7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

I found out today at Kedzie that 74th, Chicago ave will be getting the new Novas, FG is not in the plans!

Wow really?? That makes no sense. It would have made better sense to just let 77th have them all. (But maybe not if the buses are going to turn out badly maintained, this may be the reason why they don't keep buses too long) So what are we saying 100, 100, 100. And maybe Fg for the option?? 150 each sounds kind of weird because 77th, 74th and Chicago would have to maintain two separate fleets and Fg would have to totally change shifts with it's maintenance always working on Novas they are like Nova mechanics and now they are strictly going to be NF mechanics, same goes with the operators. I guess FG is the official bus museum, so to speak. But I like the NF's and newer Novas so it doesn't really matter where they go. We'll see on Fg getting #1900's. Sounds to me like Chicago would keep those but that would make them have all the newer #1000's and the #7900's. If i know CTA they'll give FG #1000 - #1259. :rolleyes:

I found out today at Kedzie that 74th, Chicago ave will be getting the new Novas, FG is not in the plans!

That might be out of the first 300. There still is the question when they are going to exercise the option for the other 150.

Also, weren't you the one that had the Kedzie garage gossip that 77 was going to get all 300?

As the 1000s demonstrated, there was somewhat of a plan for all 1050 buses, not just the first 285 or 430.

• Upvote 1

Then maybe we'll see some by Feb or March. May or June if they build 100. It will be interesting to see if they start off the #8000's somewhere else.

Might be that, but because there is supposed to be 450 buses, it might be like the 1000s, with the initial deliveries being 110 per garage. Just like I didn't believe that 77 would get all 300 Novas, I don't believe that FG will get all 150 of the option.

Might be that, but because there is supposed to be 450 buses, it might be like the 1000s, with the initial deliveries being 110 per garage. Just like I didn't believe that 77 would get all 300 Novas, I don't believe that FG will get all 150 of the option.

It depends if FG is even in the cards for any 7900's. I wonder when the 150 option will be exercised....

Also, if the CTA decided "We would like an additional 100-150 as well", can they just amend the current contract and pay Nova Bus for the additional units to be delivered consecutively with the current order, or would they have to draw up a new contract and go through the bidding process again?

It depends if FG is even in the cards for any 7900's. I wonder when the 150 option will be exercised....

Also, if the CTA decided "We would like an additional 100-150 as well", can they just amend the current contract and pay Nova Bus for the additional units to be delivered consecutively with the current order, or would they have to draw up a new contract and go through the bidding process again?

If you mean going from 8350 to 8499, they would have to rebid or go through the other federally approved methods, such as getting an assignment of options or piggybacking some other competitively bid contract. But with respect to 40 foot buses, CTA has not indicated any intention of going beyond the 450 in this contract.

The only thing analogous to this is that Pace said it had options for 222 2600s and actually got 223. However, that was ARRA money, and I'm sure Eldorado National wasn't going to make a stink over the price of one more bus. I don't know what arrangement Pace made for 2826-2829 (the 4 32 BRTs in Aurora).

That might be out of the first 300. There still is the question when they are going to exercise the option for the other 150.

Also, weren't you the one that had the Kedzie garage gossip that 77 was going to get all 300?

As the 1000s demonstrated, there was somewhat of a plan for all 1050 buses, not just the first 285 or 430.

Yup, Thats what I was told by a Kedzie boss. How credible is it??? Only he knows!

Wow really?? That makes no sense. It would have made better sense to just let 77th have them all. (But maybe not if the buses are going to turn out badly maintained, this may be the reason why they don't keep buses too long) So what are we saying 100, 100, 100. And maybe Fg for the option?? 150 each sounds kind of weird because 77th, 74th and Chicago would have to maintain two separate fleets and Fg would have to totally change shifts with it's maintenance always working on Novas they are like Nova mechanics and now they are strictly going to be NF mechanics, same goes with the operators. I guess FG is the official bus museum, so to speak. But I like the NF's and newer Novas so it doesn't really matter where they go. We'll see on Fg getting #1900's. Sounds to me like Chicago would keep those but that would make them have all the newer #1000's and the #7900's. If i know CTA they'll give FG #1000 - #1259. :rolleyes:

Well guess what??? 77th is getting is getting them most of them!!! FG is not in the option, if they are, they will get "hand me downs" as usual.

Yup, Thats what I was told by a Kedzie boss. How credible is it??? Only he knows!

Well guess what??? 77th is getting is getting them most of them!!! FG is not in the option, if they are, they will get "hand me downs" as usual.

Then why play his game? If nothing else, 77th can't handle 450 buses. Maybe the gossiper at Kedzie can't figure that out, or is teed that Kedzie isn't getting any.

• Upvote 1

Then why play his game? If nothing else, 77th can't handle 450 buses. Maybe the gossiper at Kedzie can't figure that out, or is teed that Kedzie isn't getting any.

Well considering Kedzie got 7500s, 1000s, 4000s, and 4300s brand new the last few times around, they shouldn't be in the cards to get new buses this time around in the current procurement. It and 103rd are tied at 2nd (with 77th being 1st) for number of times making it on the new bus list out of the last few model deliveries. It's the Nova garages' turn.

What Im told is that Chicago av. will be getting them next.