7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

Breaking news: #8000 is on #94, #8002 is on #63W, and #8006 is on #55A!!!

must all be ghost buses cause there not on busfinder. It is on bustracker though #8000 on the #94.

Based on what I assumed about interlining, I figured 59, and one was there:

post-14-0-42927300-1422411769_thumb.jpg

It's already on the list Garmon. :P But while I was checking I put #7953's in service date. With a little luck maybe I can get a picture. I'm going to have watch out for #8000 and #8002 cause they can go into service if they are on the roster, which reminds me looks like 74th needs some updating.

Here we are, #7953.

post-304-0-30032700-1422421372_thumb.png

• Upvote 1

HALLELUJAH! Finally another garage besides 77th gets them.

what!!??? That's great lol good job 74th and congrats lol. I wonder how this will affect the rest of the current bus fleet and garages now. We shall see

Well at least if 74th continues with running the 94 with almost all Novas on weekdays, it'll get to a point in coming weeks that the Novas are in relatively better condition than that route has been seeing. :lol:

I'm not going to sugarcoat about it, I seriously thought 74th wasn't going to get them anytime soon because of all these unprecedented moves during the last 2 months. I feel asleep after I posted the breaking news and I'm just now waking up! :lol:

I'm not going to sugarcoat about it, I seriously thought 74th wasn't going to get them anytime soon because of all these unprecedented moves during the last 2 months. I feel asleep after I posted the breaking news and I'm just now waking up! :lol:

74th is getting its new equipment then Chicago Ave.

Quick question here, We all know that cta have a 2nd option for the additional 150 of novas once the original 300 are all here. But what I wanna know is if it's possible cta could order more as well? Or do they have to sign another contract or something like that? Lol I hope you guys get what I'm trying to ask, I never understood the process. Also with the current retirement of the 6400's do you guys think cta should be thinking about that as well you know just so the fleet in general won't be short of buses?

Quick question here, We all know that cta have a 2nd option for the additional 150 of novas once the original 300 are all here. But what I wanna know is if it's possible cta could order more as well? Or do they have to sign another contract or something like that? Lol I hope you guys get what I'm trying to ask, I never understood the process. Also with the current retirement of the 6400's do you guys think cta should be thinking about that as well you know just so the fleet in general won't be short of buses?

The way the solicitation is set up, it was up to 450 40 foot buses, so that would be the max under that contract award.

There is still the unawarded portion of that solicitation for 50-150 articulated buses, if CTA wanted to act on that, but so far it has not. I don't know if there is a point where the bids become stale.

Let's not forget that the 4300s were said to be part of replacing the Novas and Optimas, so theoretically the fleet count is up, although we subsequently had the 900s scrapped.

If CTA wanted more 40 foot buses in the 5 year timeline for the 7900s, it probably would have to purchase assignable options (as it did for the artics*) to avoid the cost of rebidding. However, I personally don't see CTA getting more buses, unless something like the Fisk garage opens to store them.

*For instance, King County Metro had options left for DE60LFs which it wasn't using, apparently because they wanted LFRs, so they assigned 150 options to CTA, meaning that CTA knew it was getting 150 buses for $800,000 each, instead of Huberman having to go out to bid for the 150 buses and revealing that the NABIs were going to be pulled on an emergency basis.

The way the solicitation is set up, it was up to 450 40 foot buses, so that would be the max under that contract award.

There is still the unawarded portion of that solicitation for 50-150 articulated buses, if CTA wanted to act on that, but so far it has not. I don't know if there is a point where the bids become stale.

Let's not forget that the 4300s were said to be part of replacing the Novas and Optimas, so theoretically the fleet count is up, although we subsequently had the 900s scrapped.

If CTA wanted more 40 foot buses in the 5 year timeline for the 7900s, it probably would have to purchase assignable options (as it did for the artics*) to avoid the cost of rebidding. However, I personally don't see CTA getting more buses, unless something like the Fisk garage opens to store them.

*For instance, King County Metro had options left for DE60LFs which it wasn't using, apparently because they wanted LFRs, so they assigned 150 options to CTA, meaning that CTA knew it was getting 150 buses for $800,000 each, instead of Huberman having to go out to bid for the 150 buses and revealing that the NABIs were going to be pulled on an emergency basis.

Oh ok I see, Thanks again Busjack! You're awesome lol.

They sure do! All two of them... :blink:

Got to ride #1201 yesterday, no F sticker!! I swear that commute was twice as fast. On it's last run last night it's leader with a #6500 was having problems with the bus dying out. Next thing I know #1201 comes sailing by. I was like hey come back here and get me off this junk nova bus!!

• Upvote 2

So all this bus hunting you're doing in your off time away from work besides what BusHunter himself does has you exhausted I take it. :lol:

And since CTA did say it plans to exercise the option for the up to extra 150 presumably next year since their fiscal 2015 budget doesn't have it explicitly earmarked, I wouldn't count FG completely out. It does suck though that there is the possibility they'd have to wait at least that long to see brand new buses because of the fact FG's roster is all 6400 series.

Funny that 77h, and now 74th, put their newest Novas on what I would call "non hood" routes. I expect that the Midway area routes along with Western and Archer will see a lot of action with the newbies before routes like 75m 67, 63, 59, 55, and 47 seem them.

One would assume that the drivers at 74th would have to get training before they go whole hog. Try them out on some light routes first. 77th proves that when enough arrive, some go into the hood. Also, as I noted last night, the ones west of Midway are interlined with 59, which is lighter but still goes through Englewood.

Well this is what I got

#8006: post-304-0-86363200-1422505229_thumb.png post-304-0-17344900-1422505276_thumb.png

#8000: post-304-0-64166500-1422505299_thumb.png post-304-0-92583500-1422505308_thumb.png

post-304-0-65948900-1422505320_thumb.png post-304-0-52142600-1422505329_thumb.png

I had a nice long ride on #8000 on the #62 and that bus was spitting too. You know what I noticed about that. The bus was stuck at Leavitt/Archer trying to make that left turn and was stuck for 3 light cycles. As the brakes stayed depressed this sound got louder and louder it was kind of quiet and moved up to #7930 levels that sounds like the banging of an aluminum garbage can. Seems to be the pressure rises as it brakes. I don't know if that's normal or not.

But wow the #6800's looked really good at 74th today, nice and clean. I didn't see any unrehabbed #1000's either. The fleet looks alot more modern than what they used to have. They have definitely made a change there for the better.

• Upvote 2

Maybe, but lets not forget whoever told you at Kedze that all 300 were going to 77.

Whether that opinion was true or false, regardless, FG will not be getting any of this new equipment. Now Im seeing beat up 6600s from 74th up this way!!! WTF??? More and more "hand me downs" is all we see here! And the sad trend continues!!!

Whether that opinion was true or false, regardless, FG will not be getting any of this new equipment. Now Im seeing beat up 6600s from 74th up this way!!! WTF??? Nothing but "hand me downs" is all we see here! And the sad trend continues!!!

Whether that opinion is true or false, regardless, FG will not be getting any of this new equipment. Now Im seeing beat up 6600s from 74th here on the NW side. WTF??? Nothing but "hand me downs" is all we see here! WTF is with CTA??? And the sad trend continues!!!

Whether that opinion was true or false, regardless, FG will not be getting any of this new equipment. Now Im seeing beat up 6600s from 74th up this way!!! WTF??? More and more "hand me downs" is all we see here! And the sad trend continues!!!

I guess you didn't see #6408 and #6410 today on the #77. Yeah this FG is state of the art!!

Well this is what I got

#8006: attachicon.gifcta 8006 47th california.PNG attachicon.gifcta 8006 rear 94.PNG

#8000: attachicon.gifcta 8000 jackson dearborn.PNG attachicon.gifcta 8000 jackson dearborn alt angle.PNG

attachicon.gifcta 8000 washington state.PNG attachicon.gifcta 8000 wash state.PNG

I had a nice long ride on #8000 on the #62 and that bus was spitting too. You know what I noticed about that. The bus was stuck at Leavitt/Archer trying to make that left turn and was stuck for 3 light cycles. As the brakes stayed depressed this sound got louder and louder it was kind of quiet and moved up to #7930 levels that sounds like the banging of an aluminum garbage can. Seems to be the pressure rises as it brakes. I don't know if that's normal or not.

But wow the #6800's looked really good at 74th today, nice and clean. I didn't see any unrehabbed #1000's either. The fleet looks alot more modern than what they used to have. They have definitely made a change there for the better.

Great shots Bus Hunter! Hey did you happen to notice if any of those 74th assigned 8000's had a 6 sticker on the inside of them yet?

Great shots Bus Hunter! Hey did you happen to notice if any of those 74th assigned 8000's had a 6 sticker on the inside of them yet?

I don't think they did, but I'll be back out there that's for sure. Maybe I can get some clearer shots for you guys soon with this new camera I'm buying but I have to order it online probably tomorrow or friday. It might take me a week or two to transition but I'll still use my camera phone until then.

• Upvote 3