7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

Yup! I saw #6408! Along with some more 74ths 6600s! Very dissappointing!!!

Yeah the morale of the operators is probably waning. All they get is old junk. I was thinking yesterday why take the bus when it's old, dirty. If I'm thinking this I'm sure other NW siders are. But they getting an assortment of #1000's now, probably loans but it could lead into a permanent assignment. 74th is alot more refreshing with it's new buses and #6800's and clean, rehabbed #1000 buses. I could hardly take a picture of #8006, that operator was really driving fast. Probably excited to have a new bus. Up here at FG, the operator of #1201 was acting the same way, but #1000's up here are the new bus. Something alot of people just don't understand.

The impression I got was that they are more interested in getting their $31.00/hour.

The job is harder though when they have to fight the equipment. Schedules on the #56, #77 and #81 would probably be more on time with less bus bunching with some more responsive buses. I notice alot of operators use the #6700's, there were hardly any #6600's out on the weekend. They might be getting some #1000's to take the stress off the old Novas. They can't expect them to run forever.

Well in a year and a half, FG should look even better than 74th does now. Contrary to what others have said, I believe they will get the #7900's but last.

Well in a year and a half, FG should look even better than 74th does now. Contrary to what others have said, I believe they will get the #7900's but last.

I figure the same. However, I previously figured that the allotment would be about the same as the 6400s in 2001-2002, or about 110-115 per garage. Starting 74th at 8000 puts a wrench into that theory. Don't know if that means we can predict the entire 150 of the option at FG.

With all the moves in the past week, it is hard to predict any pattern. There really can't be that many 6400s to shuffle around, but I can't figure out 74th again running a big load 6400s in the a.m,, even if they are in the 6800 range.

On BusTracker and BusFinder. Bus Finder also has 8006 on 55A.

It looks like only these 2 get out and only in the afternoon.

I'm still having trouble with Busfinder. Sometimes it sees it and sometimes it don't, but I didn't see #8006 on busfinder at all even though it was there.

Quick question what garage did 1746 come from before it came to mine, and when the heck did this happen?? Lol after I pulled a bus in last night from doing the 6, I was walking past the other parked buses and did a double take when I saw 1746 and it has a 03 sticker inside too.

What was the original event that led to FG getting all #6400 series? Because of that, what was the justification of sending them to 77th first?

The original breakdown (2001-2002) was (in order) 77, A, C, FG.***

Apparently, some time during their lifetime, there were swaps between 77 and FG, presumably to even out mileage.

Also, in 2002, FG was about half 6000s and half 6400s.

The 6000s were gone (pretty much) when Archer closed. FG got a mess of Archer 6400s, as well as some NFs, presumably from Kedzie.

Then, for some reason, 77 dumped all its Novas. Andre said that the garage supervisor wanted them all out because they were slow. That's about the time FG lost its NFs. Also, about that time, the Optimas that were at FG were taken out of service.

The justification for sending the new ones to 77 has been debated, since nobody knows what's inside the head of the Executive VP of Bus Operations these days. It is a combination of 77 always* getting the new buses because politicians squawked, and a presumed brain phart that 77** had the oldest Novas, except they got rid of them. Maybe being adjacent to South Shops in case there were problems breaking them in also may be a factor.

*Except when Archer got new buses first, but that's not possible now.

**I noted a similar situation in that when the 6400s were delivered, the pattern was that garages would have 5300s and 6400s, but FG got them, even though FG had just unloaded its 5300s to K because they didn't have preheaters. At that time, there were reasons that only certain buses were put in garages that had outdoor storage,but those reasons (such as preheaters) don't seem to be a distinction now.

***Update: There was a time when C and A had a swap and A became all Nova, apparently as part of Huberman's attempt at standardizing parts inventories.

I'm still having trouble with Busfinder. Sometimes it sees it and sometimes it don't, but I didn't see #8006 on busfinder at all even though it was there.

Byron can confirm this, but I figure that since Busfinder has to use the CTA APIs, whatever data CTA has is going to show up in Busfinder.

Anyway, a few more out this afternoon:

post-14-0-01403200-1422654465_thumb.jpg post-14-0-60491400-1422654429_thumb.jpg

post-14-0-92828800-1422654493_thumb.jpg post-14-0-32724200-1422654527_thumb.jpg

Either you are too late or they are both ghosts. All BusFinder shows is 8003 on 47; BusTracker isn't showing them on 9.

Well not today, but if they are on #9 now on occasion, then the odds are small that I'll get one until the number grows more and more. But however small the odds(only about 5 buses, probably about 2-3% probability), there is still a chance that I'll get one to ride to or from work.

#8004 is on the 9

#8005 is his leader. It looks like an afternoon on Ashland for me.

Just my luck that both buses were seen to be on Ashland AFTER I already finished my commute for the day on that route. Well maybe I'll ride one tomorrow or some time later in the week. :lol: