7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

I got a chance to ride 7965 yesterday on the 79, it was lthe longest I been on one so far so I really got a good look at them. I don't like the seats that much I mean the design is cool I just don't like how low they are. But besides that they are great buses. I honestly believe after 74th get their share of 7900's (8000's) FG will be next in line, I only say that cause dose Chicago really need any 7900's?? Considering they only have 80 Novas to begin with, sure that would be a quick fill up with them only needing 80 vs the 100 at the other garages but still they don't need them as much as FG.

The Mayor of NYC(Bill de Blasio) has ordered the streets closed to everything but emergency vehicles starting at 11p tonight. No doubt major highways will be closed by Governors of Massachusetts, New York State and Pennsylvania in the affected areas. You appear correct that Boston is due to get the brunt(2-3'), but New York is slated to get 1.5-2' and Philadelphia 1'+.

So, the route probably traveled by Nova and Bombardier is probably closed or soon-to-be.

I don't get it... every other major city basically shuts down when forecast is for 12 inches of snow. We get full fledged blizzard warnings and CTA keeps plugging along just like nothing is happening (albeit at a very slow pace). What makes us that much more hardy than everyone else?

Well I'm impressed with busfinder today. It found #8007 on the #9, a new bus today and #8003 on the #62. Looks like they are getting all over the city today. Whoa!! #8008 on the #63!! #8001 on the #55N all making their debut today.

I've missed #8000 a couple of days ago when it was on #67.

My kids mother made this shot look so f'ing cool but we wasn't looking for a charter bus! :lol::P

Was this on Halsted, by the way, or was that just a fluke with the run number box? :lol::P

Well I'm impressed with busfinder today. It found #8007 on the #9, a new bus today and #8003 on the #62. Looks like they are getting all over the city today. Whoa!! #8008 on the #63!! #8001 on the #55N all making their debut today.

Dang it. It sucks that when I came out of my appointment earlier today, the bunching on Ashland became bad enough for about five buses to be about a half hour away from my stop making it too long of a wait because of how cold it was to try my luck at a possibility of getting a ride on one. As it is there yet isn't one out on Ashland at the times I ride the route. I ended up getting a 157 into downtown and riding a 147 the rest of the way home. Maybe I'll get a shot at it tomorrow. :lol:

8008, yes but you'll be surprised what I got up inside of my sleeves! :P

That no fair you cheated. Those pictures are better than mine but I think you'll like #8007 as it's the better of my shots.My cameraphone just doesn't like all these lights, but I got my camera today so maybe I can get out of 1910 technology. So look out Bushunter might have a brand new bag.
  • Upvote 2

Absolutely! The funny post about it is the "8" in the run number box! :lol:

That's what made me ask. I kind of already recognized it as being Halsted. But your joke about the Charter Bus sign made me look at the run box for some reason and I cracked up when I saw the 8 there.

#8007's out on the #9 again.

Now that's interesting. I saw it on the #9 this morning going south as a pull in. I figured they would have had it running on a different route if and when it was brought back out today. The fact that it wasn't too dirty during this morning's snow dusting suggested to me the operator didn't have it out on that many trips.

That no fair you cheated. Those pictures are better than mine but I think you'll like #8007 as it's the better of my shots.My cameraphone just doesn't like all these lights, but I got my camera today so maybe I can get out of 1910 technology. So look out Bushunter might have a brand new bag.

More shots, less talking!!! :lol: :p

More shots, less talking!!! :lol::P

So I hate to ask what you have up your sleeve? I was thinking maybe you took a picture of me on the bus. Yes I was on that bus but when I went to take the shot the guy drove off. I hit it again SB on state but they got so many lights over there my camera was drowned in light. I'll upload what i have in a few minutes.