garmon757

Random Metra

1 minute ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

So how many liveries is that now? We have Rock Island, Milwaukee Road, Illinois Surfliner, New Metra & Old Metra. Am I missing any?

We need CNWand BN, Norfolk and Southern, and Illinois Central Gulf.

1 minute ago, artthouwill said:

We need CNWand BN, Norfolk and Southern, and Illinois Central Gulf.

Actually surprised there hasn't been a BNSF-liveried locomotive yet, seeing as its the highest performing line.

25 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Actually surprised there hasn't been a BNSF-liveried locomotive yet, seeing as its the highest performing line.

1. Unlike the Rock and Milwaukee Road, BNSF is still in business and owns its trade dress, as well as numerous locomotives. It would have to give permission, and for the last reason I noted, won't.
  2. If the purpose is historic, the only appropriate livery would be Burlington. But Metra doesn't own the rights to that, either.

@artthouwill :The above also applies to C&NW, as its successor is still in business and owns the rights. I assume the same for IC/CN. Note that in the 80s, while Metra kept the original IC color scheme on the Highliners, it removed the IC logos. Metra then repainted them in the Metra scheme, not the IC's

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

So how many liveries is that now? We have Rock Island, Milwaukee Road, Illinois Surfliner, New Metra & Old Metra. Am I missing any?

Unless you want to count the Operation Lifesaver locomotive, the only one I can think of is Metra locomotive 100 with the RTA wrap, but that has been removed.

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:08 PM, Pace831 said:

CBS News: Train nearly hits police car when warning devices fail in Mokena (includes dash cam video).

More details on this incident. It turns out that a previous train experienced a similar near miss and the engineer failed to report it. Video from on board the trains has been released.