7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

Even if Plattsburgh isn't directly in this storms' path, the route to get to Chicago no doubt is for both manufacturers.

Not necessarily, especially if the noon reports are correct that most of it is going to be centered in Boston. Accuweather indicates 3 to 6 inches in the relevant area (Plattsburgh and southwest). Not like 7 feet in Buffalo a couple of months ago.

Not necessarily, especially if the noon reports are correct that most of it is going to be centered in Boston. Accuweather indicates 3 to 6 inches in the relevant area (Plattsburgh and southwest). Not like 7 feet in Buffalo a couple of months ago.

The Mayor of NYC(Bill de Blasio) has ordered the streets closed to everything but emergency vehicles starting at 11p tonight. No doubt major highways will be closed by Governors of Massachusetts, New York State and Pennsylvania in the affected areas. You appear correct that Boston is due to get the brunt(2-3'), but New York is slated to get 1.5-2' and Philadelphia 1'+.

So, the route probably traveled by Nova and Bombardier is probably closed or soon-to-be.

The Mayor of NYC(Bill de Blasio) has ordered the streets closed to everything but emergency vehicles starting at 11p tonight. ..

The route is nowhere near New York City. You are projecting the equivalent of driving from here to St. Louis via Memphis.

Either they take Ont. 401 through Toronto and Detroit, or I-81 and I-90 through Buffalo. In any event, closest to the storm is Albany.

Plattsburgh is across Lake Champlain from Burlington Vt. (on the Accuweather map)

Looks like the only way, according to Google Maps generically doing Plattsburgh, NY to Chicago, IL is through Canada. There is a U.S route that would skirt SW NY, NW Pennsylvania and the upper part of Ohio, but it's grayed out, so perhaps not usable right now???

Grayed out means that you didn't choose it in the left menu:

post-14-0-80964100-1422308657_thumb.jpg

Red arrow: I chose I-90

Blue arrow: you chose Ont. 401.

The Mayor of NYC(Bill de Blasio) has ordered the streets closed to everything but emergency vehicles starting at 11p tonight. No doubt major highways will be closed by Governors of Massachusetts, New York State and Pennsylvania in the affected areas. You appear correct that Boston is due to get the brunt(2-3'), but New York is slated to get 1.5-2' and Philadelphia 1'+.

So, the route probably traveled by Nova and Bombardier is probably closed or soon-to-be.

On a side note, what's interesting is that all service for NJ Transit, MTA in New York City, MBTA in Boston to name a few will be completely shut down starting later on tonight in part because of local road restrictions imposed by the governors of those states those transit agencies are located while SEPTA is more of a mixed bag, saying they plan to keep subways open all night yet cancel all owl service on the buses and run regional rail on a Saturday schedule on Tuesday.

Add #7950 to that list. That'll make it 100! :P

It's already on the list Garmon. :P But while I was checking I put #7953's in service date. With a little luck maybe I can get a picture. I'm going to have watch out for #8000 and #8002 cause they can go into service if they are on the roster, which reminds me looks like 74th needs some updating.

It's already on the list Garmon. :P But while I was checking I put #7953's in service date. With a little luck maybe I can get a picture. I'm going to have watch out for #8000 and #8002 cause they can go into service if they are on the roster, which reminds me looks like 74th needs some updating.

I'll be cool if they go past my house! :lol: :p

looks like those low #6400's are toast now but it's kind of goofy after 50 buses what do they do ship #6800's back to FG.

I'm assuming they sent them to 74th to have them consistently up to date via South Shop. I must say that Forest Glen did a tremendous job managing them. However, I was #6826 on #67 heading home and the damn transmission was making a loud whizzing sound like a party favor toy! I'm sitting here like wtf?!?!?! :lol:

Breaking news: #8000 is on #94, #8002 is on #63W, and #8006 is on #55A!!!

Well at least if 74th continues with running the 94 with almost all Novas on weekdays, it'll get to a point in coming weeks that the Novas are in relatively better condition than that route has been seeing. :lol:

• Upvote 1

One has to wonder how the 7900 delivery order will be set now with the 6800 for 6600 shuffle between FG and 74th, and 8000's being apparently assigned to 74th.

7900-7999: 77th

8000-8099*: 74th

8100-8199: TBD

*=Presuming all 100 are assigned to 74th....

On another note.... with 8000's starting to arrive and be assigned to 74th, perhaps I'll finally be able to ride one soon on #9.