7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

3 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Ok here's a bunch of pictures of #8224, #8226 and #8227. Today for the first time, there seemed about 80 percent #8200's on the #77. According to what I figured looking at mathstracker and what I observed, I come up 22 #8200's and 6 #6400's on the #77 this afternoon. These #6400's are becoming an endangered species at least on the #77, I think soon like within a week we may  not be seeing any #6400's on the #77. The buses they have at SS should easily cover what's left on #77. There's something wrong/defect with #8226 maybe our eagle eyed members can tell us what it is.

#8224:

cta 8224 front on 77.PNG

cta 8224 side on 77.PNG

cta 8224 rear on 77.PNG

#8226:

cta 8226 front on 77.PNG

cta 8226 rear on 77.PNG

#8227:

cta 8227 front  on 77.PNG

cta 8227 rear on 77.PNG

Man, I can't even publish some of your shots because most of them were on #77!!!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Ok here's a bunch of pictures of #8224, #8226 and #8227. Today for the first time, there seemed about 80 percent #8200's on the #77. According to what I figured looking at mathstracker and what I observed, I come up 22 #8200's and 6 #6400's on the #77 this afternoon. These #6400's are becoming an endangered species at least on the #77, I think soon like within a week we may  not be seeing any #6400's on the #77. The buses they have at SS should easily cover what's left on #77. There's something wrong/defect with #8226 maybe our eagle eyed members can tell us what it is.

#8226:

cta 8226 front on 77.PNG

The run number box is OOS.

15 minutes ago, garmon757 said:

Man, I can't even publish some of your shots because most of them were on #77!!!

What's even more scary is how am I going to know when a new bus goes out when it's a ghost bus and it's not going out on #77? Don't tell me I'm going to have to set up my lawn chair outside FG??? 9_9xD

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Hmm, 4 #8200's are on the #56 this morning. Don't tell me CTA's 2nd fetish is Loop Link!! 9_9 That's about as many that was on the #76 that one morning, when they debuted.

There is some sort of fetish about 56. When FG had the albino buses, they usually did not run there.

What's probably the real explanation is that Bus Tracker indicates that there are almost, but not quite enough 8200s to cover 77.

5 minutes ago, Busjack said:

There is some sort of fetish about 56. When FG had the albino buses, they usually did not run there.

You know this brings back memories of #5477 - #5544. i remember when they were waiting for #5545 and up (took about 3 months) they ran those exclusively on the #77, #56 and #81. Hmm, could we be seeing some sort of pattern here? The #81 just eats up riders at Jeff. Alot of times I don't even see those poor guys get a layover. There's always Marine Dr though!! Probably having a supervisor at Jeff doesn't really help much for those wishing for a layover. i just hope no one has to use the bathroom!! 9_9

45 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

i just hope no one has to use the bathroom!!

There's one at Jeff Pk. I don't know if there are facilities on Marine Dr (bus seems just to go up and down the LSD ramps). I hope you are not suggesting using the Lake for that purpose.:O

10 hours ago, BusHunter said:

You know this brings back memories of #5477 - #5544. i remember when they were waiting for #5545 and up (took about 3 months) they ran those exclusively on the #77, #56 and #81. Hmm, could we be seeing some sort of pattern here? The #81 just eats up riders at Jeff. Alot of times I don't even see those poor guys get a layover. There's always Marine Dr though!! Probably having a supervisor at Jeff doesn't really help much for those wishing for a layover. i just hope no one has to use the bathroom!! 9_9

Possible pattern. Go for the busier FG routes first working outward. Though #80 and #85 would be before #56 in that regard but the FG NFs seem to be filling in on those in that helping out the old Novas capacity. However, you also have to factor in that back 25 years ago when the Flx 5300s were new, CTA still had the accessible/nonaccessible bus distinctions in play and #56, #77 and #81 were the first routes to get the accessible route designation with the accessible buses they had on hand at the time. In fact, it was the beginning of the accessible/nonaccessible distinctions. That part played more a factor than FG simply saying 'ok we got new buses and this is the route pattern we want to deploy them out'. 

23 hours ago, Busjack said:

There's one at Jeff Pk. I don't know if there are facilities on Marine Dr (bus seems just to go up and down the LSD ramps). I hope you are not suggesting using the Lake for that purpose.:O

There is Weiss hospital for the 81, St Joseph Hospital for the 77. Gotta go Gotta go! !!

On 6/20/2016 at 4:29 PM, jajuan said:

Well the FG new Novas are only on Belmont right now so looks like their being on other routes was mainly weekend thing so far outside of the few making it to other routes Thursday and Friday. 

8227 on #56 today...

IMG_0343.JPG

19 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Now why didn't I think of that. o.O

Well CTA has been 100% accessible on the bus side of operations for 12 years. So at this point it's sometimes easy to forget about there being a time that CTA had that accessible/nonaccesible distinction.:P

1 hour ago, garmon757 said:

#8245 is in Syracuse, NY right now. It should be landing at the shop by tomorrow. 

Or on the Ohio turnpike today. The question is what is #8250 doing? If the March dated glass installations are any indication, it may be being built as we speak, but might take two months to get to a completed phase if building the whole lot of 50 again. Depends on the company schedule also, but with the last 25 buses in the wind, so to speak, completing the order quickly is probably in the companies best interest. (They'll probably get those anyway)