Jump to content

7900-series Nova LFS - Deliveries & Assignments


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Theres nothing we can do about it anyway cta's going to do what they want. Should they have artics on the 77 yes. Should fg have newer buses yes

It's the way they do stuff that is disturbing. If 103rd needs the shields it's ok but take from all the 7900 garages not just one garage. Chicago has so many novas basically that's all they run. What bothers me is both 74th and chicago have 33 percent more novas than FG but fg keeps the 6400s. That's disturbing to me. Me myself I'm just debating. No swinging here. 

There is nothing wrong with what you are saying.  I think we all agree with you on this.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nova Smart Bus 7901 at South Shops on 2/3/ 2014

Nova 7900, CTA photograph

Guys no disrespect but can we stay on the subject or topic at hand. It's like lately when I click on a topic and read the comments it has nothing to do with anything. I was ginuely hoping somebody saw

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Is the 75 & 94 interlined? I always wondered why they changed the terminus to Damen/74th from 71st/Sacramento

They needed a new layover spot cause the park kicked them out. And as far as interlines mainly among Midway routes. 47, 55, 59, 55A, 55N, 59, 63 and 63W all have some interlines with each other 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Is the 75 & 94 interlined? I always wondered why they changed the terminus to Damen/74th from 71st/Sacramento

I dont know why they changed the terminal from Sacramento to Damen but to answer your question yes 75 and 94 do interline in a way. You can catch both lines at 74th and Damen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr.cta85 said:

I dont know why they changed the terminal from Sacramento to Damen but to answer your question yes 75 and 94 do interline in a way. You can catch both lines at 74th and Damen.

I thought the story was the reliefs were having a hard time getting to the garage or relief point. 71st goes to 69th at western and the 48 only runs in the rush so how do you get to the garage? Walk. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

I thought the story was the reliefs were having a hard time getting to the garage or relief point. 71st goes to 69th at western and the 48 only runs in the rush so how do you get to the garage? Walk. 

That's also true about the relief according to the operators I've talked to when I was at 74th 👍🏽😊.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2019 at 12:56 PM, BusHunter said:

Theres nothing we can do about it anyway cta's going to do what they want. Should they have artics on the 77 yes. Should fg have newer buses yes

It's the way they do stuff that is disturbing. If 103rd needs the shields it's ok but take from all the 7900 garages not just one garage. Chicago has so many novas basically that's all they run. What bothers me is both 74th and chicago have 33 percent more novas than FG but fg keeps the 6400s. That's disturbing to me. Me myself I'm just debating. No swinging here. 

This is what I’m saying but some here want to whine and cry and make too much out of it.  Geez. Let someone speak their minds! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CTA5750 said:

This is what I’m saying but some here want to whine and cry and make too much out of it.  Geez. Let someone speak their minds! 

And top it off the low #7900's that were at 103rd seems to have went back to 77th. So the garage that needs the buses the most gets Shanghai'd. Yet again. I dont get why some say that this is fair cause it keeps happening it consistant. I wouldn't doubt fg does become all 1000s and 6400s of course and the 8200s go south. That's just how it is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

And top it off the low #7900's that were at 103rd seems to have went back to 77th. So the garage that needs the buses the most gets Shanghai'd. Yet again. I dont get why some say that this is fair cause it keeps happening it consistant. I wouldn't doubt fg does become all 1000s and 6400s of course and the 8200s go south. That's just how it is. 

I'm not really following this post here..... are you checking the tracker?

 

Untitled.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Thought they went back. I guess not but still what did they take 3 buses? Fg gave 18. That sounds balanced. 9_9

That was my entire point I made a week ago about the moves looking shady from the get go and this is coming from a southsider that sits in 74th's territory. I wonder why 77th just didn't send over #7903-#7923 to 103rd in exchange for some mid #1000's or low #1100's.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

That was my entire point I made a week ago about the moves looking shady from the get go and this is coming from a southsider that sits in 74th's territory. I wonder why 77th just didn't send over #7903-#7923 to 103rd in exchange for some mid #1000's or low #1100's.

I wouldn't say shady.  Maybe inefficient, but not shady.  If 8200 thru 8349 all went to FG, it wouldn't reduce the number of 6400s because the newer buses would offset the New Flyers FG currently has.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I wouldn't say shady.  Maybe inefficient, but not shady.  If 8200 thru 8349 all went to FG, it wouldn't reduce the number of 6400s because the newer buses would offset the New Flyers FG currently has.

Well, if you want to look at offset.... FG had about 80 of the 6400-Series Novas prior to the 8325's entering service and the shifting. Now, there are 65(with a fluctuating number on that). I think it's a safe bet that any of the 6400's and 6500's are retired now and will eventually be scrapped. So approx. 18 of the 6400-Series Novas are gone, the lone exception to that is 6842, which hasn't been seen on the tracker in over 20 days(minus Saturday/Sunday & Holidays as I don't check then due to low use of them on these days).

That's a reasonable number dropped from 80, which has been about the number active before the 8325's. I think ultimately to retire them fully(whether it be 2019 or 2020.... it's getting close, I would think), it'll take either 60-65 more New Flyers from other garages, or a mix of New Flyers and Novas(any of the 7900-Series or 8325-Series not at FG currently).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sw4400 said:

I don't know about 7902. It doesn't show up on the tracker, like 7900(Training Bus) and 7901(???).

IIRC, someone here saw 7901 sitting in 77th about a month ago. Seems like its been there forever. My guess is a training bus but for mechanics and the like

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2019 at 11:51 AM, BusHunter said:

And top it off the low #7900's that were at 103rd seems to have went back to 77th. So the garage that needs the buses the most gets Shanghai'd. Yet again. I dont get why some say that this is fair cause it keeps happening it consistant. I wouldn't doubt fg does become all 1000s and 6400s of course and the 8200s go south. That's just how it is. 

Those who question me argue with me because they know I’m right! I worked for CTA for eight years!  My dad for 27 years! I know the backhanded crap they pull to keep the far northwest side riders traveling on “third hand” looking equipment!  It’s a freakin shame!  CTA has always practiced this! Believe me if the roles were reversed.  You would get a lot of bickering here and on the local media that the south side has outdated equipment. But we’re not hearing any of that are we??? Of course not!  New rail cars. New stations. New buses. 95th st station gets a totally new reconstructed terminal. While Jefferson Park. While at the very least,  I’m glad the bus terminal is finally is being rebuilt. The train platform gets a few led lights installed and some paint!!!  Big deal!!  Plus the ratio of new equipment for the south and west sides is greater than the entire northwest side!  This is undisputed!!!  I’ve hardly seen any of the 8325s up here. All too often I’ve talked to the few operators I still keep in touch with   They have said the same thing Ive been saying all along. They’re fed up with th e south and west sides getting the preference while FG gets mostly “hand me downs”. “junk buses”. Just yesterday I met a driver on Irving  riding of course a beat up 6700 series. Complain about the amount of junk buses FG has! I wasant surprised! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CTA5750 said:

Those who question me argue with me because they know I’m right! I worked for CTA for eight years!  My dad for 27 years! I know the backhanded crap they pull to keep the far northwest side riders traveling on “third hand” looking equipment!  It’s a freakin shame!  CTA has always practiced this! Believe me if the roles were reversed.  You would get a lot of bickering here and on the local media that the south side has outdated equipment. But we’re not hearing any of that are we??? Of course not!  New rail cars. New stations. New buses. 95th st station gets a totally new reconstructed terminal. While Jefferson Park. While at the very least,  I’m glad the bus terminal is finally is being rebuilt. The train platform gets a few led lights installed and some paint!!!  Big deal!!  Plus the ratio of new equipment for the south and west sides is greater than the entire northwest side!  This is undisputed!!!  I’ve hardly seen any of the 8325s up here. All too often I’ve talked to the few operators I still keep in touch with   They have said the same thing Ive been saying all along. They’re fed up with th e south and west sides getting the preference while FG gets mostly “hand me downs”. “junk buses”. Just yesterday I met a driver on Irving  riding of course a beat up 6700 series. Complain about the amount of junk buses FG has! I wasant surprised! 

The low 7900's that went back to 77th is not even true lol. 1st its only 2 buses we got from 77th which are 7903-04. Which are both at 103rd. All garages have rehabbed 1000 series so I don't see the unfairness there neither unless you wanna mention them having the oldest nf but so does my garage but still irrelevant cause they're all rehabbed. I was the 1 who said FG might lose their Novas in exchange for flyers but that doesn't mean it's going to happen lol. I have my reasons as to why I said it but I wont speak on it to just to avoid the back and forth. But currently as I said more than a few times at this point, FG still has 89 new novas so why are you guys still upset? I get the 6400's are still there but they're also on the way out. It's a reason FG have the fleet they have. You a former Operator I'm assuming from that garage so you know just as well as I do how different things are from the North and South side of the city. Kedzie and NP dont have Novas at all but you dont hear anybody on their behalf upset like you and Bus Hunter. Bus Hunter dont even ride public transit so I definitely dont see his reasons lol. He mad about the "lack of new buses" when he riding past people at the bus stop in his personal vehicle 🤔🤔😄😄 come on. Its Novas all across the city  now. I feel all garages should get 60 a piece but since that's not the case as of yet FG still have 89 in comparison to our lil 20 so yea.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

For someone that dont want to go back and forth you sure know how to start it. For one you assume alot about me. You dont know anything about me. Just cause your an operator dont make you any more special than anyone else. You dont work the north side so your opinions are irrelevant up here. When you work both places then I'll hear you. At least 5750 has worked the west side and has way more experience than you. 5750 tells it like it is. I cant help it if you cater to the south side. Just cause I'm in the minority doesnt mean I cant stand up for what's right. That is why this is the land of the free. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

For someone that dont want to go back and forth you sure know how to start it. For one you assume alot about me. You dont know anything about me. Just cause your an operator dont make you any more special than anyone else. You dont work the north side so your opinions are irrelevant up here. When you work both places then I'll hear you. At least 5750 has worked the west side and has way more experience than you. 5750 tells it like it is. I cant help it if you cater to the south side. Just cause I'm in the minority doesnt mean I cant stand up for what's right. That is why this is the land of the free. 

😄😄😄 YOU'RE the 1 who said you dont ride public transit not me. And me being an operator have nothing to do with me automatically being right or better than anyone! But as a operator I have different perspective and experience of each side of town having drove on both sides might I add. He had 8yrs I have 7 so I'd say we're neck and neck lol. I'm also not catering to the south side I'm just telling it like it is as well sir. Do you know why or how many operators who stay either south side or southern suburbs travel past 6 other garages just to go to Forest Glen? Its because of the peace of mind they have at that garage because they dont have to deal with the foolishness that we do out south and west. They call FG the Counrty Club for a reason and it's not because of no new buses lol.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's do some math.  There are 450 7900 series Novas split among 5 garages.  Split evenly, each garage would have 90 of those buses.  We know this:

103rd has 20

77th has 98

74th has 100

FG has 89

C has 143

With the exception of 103rd being way below average and C being way above average, the other garages are near the average allotment.   Based on those numbers, no one can reasonably say FG got shafted (103rd only has 20).

  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Let's do some math.  There are 450 7900 series Novas split among 5 garages.  Split evenly, each garage would have 90 of those buses.  We know this:

103rd has 20

77th has 98

74th has 100

FG has 89

C has 143

With the exception of 103rd being way below average and C being way above average, the other garages are near the average allotment.   Based on those numbers, no one can reasonably say FG got shafted (103rd only has 20).

Exactly lol. But 74th should have 112 that's including 8212-23 👍🏽. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Kevin unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • By sw4400
      I'm creating this topic because we currently have 25 Novas set to go into assignment at some point in the near future. This is the only purpose for this topic, do not use it to cast arguments about the past assignments or anything as such. Let's monitor CTA for the assignments of these buses and post them here(and perhaps a pic or two as well on route).
       

    • By East New York
      Good day all!

      My name is Dante, and I am a Transit Systems Engineer based in NYC. I have been following this forum for a couple years here and there, so I finally decided to join. One of the reasons is because my new position will have me traveling all over the country a lot, and I have learned a lot about CTA. Glad to be here, and hope to be a helpful part of some discussions.

      Question #1

      I know a little about the upcoming procurement as I have the RFP, but from your prospective, who all do you think has a chance at this contract, and who would you like to see it awarded to?

×
×
  • Create New...