TripleTransit1

If I ran Transit for one day...

I didn't realize a lot of these points so thank you all for the clarifications. I'm sad to find out 54A is actually getting eliminated, now its gonna be even harder to get to Old Orchard. Regarding 41, why haven't the petitions worked?? Can CTA at least do a trial run? And for 44 I was thinking maybe running it on Loomis until 31st? If a bus is able to turn there, of course Wallace is a little to close to Halsted but hey if the ridership is there i guess there is no need to.

3 hours ago, TransitQueen22 said:

I didn't realize a lot of these points so thank you all for the clarifications. I'm sad to find out 54A is actually getting eliminated, now its gonna be even harder to get to Old Orchard. Regarding 41, why haven't the petitions worked?? Can CTA at least do a trial run? And for 44 I was thinking maybe running it on Loomis until 31st? If a bus is able to turn there, of course Wallace is a little to close to Halsted but hey if the ridership is there i guess there is no need to.

When did you become interested in transit?  Do you like buses?  Trains?

Lol i ride buses daily and serveral of the rail lines (mostly to sightsee around the city) so i just decided to join to voice sum opinions i had on cta operations. i started riding about 4 years ago. 

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

When did you become interested in transit?  Do you like buses?  Trains?

3 hours ago, west towns said:

where are you boarding 54A going to old orchard

near six corners. it takesme 2 buses if anything why cant cta just extend 54 to terminate at devon or peterson since its a little hard to get to that part of the city, then 641 could replace service north of it?

9 minutes ago, TransitQueen22 said:

near six corners. it takesme 2 buses if anything why cant cta just extend 54 to terminate at devon or peterson since its a little hard to get to that part of the city, then 641 could replace service north of it?

As I've learned here, most of what it comes down to is a) potential ridership and to a lesser extent b) terminal availability.

In this case, the 54 would have to be extended to Peterson/Pulaski or more likely, Central/Caldwell. Where the ridership part comes in is: Would service from Central/Caldwell to Cicero/Pensacola be enough to justify extending the route, in which the answer here is probably no. The existing routing is covered by the 54A, a peak-only route (which outside of downtown, indicates low ridership) and the 84. It would also provide no direction connection to a L station until Cicero on the Green or Blue. By which point, riders could probably have been halfway downtown on the 84 & a transfer to the Red Line @ Bryn Mawr. Furthermore, ridership on the 54A is supposedly so low that the new Pace route is going to take the Edens from Foster to Touhy, skipping a swath of the section in proposed extension is (which seems like such a short distance to be on the expy, but hey, if it works for the 143) Given this, there's no real case for a 54 extension to anything north of Jeff Pk.

I'm happy to be wrong about any of this!

On 6/29/2014 at 4:01 PM, artthouwill said:

I think the only real agreeable one would be owl service on the 72, considering the gap in east west owl service between Chicago Ave and Belmont.

They already have partial owl service between Ashland and Clark provided by #8 Ashland.

15 minutes ago, sht6131 said:

They already have partial owl service between Ashland and Clark provided by #8 Ashland.

Numbah 9 is the one you want, I think 🤣

27 minutes ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

So we got the #8 Ashland and the #9 Halsted 

NewFlyer is correct. My mistake. Its # 9 Ashland.

29 minutes ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

So we got the #8 Ashland and the #9 Halsted 

There's just something so funny about seeing #9 Halsted, I actually laughed out loud 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

There's just something so funny about seeing #9 Halsted, I actually laughed out loud 🤣

And I am so embarrassed because I take pride in knowing all the route numbers by memory since I was a kid. It also is the second time I made the same mistake with this route number.

Another senior moment with a mental block.