7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

But don't forget, Archer isn't going to get any this time, like they did the 1000s and 1000s.

Only constant seems again to be that 74th gets the short end of the stick. I'm sure 77 will send its best wrecked 1000s to 74.

Oh shoot! I was absolutely certain that Archer was going to be on the list --- immediately following 77th!

You're sure right about 74th getting short-changed. As far as I know, it's received only two allotments of new buses during the 19 years of its existence: 1) About 100 Flxible Metro Es (6000s) the year after it opened, & 2) A small group of New Flyers in 2008 (1731-1760[?]). The rest of its fleet, past and present, has consisted of hand-me-downs.

Oh shoot! I was absolutely certain that Archer was going to be on the list --- immediately following 77th!

You're sure right about 74th getting short-changed. As far as I know, it's received only two allotments of new buses during the 19 years of its existence: 1) About 100 Flxible Metro Es (6000s) the year after it opened, & 2) A small group of New Flyers in 2008 (1731-1760[?]). The rest of its fleet, past and present, has consisted of hand-me-downs.

And with regard to those two, it was the last (although the 6000s was as it opened).

At least with FG, the argument can be made that it got new buses (2002 Novas, after it had swapped out its 5300s and few 4400s with Kedzie) before its time, but now is stuck with them.

and how about that it doesn't seem to even be in tripper service.

I assumed that 1 was always tripper service (rush hour only), unless there is some other definition.

Heck, there aren't any 7100 runs on the Garages page, unless it is in error that 1/2 and 87 are in the same run group.

I assumed that 1 was always tripper service (rush hour only), unless there is some other definition.

Heck, there aren't any 7100 runs on the Garages page, unless it is in error that 1/2 and 87 are in the same run group.

7103 involves 79th and number 1

The run numbers haven't been updated since the 37 went to Chicago and the 76 to FG. I wonder what routes that has the run number starting with 1 out of 77th.

The run numbers haven't been updated since the 37 went to Chicago and the 76 to FG. I wonder what routes that has the run number starting with 1 out of 77th.

There are many routes that share 7100+ there are: 1/87, 2/52A, 79/1, 3/1 OR 1/3, 1/8. Some don't even contain the number 1.

Of course they are, just as I expected!!! CTA as usual, neglects the northwest side riders!

Relax for a sec who knows where the 7900's will end up or how they'll be split amongst garages. I understand how you feel and all but at least wait and see what happens before you jump the gun as to where the 7900's are now. They were at Chicago 1st, now 77th they may go to FG then 74th who knows it seems like theyre still in testing.

• Upvote 2

And with regard to those two, it was the last (although the 6000s was as it opened).

At least with FG, the argument can be made that it got new buses (2002 Novas, after it had swapped out its 5300s and few 4400s with Kedzie) before its time, but now is stuck with them.

A swap out that I pointed out several times turned out to be for all of Kedzie's still relatively new 6000s that it had assigned at that time before it would get 6000s again from 77th during I think was summer of 2002 as hand me downs after a chunk of Kedzie's Americanas got either retired or sent up to North Park when CTA made the #82 wheelchair accessible. And as I pointed out, FG along with Chicago, Archer and 77th got chosen for the 6400 series Novas even though 74th, North Park, 103rd and Kedzie were the garages with Americanas along with the fact that the 5800s and 6000s could technically have knocked out most of the Flyer 1600s and 9800s. Thus that meant the 6400s really should have been more for retiring the Americanas than the D901s.

That was my point. Otherwise, it would have been first again (and since packed with Novas before its demise, might have received 240 of the 300).

Yeah, but 1 Mayor Daley is no longer Mayor Daley and 2 Rahm Emanuel is from Irving Park Road but for some reason he's not representing FG!! :P

Yeah, but 1 Mayor Daley is no longer Mayor Daley and 2 Rahm Emanuel is from Irving Park Road but for some reason he's not representing FG!! :P

Yeah funny how that works! He is a NW sider or so he says!!! Yet he does nothing for these residents! Not that I have interest in seeing his face, but I have never once seen him presence in this part of the city!!! Never!!!

Yeah funny how that works! He is a NW sider or so he says!!! Yet he does nothing for these residents! Not that I have interest in seeing his face, but I have never once seen him presence in this part of the city!!! Never!!!

I bet it would've been different if Daley was still mayor (at least I've met him in person when I was 16) but this is bad reputation on Emanuel's behalf.

I don't think 4228 N. Hermitage is the northwest side, unless the whole north side is the northwest side.

I bet it would've been different if Daley was still mayor (at least I've met him in person when I was 16) but this is bad reputation on Emanuel's behalf.

Ive lived on the far NW side for over 25 years, I never saw Daley not one single time in this part of town!

Ive lived on the far NW side for over 25 years, I never saw Daley not one single time in this part of town!

Until people on the NW side threaten to vote for Shaw, Dorothy Brown, Carole Mosely Braun, or Karen Lewis, you never will. Why do you think Emanuel said that he had 10 campaign stops at 95th and State?

BTW, isn't Edgebrook where all the cops live? They aren't going to vote against the system, and the Machine knows it.

Also, the far NW side is where people are least likely to use a bus (as reflected by turning a lot of it over to Pace*) and probably use Metra (Edgebrook, Edison Park, Norwood Park stations) to go downtown.

*To get it back to transit, I think that's the only time Emanuel acknowledged the existence of Pace.

I don't think 4228 N. Hermitage is the northwest side, unless the whole north side is the northwest side.

He probably has several properties, I would if I was making what he is. He's done about 2 or 3 streetscapes on Irving Pk with another one planned, so he takes care of that street. I actually met Mayor Daley on the nw side, he came to the Dunning branch CPL opening. He is surprisingly short when you meet him in person. I thought he was taller than that. A Lincoln Town car with it's own chauffeur is how he arrived and left.

As far as the #7900's, FG should get some or as Garmon said FG is really hell!! But the NF's are as good to me as the new #7900's, they are that good, so any upgrade is fine by me.

I'll tell you one thing... they sure are taking a long time to enter service, these 7900-Series Novas. I think the New Flyers entered service faster. Only 7900 and just now 7901 have entered service with 7904, 7907, 7910, 7920 and 7927 sitting at South Shops yet to enter service. I wonder what the hangup with them is....