700-series XE40 - Deliveries & Assignments

Kevin

Just now, jajuan said:

Ok. But we know sw's quoted article was incorrect. 

On rereading the thread, I was not sure to which you were replying. Definitely the case with the electric buses, as the CMAQ application is the primary source.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2016 at 0:21 PM, garmon757 said:

79th/Layfatette

image.jpeg

Looks like it's doing another shadow run behind another bus that's in service. At least this time it was doing so for a route actually assigned to 77th as opposed to when I saw it shadowing a #49 out of NP a few months ago. 

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 0:21 PM, garmon757 said:

79th/Layfatette

image.jpeg

Good to see the leader in 1285 is letting 701 just sit in the middle of 79th and Lafayette while taking on passengers.... it's not like the bus will block traffic if the light goes red or the bus will quit running *engine stops working and won't restart* CRAP!!! :PxD Smart move, Bus Operators!!! What would they do if there was a railroad crossing with a bus stop just beyond the tracks? Stop 701 on the tracks while taking passengers?

37 minutes ago, ajm522 said:

Heard that 701 was involved in an accident and is now sidelined. 

Given garmon's pic, maybe this is why.... stopping the middle of the street, you'll get a daredevil to shoot around the front of the bus as it's taking off and smash!!! There you go.

This may not be the case, but with impatient people and poor shadowing on the CTA Bus Operators part(leader and 701), like in this capture, it's a possibility.

1 hour ago, ajm522 said:

Heard that 701 was involved in an accident and is now sidelined. 

32 minutes ago, sw4400 said:

Given garmon's pic, maybe this is why.... stopping the middle of the street, you'll get a daredevil to shoot around the front of the bus as it's taking off and smash!!! There you go.

This may not be the case, but with impatient people and poor shadowing on the CTA Bus Operators part(leader and 701), like in this capture, it's a possibility.

Someone believes gossip again, and then goes overboard on inferences.

BTW, where's 700 or Waldo?

2 hours ago, XE NewFlyer said:

if 701 went bye bye is there going to be a 702

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Maybe it got shot. xD (I know bad joke) Probably just more gossip. How does a bus get in a wreck not in service? Just don't ask Pace that question. Example on my Youtube site.

Let's see. Garmon posted a picture on Sunday with the bus appearing to be intact, near his residence and also near the 77th Garage. In short you people are saying that an administrator committed a massive deception. If you don't believe him, maybe you should get the metadata for that picture.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Let's see. Garmon posted a picture on Sunday with the bus appearing to be intact, near his residence and also near the 77th Garage. In short you people are saying that an administrator committed a massive deception. If you don't believe him, maybe you should get the metadata for that picture.

Speculations................continue on?

11 minutes ago, Juniorz said:

Speculations................continue on?

I get it. It was put on a flatbed trailer and hauled back to St.Cloud. 4323 will be next week. Which reminds me, if 701 were wrecked, wouldn't it be in the news?

Let's stop the silly season.

48 minutes ago, Busjack said:

While we're arguing semantics,  Garmon never said his picture was from sunday only that it was posted on sunday. I doubt alot of the higher up managers and administrators even work on sunday. So take that in your pipe and smoke it. (I'm so mean) Lol!!

Still though it's probably bogus that it was wrecked. Where is it in the boneyard? No way!! I'll have to take the status quo here. 

Heard it on Monday (yesterday) that the bus was involved in an accident while in training. The operators I spoke with  didn't specify severity and it didn't  sound like it was that bad. They said the bus was sidelined in the transportation yard awaiting further action.  

15 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

While we're arguing semantics,  Garmon never said his picture was from sunday only that it was posted on sunday.

Which is why I said to find someone with a program to read the metadata.

16 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Still though it's probably bogus that it was wrecked. Where is it in the boneyard? No way!! I'll have to take the status quo here. 

True. As I implied, it would be sitting with 4323 and other fishes. CTA can't even hide a bus with a broken windshield from us.

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

Which is why I said to find someone with a program to read the metadata.

True. As I implied, it would be sitting with 4323 and other fishes. CTA can't even hide a bus with a broken windshield from us.

And the fact that an Xcelsior stands out like a sore thumb.

3 hours ago, Busjack said:

Well, I used to live out there but now I live in Rogers Park.

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

While we're arguing semantics,  Garmon never said his picture was from sunday only that it was posted on sunday. I doubt alot of the higher up managers and administrators even work on sunday. So take that in your pipe and smoke it. (I'm so mean) Lol!!

Sorry guys, to avoid more confusion, this shot was taken on 06/29. At the time, I was wondering about the scrapes on the right side of that bus.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, garmon757 said:

Well, I used to live out there but now I live in Rogers Park.

Sorry guys, to avoid more confusion, this shot was taken on 06/29. At the time, I was wondering about the scrapes on the right side of that bus.

I think I remember seeing some scrapes on it on the right rear but those were from it's kedzie days. I remember thinking wth. New bus???