7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

7 hours ago, XE NewFlyer said:

1890 and 1924 are at FG, so i predict that the 8325's will go to NP the garage where 1890 and 1924 are from. They are most likely there to replace old novas from FG. There will probably be more buses from NP to FG.

Lol slow down a bit lol NP not even in the mix to get any Novas at all let alone the latest 1's lol the only possibilities are between FG, 77th and 103rd. But definitely not NP.

There is a little bit of clues here, perhaps....

If you check out my Forest Glen Garage Roster page here, you'll notice that there are approximately 17 of the Novas from 2000-2002 that have gone unseen for 5 days or more(I check the roster on weekdays for changes and adjust, so check back). Now 17 isn't 25, but it's pretty close.... and maybe the "borrowed" buses are holdovers until the 8325's come into service.

So, while I can't say the 8325-Series Novas are coming to Forest Glen, the possibility is high, given the number of older Novas that have gone missing.

7 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Lol slow down a bit lol NP not even in the mix to get any Novas at all let alone the latest 1's lol the only possibilities are between FG, 77th and 103rd. But definitely not NP.

NP did have novas back in 2010 so they might be able to get them again. FG: definitely probable 77th: probably not as they mostly use 1000's 103rd: could be but no bus changes to give evidence. 

20 minutes ago, XE NewFlyer said:

NP did have novas back in 2010 so they might be able to get them again. FG: definitely probable 77th: probably not as they mostly use 1000's 103rd: could be but no bus changes to give evidence. 

NP did have a handful of Novas when Archer was closed.  They were primarily used on the 49. After a SHORT period, NP ditched all of those Novas and sent them to FG.  I don't think that short experiment puts NP in the mix for new Novas.

On 2/18/2019 at 7:52 AM, artthouwill said:

NP did have a handful of Novas when Archer was closed.  They were primarily used on the 49. After a SHORT period, NP ditched all of those Novas and sent them to FG.  I don't think that short experiment puts NP in the mix for new Novas.

Exactly!... it's between FG, 77th and 103rd. My garage suppose to get 25-35 novas. NP definitely not in the mix at all. All of 103rd operators had to have mandatory training for them so that's what makes us in the mix for the new novas. As I said before 77th could get them 1st cause they typically always get new buses 1st but FG could get them to replace their old novas. 103rd may get them and send a few flyers over to FG. Time will definitely tell though. Hopefully sooner than later.

15 minutes ago, CTA5750 said:

There seems to be more and more NFs popping up at FG.  So those who say that FG may not get the new Novas. You may be right!    I’m putting my bets that they won’t get them

Or maybe. Just maybe the NFs are temporary loans until either the 8325s arrive OR some of the downed 6400s return to service.  Three spotted NFs on FG routes aren't enough to make a conclusion about not getting 8325s.

11 minutes ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

If you all think about it these buses will probably hit the streets in May because that’s when the 7900’s starting rolling the 7900’s were on the news on February 26th 2014 so gives us all a little hint....

May is too far in my opinion but I would have to say no later than march especially with the spring pick around the corner. That would make sense for bus moves as well. But I think they'll still be in service before the month is over. 

One small step for man....

Went by south shops all the 8325s now have plates and fare boxes there are a couple in the end that dont though. Buses seem to be moving around. Might be a good idea to check out a few garages to see if there is any internal training because some seem to be missing. Where did they go?

On 2/21/2019 at 3:00 PM, BusHunter said:

One small step for man....

Went by south shops all the 8325s now have plates and fare boxes there are a couple in the end that dont though. Buses seem to be moving around. Might be a good idea to check out a few garages to see if there is any internal training because some seem to be missing. Where did they go?

Apparently FG like I expected.  Unfortunately they have up a dozen 82xxs to 103rd for some New Flyers.  I wonder if 77th will fork over some more Novas to 103rd or will C give up some?

1 minute ago, artthouwill said:

Apparently FG like I expected.  Unfortunately they have up a dozen 82xxs to 103rd for some New Flyers.  I wonder if 77th will fork over some more Novas to 103rd or will C give up some?

*I caught the new #8347 on Diversey (see photo above). Yes, they have been placed to FG now.

3 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

What's funny is I saw 8236 earlier today pull in 103rd but not too long ago as I pulled in on Novas I saw were 7903 and 04 which apparently are still here lol. How do you know about the 8200 though? 

3 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I would guess that C would be the more likely candidate for a swap. They have 124 Novas (including 24 hard-seaters) vs. the 97 at 77th. Maybe we'll know by next Saturday morning.

9 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Dont count your chickens too fast. Looks like the south side grinch is at hand. I was going to say we'll see how long they stay at fg but it appears just one day. Typical cta if you ask me. I was going to take pictures but I'm not going to worry about it. 8340 is still at fg but it will soon be gone no other 8325 buses are at fg. They might as well just take all the novas and give fg the crappy 1000s. Again. Cta gives fg the oldest buses do we see a pattern here. I really need to go to cta hq and ask why did the nw side get the 3200s but the response will be because they would have no train cars in service otherwise. But really I'd get some phony story that I wouldnt believe anyway. Nw siders do yourself a favor call lyft and uber. 

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Dont count your chickens too fast. Looks like the south side grinch is at hand. I was going to say we'll see how long they stay at fg but it appears just one day. Typical cta if you ask me. I was going to take pictures but I'm not going to worry about it. 8340 is still at fg but it will soon be gone no other 8325 buses are at fg. They might as well just take all the novas and give fg the crappy 1000s. Again. Cta gives fg the oldest buses do we see a pattern here. I really need to go to cta hq and ask why did the nw side get the 3200s but the response will be because they would have no train cars in service otherwise. But really I'd get some phony story that I wouldnt believe anyway. Nw siders do yourself a favor call lyft and uber. 

Let's just wait and see, ok? They had 9 buses at FG on Saturday... we'll recheck again tomorrow and over the next few days to see what happens.

• Upvote 2

On 2/23/2019 at 7:19 PM, wordguy said:

I would guess that C would be the more likely candidate for a swap. They have 124 Novas (including 24 hard-seaters) vs. the 97 at 77th. Maybe we'll know by next Saturday morning.

I'm thinking 77th will be giving buses, as they mainly use 1000's. If Chicago can make do with 124 buses or less they will use the Nova's with maybe 5 or 6 NF's in service, While 77th uses a majority of NF's on the weekend.  

On 2/24/2019 at 1:54 AM, BusHunter said:

Glad FG got the new buses. They deserve them!  But I can’t help to think what other tricks CTA have up their sleeves As they did with then 8200s. Not long after FG received them. They were “stolen”from FG to give to C. I can’t help to think if CTA will pull this crap again and continue sliding more old 1000s into FG without anyone noticing.  It’s like waving the candy in the baby’s face!  Let’s see if FG keeps these buses. CTA plays with FG a lot!

Yeah 5750, I've seen so many back door trades at fg I can't help but be skeptical. Hence my aggravated post. I had went to the glen that night to see no new buses except 8340 in the 3rd yard. It has something wrong with it. At south shops it was on the side and I didnt see a farebox. This morning a few new buses are on the streets of fg 8348 which still has a delivery paper in its front window which makes me wonder how fresh it is on the 77. 8344 was out this morning on the 77.  8347 is carrying a 77 sign on foster now in service. 8335 and 8337 are also at the glen it appears just a few went to 103rd. Some seem to have come back like. 8347. I noticed 8236-47 went out to 103rd so fg also lost 8200s. Dont know if they are short or not. Why didnt chicago send some 8200s south. Boggles the mind but it makes it look like fg is getting the short end of the stick.