7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

They're is no clear indication that they will get sent to 103rd.  I said this in the other topic yesterday about a number of factors being the reasoning behind why no one saw any of them out, one of them being malfunctioning trackers and the other being a different setup than the original orders before them but I didn't want to over speculate.

Also add on to that

every bus got a new technology here’s this old one that they used to have but now it’s a new thing that could also be a factor on why 8343-8349 were not out

CAE7D92C-1E4C-4152-A06F-4C75E6B96CA5.jpeg

28 minutes ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

Do you have proof those buses didn't come with those IBIS screens originally?

None of them had the new system ibis technology before it was changed over and I don't know the time frame for how long it would take for the new upgrades to be installed and working properly to show up on the tracker but a lot of buses aren't showing up on tracker and are also disappearing midway through runs as well on the tracker after the switch over. I remember seeing #8048 (Pull-in) doing a late night pull-in run off of Ashland and 87th and out of no where #1533 (Pull-out) shows up 1 minute behind it without showing up on the tracker and sitting at 87th for a good 3 minutes afterwards before continuing SB on ashland. After seeing turn around at 95th I figured it would show up on the tracker as a night-owl run but  never did as a result and it had the new ibis system. So my guess is the new system is still wonky when it comes to showing every bus and official arrival times for routes. Maybe that's why #8343-#8349 haven't shown up on the tracker consistently along with other buses as of late.

1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Also add on to that

every bus got a new technology here’s this old one that they used to have but now it’s a new thing that could also be a factor on why 8343-8349 were not out

CAE7D92C-1E4C-4152-A06F-4C75E6B96CA5.jpeg

May I ask also how is one driver 53 mins late? xD I'm just now noticing that, is Lawrence ave that bad from east to west and vice versa during peak hours? 

Dam I know CTA is always late can't never be on time but 53 mins lol yea I think the system outta wack cuz they would have turned that bus around last time I see a bus that far behind was when that small blizzard hit in 2015 & the Cicero bus driver pulled up at lake & Cicero going north said that I am supposed to be at Chicago going south & that she was supposed to be 15 mins behind that bus that had just passed lake & Cicero going south 

On 9/8/2019 at 12:07 PM, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

I bet you anything that FG is preparing them for a move to 103rd for 7 more flyers 

I thought thats what had happened. But I wont be surprised if it did

4 hours ago, CTA5750 said:

I still have yet to ride one! 

There so rare up north it's hard to find one!! I did ride a couple but that's when they were all up north. Looking at the 77th #7900s they seem to be aging well. They still look pretty new. Now how new are they mechanically. By me they assign buses I drive one with 40k no problems runs good. One day they had to update the registration. Got a bus with over 100k. It had a few problems but was running. The older model buses are basket cases. Always in the shop. One of my buddies was assigned an older bus. Hes been through 8 buses in a month!! 

3 hours ago, BusHunter said:

There so rare up north it's hard to find one!! I did ride a couple but that's when they were all up north. Looking at the 77th #7900s they seem to be aging well. They still look pretty new. Now how new are they mechanically. By me they assign buses I drive one with 40k no problems runs good. One day they had to update the registration. Got a bus with over 100k. It had a few problems but was running. The older model buses are basket cases. Always in the shop. One of my buddies was assigned an older bus. Hes been through 8 buses in a month!! 

I wonder what block of buses and bad luck your fellow comrade got stuck with that month. xD I can only imagine how frustrating that would be. 

• 3 weeks later...