7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

Didn't see anything at the glen tonight either. #8324 must be in the maintenance building or something. #8322 was out on the #56 but it must have died mid route, last reported at Leavitt nb. The tracker dropped it and it seemed #8304 replaced it. Strange thing is #8304 was a pullin and it was in a pack with #8246, so why not just have her pull in from leavitt possibly on a slow order unless the bus was dead. (I hope not) Later on i notice #8323 was in service on the #56 also oddly at leavitt. Could have been #8322's replacement and #8304 was just a ghost bus different run.

Another strange event, #8211 was sitting with no operator on the #85A for the 7:05pm trip from jeff. So i was like cool i don't have to wait for the #85 which was coming in 22 minutes. So here we are sitting, sitting and sitting. Bus turns off everyone's like..... Well.....??? So this pullin shows up in the #85N bay and like 4-10 guys me included make a mad dash to it. She let us on. Some guy was trying to get off the #85A bus' rear door, it was locked or closed. I was like hey guy, there's no operator to open the door!! :P He ended up missing the pullin/makeshift #85 I was on. I checked during my fg tour and the bus was still there so i get back to jeff and here comes #8211 again but with a not in service sign to go out on the #81W, it's interline. Wacky night!! That operator must have had a long personal or he/she fell in at the commode.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Didn't see anything at the glen tonight either. #8324 must be in the maintenance building or something. #8322 was out on the #56 but it must have died mid route, last reported at Leavitt nb. The tracker dropped it and it seemed #8304 replaced it. Strange thing is #8304 was a pullin and it was in a pack with #8246, so why not just have her pull in from leavitt possibly on a slow order unless the bus was dead. (I hope not) Later on i notice #8323 was in service on the #56 also oddly at leavitt. Could have been #8322's replacement and #8304 was just a ghost bus different run.

Another strange event, #8211 was sitting with no operator on the #85A for the 7:05pm trip from jeff. So i was like cool i don't have to wait for the #85 which was coming in 22 minutes. So here we are sitting, sitting and sitting. Bus turns off everyone's like..... Well.....??? So this pullin shows up in the #85N bay and like 4-10 guys me included make a mad dash to it. She let us on. Some guy was trying to get off the #85A bus' rear door, it was locked or closed. I was like hey guy, there's no operator to open the door!! :P He ended up missing the pullin/makeshift #85 I was on. I checked during my fg tour and the bus was still there so i get back to jeff and here comes #8211 again but with a not in service sign to go out on the #81W, it's interline. Wacky night!! That operator must have had a long personal or he/she fell in at the commode.

You're lucky Vince is taking a little sabbatical and Triple-H and Stephanie aren't as pushy for those pictures as he is :PxD . Needless to say, he did leave a reminder memo, corrected so there's no confusion.... 

The first member of the chitransit.org site who captures a non-altered image of #8324 on it's first assignment will get the official Nova Bus Championship belt.

-V.K McMahon

Triple-H Meme 3.png

• Upvote 1

It's probably an inside job. :P CTA will most likely be taking the first picture and putting it on Facebook or something since it's the last bus. (for now hoping for up to #8349 though) But then again you never know, maybe more people are crazy about trains than buses. They did have that 500th #5000 thing. 

3 hours ago, BusHunter said:

It's probably an inside job. :P CTA will most likely be taking the first picture and putting it on Facebook or something since it's the last bus. (for now hoping for up to #8349 though) But then again you never know, maybe more people are crazy about trains than buses. They did have that 500th #5000 thing. 

And held out 5713-14 for the Yellow Line reopening. But as  you have noted, CTA has not indicated whether it will exercise the last option.

28 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Uh oh #8324 is on the #92 and I'm out here. ....

(Cue the Jaws theme):D

Cant put a link on my phone!!>:(

HHH is sending John Cena with an Abrams tanks to squish you at Foster and Kostner. Actually it will be passing the National Guard armory fairly soon.

8324.png

• Upvote 1

Wait a minute, no trophy. >:( All right I'm getting triple H on the phone and sending him over to SW's house. He wants to show you some of his new moves. :D He likes my screen name, his first name is Hunter!!

In more serious news, #8320 has appeared on the #81 maybe for the morning - early afternoon shift only, so we only need to look for #8319, must be needing parts or something and #8305, must be needing help finding Chicago on the map!! :P

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Wait a minute, no trophy. >:( All right I'm getting triple H on the phone and sending him over to SW's house. He wants to show you some of his new moves. :D He likes my screen name, his first name is Hunter!!

In more serious news, #8320 has appeared on the #81 maybe for the morning - early afternoon shift only, so we only need to look for #8319, must be needing parts or something and #8305, must be needing help finding Chicago on the map!! :P

Keep your pants on..... I.... I mean Vince had a little trouble with his internet yesterday courtesy of Xfinity. But now that it's back, let the ceremony commence shortly..... :P:D 

"On Monday, February 3rd, 2014, the 1st ever 7900-Series bus was reported to be at the South Shops by an individual by the name of @South Shop 7. A few weeks later, the 1st photograph of this bus was seen at South Shops as well as at the CTA Headquarters, both of which were taken by @mel bernero(and also taken by the Administrator of this fine forum, @Kevin, whose pictures can be seen on chicagobus.org under 7900-Series Nova Bus). Since that time, and over the past two years, we've seen the buses come in bunches....... 7900's, 8000's, 8100's and now the 8200's and 8300's in 2016. And on Friday, September 16th, 2016, the picture of the last Nova in numerical order...... #8324 has been photographed in service. And to that individual goes the Nova Bus Championship. So, @BusHunter, your title will be given out shortly following this..... To everyone else who took pictures of the new fleet to grace the city of Chicago, I thank each and every one of you for your hard work and effort. Thank you and good day!!!"

Vince McMahon Blank 2.jpg

"To the individual who has taken the photograph of the final #7900-Series bus in numerical order..... #8324, we have crafted a elegant little belt commemorating this moment. This is the coveted Nova Bus Championship. This fine belt marks the date and individual who, with their time and effort, photographed the bus and shared it for us all to see here on this forum. @BusHunter, today you played the game well..... today you are that damn good. So we honor your work today. Show it off with pride!!!"

Triple-H Blank 1.jpg

Nova Bus Picture Championship September 16, 2016.jpg

17 minutes ago, sw4400 said:

"On Monday, February 3rd, 2014, the 1st ever 7900-Series bus was reported to be at the South Shops by an individual by the name of @South Shop 7. A few weeks later, the 1st photograph of this bus was seen at South Shops as well as at the CTA Headquarters, both of which were taken by @mel bernero(and also taken by the Administrator of this fine forum, @Kevin, whose pictures can be seen on chicagobus.org under 7900-Series Nova Bus). Since that time, and over the past two years, we've seen the buses come in bunches....... 7900's, 8000's, 8100's and now the 8200's and 8300's in 2016. And on Friday, September 16th, 2016, the picture of the last Nova in numerical order...... #8324 has been photographed in service. And to that individual goes the Nova Bus Championship. So, @BusHunter, your title will be given out shortly following this..... To everyone else who took pictures of the new fleet to grace the city of Chicago, I thank each and every one of you for your hard work and effort. Thank you and good day!!!"

Vince McMahon Blank 2.jpg

You're right, it's the last bus in numerical sequence. BH though points out we still got one bus at least that still hasn't been seen in service yet, 8305.xD:P So we're not quite completely done yet.

6 hours ago, jajuan said:

You're right, it's the last bus in numerical sequence. BH though points out we still got a couple buses at least that still haven't been seen in service yet, 8305 and 8319.xD:P

"Where I do my business, that sounds like a challenge, pally!!!! Ok...... we'll make it interesting..... you want the title, here's what you have to do. We have #8305 and #8319. To wrestle the title away from @BusHunter, you have to be the first to photograph and upload both buses in service here. Note it doesn't have to be same day, but you have to be the first to upload legitimate pictures of both buses in service. So use the tools you have at your disposal(bustracker, etc...) and maybe you can take his title. Until then, he is your Nova Bus Champion. And this challenge goes to everyone on the forum. You must photograph both buses before anyone else to take that title!!! Otherwise, @BusHunter remains champion!!!"

Vince McMahon Blank 4.jpg

1 hour ago, Johnny 5 said:

Hey everyone! The last fleet of the new buses (#8324) was on the #92 yesterday according to a YouTube uploader Rhys Pate 

According to BusHunter, BusHunter already captured it.

I see that jajuan and Vinne Mac are still negotiating the terms of the last bus award.

Still looks like #8305 is missing, and according to BusHunter's little note on his roster page, it's not at South Shops..... so one question must be asked, and works well in a song fomat, so do it, Rockapella!!! :D 

Where In The World Is The Missing Nova Bus???

The Case Of "The Amazing Vanishing Bus" or "No, No Nova"

5 hours ago, sw4400 said:

Where In The World Is The Missing Nova Bus???

As Andre pointed out, not in the computer, either.

As the Rock was quoted on The SCORE, maybe it is a victim of "Hell in the Cell, Rage in the Cage, or Painus in the Anus."