7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

What happens after 7998-8000 are delivered? Has CTA ordered anymore buses or are expecting orders to be fulfilled?

Update: Found out that 8001-8199 still have to be delivered

We wait. #7999 is the cut off of the first of three options (sets of orders). It's a timely process to be fulfilled after other transit agencies have their share of the new generation Novas and payments are assessed in a timely manner. Expect a few months (or more) for the second round of them to infiltrate the streets of Chicago.

Damn then all 100 are here!! I'm wondering though what happened to #7951 and #7953. They should have been in service by now. Hopefully they don't have a problem with them.

According to #7949, #7968, #7992, and #7998 are the only ones parked out there, #7951 and #7953 should be in service.

According to #7949, #7968, #7992, and #7998 are the only ones parked out there, #7951 and #7953 should be in service.

Unless they are ghost buses, I haven't seen them. Hopefully they didn't go away on a flatbed with #1077. I haven't seen that bus since, but then I haven't seen #1730 in a couple weeks either.

In the past 2 weeks, on my way home from work, around 11:00 am, I have seen 2 new Novas on the EB Kennedy between Harlem and Nagle. The first one I believe was in the 794? range. Today I did not get the number. What gives ? Anybody ?

Certainly not in an area (1) served by 77th nor (2) on the way from upstate New York to 77th. Only inference I have is counter the one being fed to 5750.

10690239_10155072105880632_5578427712672

8010. Photo by David Soucia

Before I go jumping the gun again, is this 77th/South Shops, or Plattsburgh(I'm guessing Plattsburgh as nobody reported seeing an 8000-block in Chicago yet)

If the latter is true, than they got a bunch of the 8000-block built and awaiting final inspection before heading to Chicago. I count 9 CTA units in this photo.

Before I go jumping the gun again, is this 77th/South Shops, or Plattsburgh(I'm guessing Plattsburgh as nobody reported seeing an 8000-block in Chicago yet)

If the latter is true, than they got a bunch of the 8000-block built and awaiting final inspection before heading to Chicago. I count 9 CTA units in this photo.

Definitely not 77th I can assure you lool!!

Well the way the fleet is set up, with 119 novas at 74th and 80 at Chicago. It looks like a high probability that #8000's will start at Chicago, as they can send over 20 #1000's to 74th. but 5750 did say 77th would get the most. So if that pans out it's probably another 50 to 77th. It all depends on whether 100 or 150 goes to fg. If fg gets nothing then they could almost equip 77th with all novas and do Chicago and 74th. Though I doubt that will happen this is 77th we're talking about!! Lol!!

One has to wonder if the 8000-block will begin going to 77th as well, or will they go to garage TBD once 8000+ rolls in.

Highest Probability(if 8000+ goes to another garage):

• Kedzie
  • 74th
  • Chicago
  • 103rd

Lowest Probability:

• Forest Glen
  • North Park

Kedzie, 103rd, and NP have about 0.02% probability.

• Upvote 1

Will CTA actually consider FG as a possible choice for 8000+? It seems to have the highest priority and 74th and 103rd don't seem to be in need of buses. I would like to see more of the Nova's downtown (though I have never really liked Nova), which would then mean Chicago and Kedzie would need 8000+ since they send the most buses downtown and 74th and FG get least priority (They both send only 1 bus downtown, 62 and 56 respectively and they (Archer and Milwaukee) are diagonal streets)

Well #8000 and #8004 has made there way to 77th.

Wow already!! I thought they wouldn't get any over here until Feb at least. Although they probably won't hit the streets until then. Now we might actually see #7999 hit the streets cause south shops has something newer to hang on to. I don't know if they built 50 or 100 this time but if they did 100 they should be here then for the summer for sure. I think it took them 5-6 months to deliver the first 100.