7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

So far the 2 garages with the 7900s had 6400s.  Based on that trend,  only Chicago and Forest Glen qualiFYI for new Novas.  I stick by FG getting them next,  though I submit that Chicago Avenue is a real possibility.   Even though C only has 45 6400s, CTA hasn't been shy about unnecessary bus swapping.   Perhaps the most feasible thing would be to send C 8100 - 8144 and the rest to FG.

Chicago Ave Im sure will get the rest of them, shipping their remaining Novas to FG!  If FG were getting them we would have seen one or two being sent there for training and operation. We have not seen a 7900 at this garage at all!  CTA management has FG at the bottom of its priority list for some politically connected reason!

Chicago Ave Im sure will get the rest of them, shipping their remaining Novas to FG!  If FG were getting them we would have seen one or two being sent there for training and operation. We have not seen a 7900 at this garage at all!  CTA management has FG at the bottom of its priority list for some politically connected reason!

In any event, to the extent that the Bus Garage Rosters are correct (says updated 7/8/15), there are only 45 Novas at Chicago. If 100 new ones come in in the next 2 months, that still means that 55 NFs have to go somewhere. Also, you have not asserted that training buses have been seen around Chicago, either, so all you have is a negative. But, on the other hand, if the option is exercised (still no official word that it has), I don't think that one can also assume that FG would receive all of 8100-8349 and have nothing else.

And all this old crappy equipment hurts service at FG. It's not unusual to see buses just being dropped off the tracker, probably cause they died. Happened yesterday on #90. That route was a mess with half hour gaps. When they dropped the bus #6470, it's leader came out 8 minutes early, not even on the tracker, probably a jump bus, with still 30 minute gaps and then that screwed over the next bus which met us NB at Grace, I was going south. So they probably had back to back 30-40 minute gaps. They had one driver go light to North Ave earlier. He was in a pack of three SB. About an hours worth of buses. That was about an hour or two earlier. His bus seemed to screw up at the HIP. He was there for a good 15 minutes.

In any event, to the extent that the Bus Garage Rosters are correct (says updated 7/8/15), there are only 45 Novas at Chicago. If 100 new ones come in in the next 2 months, that still means that 55 NFs have to go somewhere. Also, you have not asserted that training buses have been seen around Chicago, either, so all you have is a negative. But, on the other hand, if the option is exercised (still no official word that it has), I don't think that one can also assume that FG would receive all of 8100-8349 and have nothing else.

Well according to Andre, they just built 77 buses in the #8100's block. But even so the new #1000 rehabs should replace those 45 buses. Chicago alone has received a good 7 buses since the pick and they have about 9 more to receive, then you have to figure the offset of other garages receiving buses. Maybe if Fg is lucky they will have 77 #1000's for fall pick. That's almost enough buses for total #1000's weekend service and off peak weekday service. That's what they should have done all along. 

The 150 bus option is a real question, this state budget is not happening so far and it's setting the stage for a bus cut, so Fg might lose buses by cut. I don't know if they would cut the option but I'd just take it anyway.

Edited by BusHunter

The 150 bus option is a real question, this state budget is not happening so far and it's setting the stage for a bus cut, so Fg might lose buses by cut. I don't know if they would cut the option but I'd just take it anyway.

As discussed earlier, that doesn't have much to do with CTA (other than half fare reimbursement) and the real question is what source of capital funding they had contemplated when they said in the budget that they would exercise the option. Also, as you pointed out, those under 6709 (base and first option) should be gone in the conceivable future, so there would only be about 170 of the old Novas left (considering wrecks and the like), compared to 290 according to the Garage Rosters page. So, again, about 120 must be on the way out fairly soon.

This isnt a rant but, For one, how could I not be negative with all I have seen CTA doing with all this new equipment that's come and we haven't seen any of it in our area of the city!  Im still riding on the very same rail cars that I rode to OHare Airport when it opened way back in 1984!  Over thirty years ago!!! Im riding the same buses I drove when they were brand new over ten years ago!  Over 1300 New Flyer buses, 300 Novas!!! 700 new rapid transit cars and none of it is seen at Jeff Park or Forest Glen or Rosemont or OHare Airport!  One day come visit these areas such as Jefferson Park, Forest Glen Garage or Rosemont yard!  Just look at the bus and rail fleet on this side of town compared to other areas of the city!  Time has stood still here!  So I am justified in my argument!  Even some of the bus operators at FG I stay in touch with are upset and cant believe whats going on here!  If the bus option goes ahead and FG finaly gets some new buses or the Blue line gets new rail cars which wont occur for another six to seven years!!!  Then Ill get excited! But until then, I cant feel any joy right now as far as my CTA service and image is on the far NW side!   

Edited by Guest

This isnt a rant but, For one, how could I not be negative with all I have seen CTA doing with all this new equipment that's come and we haven't seen any of it in our area of the city!  Im still riding on the very same rail cars that I rode to OHare Airport when it opened way back in 1984!  Over thirty years ago!!! Im riding the same buses I drove when they were brand new over ten years ago!  Over 1300 New Flyer buses, 300 Novas!!! 700 new rapid transit cars and none of it is seen at Jeff Park or Forest Glen or Rosemont or OHare Airport!  One day come visit these areas such as Jefferson Park, Forest Glen Garage or Rosemont yard!  Just look at the bus and rail fleet on this side of town compared to other areas of the city!  Time has stood still here!  So I am justified in my argument!  Even some of the bus operators at FG I stay in touch with are upset and cant believe whats going on here!  If the bus option goes ahead and FG finaly gets some new buses or the Blue line gets new rail cars which wont occur for another six to seven years!!!  Then Ill get excited! But until then, I cant feel any joy right now as far as my CTA service and image is on the far NW side!   

In fairness, the Blue Line arguably has the better end of the stick. It'll take a lot of technology to rid myself of the discomfort and general unpleasantness of having to be squished into and look across the aisle at other people. I'd rather have the foward facing seats and 60% chance of working AC vs. the technology inside the 5000's (which is lacking) and the horrendous bench seating. It's gotten to the point that when I'm in staying in Chicago, I'd rather take the 3 or 4 to the Green Line where I have a better chance of getting the forward facing seats than taking the 75 or 79 to the Red Line for a faster ride. Take the new 7000's from WMATA. All the advances of the NYC trains on the E line, none of the seating.

Edited by NewFlyerMCI
Grammer
  • Upvote 2

Yeah, i hear you. CTA just doesn't seem to care about this part of town. How else can we explain all these dead buses and cuts in service due to faulty equipment. Come on!! Fg has to wait until there are no more #6400's to get to the next generation of buses. (which is 9 years old, I remind everyone). Pathetic, but what can you do.about it? You can only choose not to use the service. If this wasn't my interest, I probably would be miles away from public transportation. People have to ask themselves if they want smelly, old, unreliable service or something 10 times better with transportation of there own. The only pluses I see is you can save alot of money riding public transportation, but man do they put you through the grinder to do it.  

.... It's gotten to the point that when I'm in staying in Chicago, I'd rather take the 3 or 4 to the Green Line where I have a better chance of getting the forward facing seats than taking the 75 or 79 to the Red Line for a faster ride. Take the new 7000's from WMATA. All the advances of the NYC trains on the E line, none of the seating.

Apparently you didn't get the word that the Green Line was completely converted to 5000s before the Red Line got any. In that event, you ought to stay on the bus.

Apparently you didn't get the word that the Green Line was completely converted to 5000s before the Red Line got any. In that event, you ought to stay on the bus.

Yes, I know. I was making the point that if I go to the Green Line, I have a better chance at getting the few foward facing seats, especially if I go to Cottage, since barely anyone is on the train. It's quite easy for the Red Line to get packed by 79th, so at that point, I worry about whether or not there is even an available seat.

Alright it's Garmon time!!

I figured they might be up to #8112 given 5750's sighting in toledo. They seem to be delivering in order. So maybe we will see something hit the street tbis week or they'll have 20 by next weekend.

It's up to #8113. I'm surprised #8133 (or was it #8138?) didn't pop up knowing that it was at some kind of bus event or convention earlier this year.

It's up to #8113. I'm surprised #8133 (or was it #8138?) didn't pop up knowing that it was at some kind of bus event or convention earlier this year.

Yeah I know. Did you see #8100, #8102-03 on that side of the property or was it gone? I'm trying to figure out if it's been accepted and retrofitted with fareboxes etc. If it's going out this week it might have already transferred to it's home garage. Or it could be done later in the week if it's still there.

Didn't know one was at a convention, but Pace always seems to get a bus in a show, the recent CNG Axess bus was at the APTA convention in Houston last Oct. and I believe the original Axess was in a show. i even think the Eldorkos were in Indianapolis at a show.

Novabus seems to be promoting it's All Electric bus as is everyone else. The BYD 60 footer is at shows, the electric Xcelsior, even Designline had a bus at a show. I guess it's like the auto show whatever they want to promote is there. I was kind of confused with a shot I saw. BC transit runs an Alexander Dennis double decker bus? One was in a show in it's livery.

Edited by BusHunter

Yeah I know. Did you see #8100, #8102-03 on that side of the property or was it gone? I'm trying to figure out if it's been accepted and retrofitted with fareboxes etc. If it's going out this week it might have already transferred to it's home garage. Or it could be done later in the week if it's still there.

Didn't know one was at a convention, but Pace always seems to get a bus in a show, the recent CNG Axess bus was at the APTA convention in Houston last Oct. and I believe the original Axess was in a show. i even think the Eldorkos were in Indianapolis at a show.

#8100 #8102 and #8103 are gone from the shop. I'm trying to figure out where #8133 or #8138 was at earlier this year because it was mentioned in this forum.

#8100 #8102 and #8103 are gone from the shop. I'm trying to figure out where #8133 or #8138 was at earlier this year because it was mentioned in this forum.

Interesting. I'm surprised Andre doesn't report a roster update, but maybe he don't have one or is getting one. There might have been a few swaps today, you mentioned #1084 on the #53. I'd be looking for #1082 at Chicago as it doesn't seem logical to have the one #1000 at Kedzie anymore.

As far as your #8138 curiosity, #8139 is pictured on Novabus' facebook from the visit from the NY Senator. Maybe that's what your thinking of.

Edited by BusHunter
  • Upvote 1

Interesting. I'm surprised Andre doesn't report a roster update, but maybe he don't have one or is getting one. There might have been a few swaps today, you mentioned #1084 on the #53. I'd be looking for #1082 at Chicago as it doesn't seem logical to have the one #1000 at Kedzie anymore.

As far as your #8138 curiosity, #8139 is pictured on Novabus' facebook from the visit from the NY Senator. Maybe that's what your thinking of.

The mention was of the NY Senator in 8139 (Facebook album to which Nova Flash linked.).

AH! Ditto! Thanks!

This is going to be the latest delivery info from the #8100's to #8200's. Due to slow load times I'm dividing the rest of these up per garage. i will add both links to the roster explaining which is which and will be adding pictures myself when they hit the street as well as adding info such as dates etc. So let's get started!!

(last updated 5/16/16 @ 1:06 AM)

#8100: arrived at South Shops over the weekend of 7/11/15 and 7/12/15; first ran in service morning of 7/27/15 on the #74

cta 8100.jpg*

cta 8100 rear on 74.PNG

cta 8100 side on 74.PNG

cta 8100 front on 70.PNG

2nd and 3rd pics shot 7/27/15, first day of service. Last pic shot 8/2/15, 2nd or 3rd day in service

#8101: arrived at South Shops over the weekend of 7/18/15 and 7/19/15; first ran in service morning of 7/24/15 on the #120

cta 8101 front on 54b.PNG

cta 8101 rear quarter on 54b.PNG

pics shot 7/29/15; 3rd or 4th day in service

#8102: arrived at South Shops over the weekend of 7/11/15 and 7/12/15; first ran in service morning of 7/24/15 on the #70

cta 8102.jpg*

cta 8102 front on 70.PNG

cta 8102 rear on 70.PNG

last 2 pics shot 8/1/15; a few days in service

#8103: arrived at South Shops over the weekend of 7/11/15 and 7/12/15; first ran in service morning of 7/28/15 on the #65

cta 8103 on 65.PNG

pic was shot 7/28/15, first day in service

#8104: arrived at South Shops over the weekend of 7/18/15 and 7/19/15; first ran in service morning of 7/28/15 on the #72

cta 8104.jpg *

cta 8104 front on 54.PNG

cta 8104 rear on 54.PNG

Last two pics shot 8/1/15; 3rd day in service

#8105: arrived at South Shops over the weekend of 7/18/15 and 7/19/15; first ran in service morning of 7/24/15 on the #72

cta 8105 front on  cta 132.PNG

cta 8105 front side on  cta 132.PNG

cta 8105 side profile on cta 132.PNG

cta 8105 rear quarter on cta 132.PNG

cta 8105 rear quarter on 74 2nd day.PNG

cta 8105 on fullerton.PNG

cta 8105 on 74.PNG

first 4 pictures shot 7/24/15, first day of service afternoon shift; last 3 pics shot 7/25/15 2nd day of service

#8106: arrived at south shops the weekend of 7/18/15 and 7/19/15; first ran in service morning of 7/24/15 on the #121

cta 8106 on 54b.PNG

cta 8106 rear quarter on 54b.PNG

Both pics shot 7/26/15 , 2nd day of service

#8107: arrived at South Shops over the weekend of 7/18/15 and 7/19/15; first went into service morning of 7/27/15 on the #20

cta 8107.jpg *

cta 8107 front on 57.PNG

cta 8107 rear on 73.PNG

last two pics shot 7/30/15; 3rd day of service

#8108: arrived at South Shops over the weekend of 7/18/15 and 7/19/15; first ran in service morning of 7/29/15 on the #70

cta 8108 and 8110.jpg *

cta 8108 front on 66.PNG

cta 8108 rear on 66.PNG

last 2 pics shot 7/30/15; 2nd day of service

#8109: arrived at South Shops over the weekend of 7/18/15 and 7/19/15; first ran in service morning of 7/29/15 on the #65

cta 8109.jpg *

cta 8109 rear.PNG

second pic shot 8/20/15; first month in service; 1st time out in service in 3 weeks

#8110: arrived at South Shops over the weekend of 7/18/15 and 7/19/15; first ran in service morning of 7/30/15 on the #72

cta 8110.jpg *cta 8108 and 8110.jpg *

cta 8110 front quarter on 54b.PNG

cta 8110 rear quarter on 54b.PNG

Last two pics shot 8/1/15; 3rd day in service

#8111: arrived at South Shops over the weekend of 7/18/15 and 7/19/15; first ran in service morning of 7/30/15 on the #66

8111 and 8113.jpg*

cta 8111 front on 66.PNG

cta 8111 rear on 66.PNG

Last 2 pics shot 7/30/15; first day in service

#8112: arrived at South Shops over the weekend of 7/18/15 and 7/19/15; first ran in service morning of 7/31/15 on the #65

cta 8112 front on 74.PNG

cta 8112 rear on 54.PNG

1st pic shot 8/1/15; 2nd day in service. Last pic shot 8/2/15; 3rd day in service

#8113: arrived at South Shops over the weekend of 7/18/15 and 7/19/15; first ran in service morning of 8/4/15 on the #70

8111 and 8113.jpg*

cta 8113 front take two on 65.PNG

cta 8113 rear on 65.PNG

Last two pics shot 8/6/15, 3rd day in service

#8114: arrived at south shops 7/24/15; first ran in service morning of 8/3/15 on the #20

cta 8114 front on 72.PNG

cta 8114 rear take two on 72.PNG

pics shot 8/4/15; 2nd day of service

#8115: arrived at south shops 7/24/15; first ran in service morning of 8/4/15 on the #37

cta 8115 on 37.PNG

pic shot 8/4/15; first day in service

#8116: arrived at south shops 7/24/15; first ran in service morning of 8/5/15 on the #72

cta 8116 on 74.PNG

pic shot 8/12/15; first week in service

#8117: arrived at south shops 7/24/15; first ran in service morning of 8/5/15 on the #37

cta 8117 front on 37.PNG

cta 8117 rear on 37.PNG

cta 8117 front on 72 just after the air show.PNG

1st 2 pics shot 8/5/15; first day in service; last pic shot 8/16/15 after the air show

#8118: arrived at south shops 7/24/15; first ran in service morning of 8/7/15 on the #66

cta 8118 front on 20.PNG

cta 8118 rear on 20.PNG

Both pics shot 8/17/15; first week in service

#8119: arrived at south shops 7/24/15; first ran in service morning of 8/7/15 on the #72

cta 8119 front leaving the 74 garage bound.PNG

cta 8119 rear going to chicago garage.PNG

both pics shot 8/12/15; first week in service

#8120: arrived at south shops 7/24/15; first ran in service afternoon of 8/7/15 on the #132

cta 8120 on 20.PNG

#8121: arrived at south shops 7/24/15; first ran in service morning of 8/18/15 on the #66

cta 8121 on 66.PNG

pic shot 8/18/15; first day in service

#8122: arrived at south shops 7/24/15; first ran in service morning of 8/11/15 on the #74

cta 8122 front on 74.PNG

cta 8122 rear on 74.PNG

both pics shot 8/11/15, first day in service

#8123: arrived at south shops over the weekend of 7/25 and 7/26/15; first ran in service morning of 8/11/15 on the #37

cta 8123 front on 70.PNG

cta 8123 rear on 70.PNG

Both pics shot 8/13/15; 2nd day of service

#8124: arrived at south shops over the weekend of 7/25 and 7/26/15; first ran in service afternoon of 8/12/15 on the #53

cta 8124 front on 53.PNG

cta 8124 rear on 53.PNG

Both pics shot 8/12/15, first day in service

#8125: arrived at south shops over the weekend of 7/25 and 7/26/15; first ran in service morning of 8/12/15 on the #65

cta 8125.PNG

pic shot 8/31/15; was out of service from 8/12 to 8/20; this might be around it's 5th time in service

#8126: arrived at south shops over the weekend of 7/25 and 7/26/15; first ran in service morning of 8/13/15 on the #54

cta 8126 front on 54.PNG

cta 8126 rear on 54.PNG

Both pics shot 8/13/15; first day in service

#8127: arrived at south shops over the weekend of 7/25 and 7/26/15; first ran in service morning of 8/17/15 on the #53

cta 8127 front closer side on 53.PNG

cta 8127 rear on number 53.PNG

Both pics shot 8/17/15; first day in service

#8128: arrived at south shops over the weekend of 7/25 and 7/26/15; was spotted driving around at the Air Show 8/16/15 not in service

cta 8128.jpg

pic shot 8/17/15 by Garmon757; first day in service

#8129: arrived at south shops over the weekend of 8/1 and 8/2/15; first ran in service morning of 8/17/15 on the #54B

cta 8129 front on 66.PNG

cta 8129 rear on 66.PNG

Pic shot 8/19/15; 3rd day of service

#8130: arrived at south shops over the weekend of 8/1 and 8/2/15; first ran in service morning of 8/18/15 on the #65

cta 8130 front on 37.PNG

cta 8130 rear on 37.PNG

Pic shot 8/19/15; second day of service

#8131: arrived at south shops over the weekend of 8/1 and 8/2/15; first ran in service morning of 8/19/15 on the #57 (interlines with the #73)

cta 8131 on 73.PNG

Pic shot 8/19/15; first day of service

#8132: arrived at south shops over the weekend of 8/1 and 8/2/15; first went into service morning of 8/20/15 on the #74

cta_8132_on_20.thumb.PNG.cc0660f6f9b3fc75527da7400e86e1a3.PNG

pic shot 8/25/15; 3rd day of service

#8133: arrived at south shops over the weekend of 8/1 and 8/2/15; first went into service morning of 8/20/15 on the #54

cta 8133 front.PNG

cta 8133 rear.PNG

pics shot 8/20/15; first day of service

#8134: arrived at south shops over the weekend of 8/1 and 8/2/15; first went into service morning of 8/20/15 on the #53

cta 8134 front.PNG

cta 8134 rear.PNG

pics shot 8/20/15; first day of service

#8135: arrived at south shops over the weekend of 8/1 and 8/2/15; first ran in service morning of 8/22/15 on the #20

cta 8135 front on 65.PNG

cta 8135 rear on 65.PNG

pic shot 8/26/15; 3rd day in service

#8136: arrived at south shops over the weekend of 8/1 and 8/2/15; first ran in service 8/24/15 on the #20

cta 8136 front.PNG

cta 8136 rear.PNG

pics shot 8/24/15; first day in service

#8137: arrived at south shops over the weekend of 8/8 and 8/9/15; first ran in service morning of 9/15/15 on the #20

cta 8137 front.PNG

cta 8137 rear.PNG

pic shot 9/29/15; around 2 weeks after entering service

#8138: arrived at south shops over the weekend of 8/8 and 8/9/15; first ran in service 8/31/15 on the #53

cta 8138.PNG

cta 8138 rear.PNG

both pics shot 9/1/15; second day in service

#8139: arrived at south shops over the weekend of 8/8 and 8/9/15; first ran in service 8/27/15 on the #37

cta 8139.jpg

pic shot 8/27/15, first day of service (courtesy of Garmon757)

#8140: arrived at south shops over the weekend of 8/8 and 8/9/15; first ran in service 8/29/15 on the #54B

cta 8140.PNG

pic shot 8/31/15; 2nd day in service

#8141: arrived at south shops over the weekend of 8/8 and 8/9/15; has been released to Chicago garage, the week of 9/15/15, after coming in and out of south shops twice it went into service 10/13/15 on the #65

cta 8141 front.PNG

cta 8141 rear.PNG

both pics shot 10/13/15; first day in service

#8142: arrived at south shops over the weekend of 8/8 and 8/9/15; first ran in service 8/28/15 on the #53

cta 8142 front on 53.PNG

cta 8142 rear on 53.PNG

pic shot 8/28/15; first day of service

#8143: arrived at south shops 8/21/15; first ran in service 8/28/15 on the #20

cta 8143 front on 20.PNG

cta 8143 rear on 20.PNG

pic shot 8/28/15; first day of service

#8144: arrived at south shops 8/21/15; first ran in service morning of 9/1/15 on the #20

cta 8144.PNG

pic shot 9/2/15; second day in service

#8145: arrived at south shops 8/21/15;first ran in service afternoon of 9/3/15 on the #72

cta 8145 on 72.PNG

pic shot 9/3/15; first day in service

#8146: arrived at south shops 8/21/15; first ran in service morning of 9/1/15 on the #121

#8147: arrived at south shops 8/21/15; first ran in service afternoon of 9/3/15 on the #37

cta 8147 front on 37.PNG

cta 8147 rear on 37.PNG

both pics shot 9/3/15; first day in service

#8148: arrived at south shops 8/21/15; first ran in service 9/2/15 on the #72

cta 8148.PNG

pic shot 9/2/15; first day in service

#8149 arrived at south shops 8/21/15; first ran in service 9/8/15 on the #12

cta 8149 front.PNG

cta 8149 rear.PNG

pics shot 9/10/15; 2nd or 3rd day in service

#8150 arrived at south shops weekend of 9/19-9/20/15; first ran in service morning of 10/1/15 on the #20

cta 8150 front.PNG

cta 8150 rear.PNG

both pics taken 10/1/15; first day in service

#8151 arrived at south shops weekend of 9/19-9/20/15; first ran in service morning of 10/1/15 on the #54

cta 8151 rear.PNG

pic shot 10/14/15; first two weeks in service

#8152 arrived at south shops weekend of 9/19-9/20/15; first ran in service 10/10/15 on the #65

cta 8152.PNG

pic shot 10/10/15; first day in service

cta 8152 rear.PNG

pic shot 10/13/15; 3rd day in service

#8153 arrived at south shops weekend of 9/19-9/20/15; first ran in service morning of 10/2/15 on the #74

cta 8153 front.PNG

cta 8153 rear.PNG

both pics shot 10/2/15; first day in service

#8154 arrived at south shops weekend of 9/19-9/20/15; first ran in service 10/1/15 on the #65

cta 8154.PNG

pic shot 10/1/15; first day in service

cta 8154 front.PNG

cta 8154 rear.PNG

both pics shot 10/14/15; first two weeks in service

#8155 arrived at south shops weekend of 9/19-9/20/15; first ran in service morning of 10/7/15 on the #73

cta 8155 front.PNG

cta 8155 rear.PNG

both pics shot 10/7/15; first day in service

#8156 arrived at south shops weekend of 9/19-9/20/15; first ran in service morning of 10/2/15 on the #72

cta 8156 front.PNG

cta_8156_rear.PNG

both pics shot 10/2/15; first day in service

#8157 arrived at south shops weekend of 9/26-9/27/15; first ran in service 10/8/15 on the #53

cta 8157 front.PNG

cta 8157 rear.PNG

both pics shot 10/8/15; first day in service

#8158 arrived at south shops weekend of 9/26-9/27/15; first ran in service 10/8/15 on the #73

cta 8158 front.PNG

cta 8158 rear.PNG

both pics shot 10/8/15; first day in service

cta 8158 front.PNG

cta 8158 rear.PNG

both pics shot 10/14/15; first week in service

#8159 arrived at south shops weekend of 9/26-9/27/15; first ran in service morning of 10/7/15 on the #73

cta 8159 front.PNG

cta 8159 rear.PNG

both pics shot 10/7/15; first day in service

#8160 arrived at south shops weekend of 9/26-9/27/15; first ran in service morning of 10/7/15 on the #132

cta 8160 front.PNG

cta_8160_rear.PNG

pics shot 10/10/15, about the 3rd or 4th day in service

#8161 arrived at south shops weekend of 9/26-9/27/15; first ran in service morning of 10/9/15 on the #74

cta 8161 front.PNG

cta 8161 rear.PNG

both pics shot 10/9/15; first day in service

#8162 arrived at south shops weekend of 9/26-9/27/15; first ran in service 10/10/15 on the #54B

cta 8162 front.PNG

cta 8162 rear.PNG

both buses shot 10/22/15; about 2 weeks after it went into service

#8163 arrived at south shops weekend of 9/26-9/27/15; first ran in service morning of 10/9/15 on the #66

cta 8163 front.PNG

pic shot 10/9/15; first day in service

#8164 arrived at south shops weekend of 10/4-10/5/15; first ran in service 10/17/15 on the #73

cta 8164 front.PNG

cta 8164 rear.PNG

pics shot 10/20/15; 4th day in service

#8165 arrived at south shops weekend of 10/4-10/5/15; first ran in service 10/15/15 on the #65

cta 8165 rear.PNG

pic shot 10/22/15; first week in service

#8166 arrived at south shops weekend of 10/4-10/5/15; first ran in service 10/16/15 on the #66

cta 8166 front.PNG

cta 8166 rear.PNG

Both pics shot 10/21/15; 5th day in service

#8167 arrived at south shops weekend of 10/4-10/5/15; first ran in service 10/16/15 on the #72

cta 8167 front.PNG

cta 8167 rear.PNG

Both pics shot 10/21/15; 5th day in service

#8168 arrived at south shops weekend of 10/4-10/5/15; first ran in service 10/17/15 on the #54

cta 8168 front.PNG

cta 8168 rear.PNG

pics shot 10/20/15; 4th day in service

#8169 arrived at south shops weekend of 10/4-10/5/15; first ran in service 10/20/15 on the #54B

cta 8169 front.PNG

cta 8169 rear.PNG

both pics shot 10/22/15; 3rd day of service

#8170 arrived at south shops weekend of 10/4-10/5/15; reported to have left south shops around 10/19/15; first ran in service 10/23/15 on the #54

cta 8170 front.PNG

cta 8170 rear.PNG

both pics shot 10/26/15; 4th day in service

#8171 arrived at south shops weekend of 10/10-10/12/15; reported to have left south shops around 10/19/15; first ran in service 10/26/15 on the #72

cta_8171_front.thumb.PNG.a219beb9c86cbe4

cta_8171.thumb.PNG.a0486af8615aa8be5b153

pics shot on 10/27/15; second day in service

#8172 arrived at south shops weekend of 10/10-10/12/15; first ran in service 10/26/15 on the #53

cta 8172 front.PNG

cta 8172 rear.PNG

both pics shot 10/26/15; first day in service

#8173 arrived at south shops weekend of 10/10-10/12/15; first ran in service 10/24/15 on the #54B

cta 8173 front.PNG

cta 8173 rear.PNG

both pics shot 10/26/15; 3rd day in service
#8174 arrived at south shops weekend of 10/10-10/12/15; first ran in service 11/4/15 on the #72

cta 8174 front.PNG

cta_8174_side_on_72.PNG

cta 8174 rear.PNG

cta 8174 quarter.PNG

all shots taken 11/4/15; first day in service
#8175 arrived at south shops weekend of 10/10 -10/12/15; first ran in service 11/5/15 on the #53

cta 8175 front.PNG

cta 8175 rear.PNG

pics shot 11/5/15; first day in service

#8176 arrived at south shops weekend of 10/10-10/12/15; first ran in service 11/18/15 on the #132

cta 8176.PNG

pic shot 11/19/15 on the #53; second day in service

#8177 arrived at south shops weekend of 10/10--10/12/15; first ran in service 11/3/15 on the #54

cta 8177 front.PNG

cta 8177 rear alt angle.PNG

cta 8177 rear.PNG

(all shots of #8177 taken 11/3/15; first day in service)

#8178 arrived at south shops 2/3/16; first ran in service morning of 2/16/16 on the #70

cta8178.PNG

cta8178a.PNG

Both pics shot 2/17/16; 2nd day in service

#8179 arrived at south shops weekend of 1/16-17/16; first ran in service morning of 2/16/16 on the #65

cta8179.PNG

pic shot 2/17/16; 2nd day in service

#8180 arrived at south shops 2/4/16; first ran in service morning of 2/13/16 on the #73

cta 8180.PNG

(pic shot 2/16/15; 2nd day of service)

#8181 arrived at south shops 2/4/16; first ran in service 2/26/16 on the #73

cta 8181 on 74.PNG

pic shot 3/3/16; 3rd day in service

#8182 arrived at south shops weekend of 1/16-17/16; first ran in service 2/16/16 on the #65

cta8182 front.PNG

cta8182 side.PNG

both pics shot 2/17/15; 2nd day in service

#8183 arrived at south shops 2/3/16; first ran in service 2/26/16 on the #70

cta 8183 on 72.PNG

pic shot 2/28/16;3rd day of service

#8184 arrived at south shops weekend of 2/13-14/16; first ran in service 2/26/16 on the #72

#8185 arrived at south shops weekend of 2/13-14/16; first ran in service 2/23/16 on the #73

cta 8185 front.PNG

cta 8185 rear.PNG

pics shot 2/23/16; first day in service

#8186 arrived at south shops 2/18/16; first ran in service 2/24/16 on the #70

cta 8186.PNG

pic shot 2/24/16; first day in service

#8187 arrived at south shops 2/26/16; first ran in service 3/14/15 on the #57/#73 interline

cta 8187 front on 73.PNG

cta 8187 rear on 73.PNG

pics shot 3/14/16; first day in service

#8188 arrived at south shops 3/2/16; first ran in service 3/11/16 on the #74

cta 8188 front on 72.PNG

cta 8188 rear on 72.PNG

pics shot 3/13/16; 2nd day in service

#8189 arrived at south shops 2/26/16; first ran in service 3/10/16 on the #74

pic shot 2nd day of service

cta 8189.PNG

#8190 arrived at south shops 2/26/16; first ran in service 3/10/16 on the #70

cta 8190 front 3-10-16.PNG

cta 8190 rear 3-10-16.PNG

pics shot 3/10/16; first day in service

#8191: arrived at south shops 3/2/16; first ran in service 3/10/16 on the #65

cta 8191 rear 3-10-16.PNG

pic shot 3/10/16; first day in service

#8192 arrived at south shops 3/8/16, first ran in service 3/13/16 on the #54

cta 8192 rear closeup.PNG

cta 8192 rear on 54.PNG

pics shot 3/14/16; first day in service

#8193: arrived at south shops 3/2/16; first ran in service 3/11/16 on the #37

pics shot first day of service

cta 8193a.PNG

cta 8193.PNG

#8194: arrived at south shops 3/8/16; first ran in service 3/12/16 on the #74

cta 8194 on 73.PNG

pic shot 3/14/16; second day in service

#8195: arrived at south shops 3/2/16; first ran in service 3/15/15 on the #74

cta 8195.PNG

cta 8195 rear.PNG

pics shot 3/17/15; 3rd day in service

#8196: arrived at south shops over the weekend of 3/13-14/16; first ran in service evening of 3/29/16 on the #74

cta 8196 on 74.PNG

pic shot 3/30/16; 2nd day of service

#8197: arrived at south shops over the weekend of 3/13-14/16; first ran in service 4/2/16 on the #70

cta 8197.PNG

pic shot 4/2/16; first day in service

#8198: arrived at south shops over the weekend of 3/13-14/16; first ran in service 4/30/16 on the #65; 45 days at south shops

cta 8198 on 74.PNG

Picture shot on 5/14/16; 6th day in service

#8199: arrived at south shops 4/6/16; placed on assignment sheet 4/22/16; went to Forest Glen to serve as a training bus 4/27/16; so far no movement at the garage up until 5/16/16

Pictures shot at Forest Glen Garage in the 3rd yard on

cta 8199 and the 3rd yard.png

cta 8199 front side.png

cta 8199 side rear.png

Pictures courtesy of Garmon757*

• Upvote 6

Excellent pics! On a side note, are those 2 artics I see in the shot of #8100? I'm assuming this is South Shops, so they are probably there for maintenance? 

Building behind 8104 is the South Shops building.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, i hear you. CTA just doesn't seem to care about this part of town. How else can we explain all these dead buses and cuts in service due to faulty equipment. Come on!! Fg has to wait until there are no more #6400's to get to the next generation of buses. (which is 9 years old, I remind everyone). Pathetic, but what can you do.about it? You can only choose not to use the service. If this wasn't my interest, I probably would be miles away from public transportation. People have to ask themselves if they want smelly, old, unreliable service or something 10 times better with transportation of there own. The only pluses I see is you can save alot of money riding public transportation, but man do they put you through the grinder to do it.  

This has been the practice for years at CTA for whatever reason. Theres no doubt in my mind this all smells politically motivated!