hooking up an internet connection somewhere on the bus and downloading it or bootlegging it off a computer that does get internet. That's how the modern pinballs update, they have a usb connection and you download new code off the net from a computer with a usb,  stick a usb in the game with the new code and it updates. New code happens all the time.

Yeah it's probably just a generic sign, looking at the 'A' in the run box. And I think you got the old saying in CTA destination display backward BH. It's actually 'MY KIND OF TOWN' flip 'CHICAGO IS'. It's from an old song about Chicago of the same name.  There have also been newer model buses that have displayed the old CTA motto 'Spirit of Chicago'. 

12 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Programming signs nowadays is so simple it's probably just hooking up an internet connection somewhere on the bus and downloading it or bootlegging it off a computer that does get internet

Andre said, with respect to Pace contractors uploading signs is that a file would be sent to the garage, and then a laptop would be used to send it to the bus sign controller. Luminator says "Adding ODK4 to your system allows message listing upload via USB, wireless or on board AVL system and diagnostic capabilities" Someone said here before you couldn't use the network to update the sign box, but maybe with the reference to AVL, you now can.

Still doesn't explain why 8202 was messed up, though.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, garmon757 said:

#8234 #8235 #8236 #8237 and #8239 have arrived. #8081 will be back in service tomorrow. 

If they do what they did last week, it's going to be a wild wednesday over here on the NW side. They'll probably have to bring some over  to FG or they will end up with 20 buses at SS when the #8240's show up possibly next week.

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

If they do what they did last week, it's going to be a wild wednesday over here on the NW side. They'll probably have to bring some over  to FG or they will end up with 20 buses at SS when the #8240's show up possibly next week.

They have plenty of space at the shop. You must forgot that it was about 22 of them parked out there last year before they went into service. However, they need to stop hogging them on #77 though. 

If they are going to consistently have 6 or so #8200's at the garage then they should just put those in service on non #77 routes. I can't come up with many good reasons why new buses would sit at a garage. But if fg gets 6-8 this week then we should start seeing some on other routes hopefully.