Kevin

700-series XE40 - Deliveries & Assignments

16 hours ago, trainman8119 said:

How about Midway being CTA property and Ford City not with the mall management not allowing the charging station onto their property.

Undoubtedly, but there were all sorts of ordinances that there had to be agreements with the city, Metropolitan Pier and Expo Authority, and Navy Pier, Inc. because the Navy Pier turnaround was not CTA property. For all we know (like Cook County owning the Rosemont TC), CTA might not own Midway, either, but I'm not doing a title search.

6 hours ago, ajay said:

How you do that?

First you will have to demonstrate why I should respond to  necropost. And since you found something 27 months old, you should be able to find the reference to math's tracker. 

On 11/14/2018 at 9:56 PM, Busjack said:

First you will have to demonstrate why I should respond to  necropost. And since you found something 27 months old, you should be able to find the reference to math's tracker. 

Ok

On 1/7/2019 at 11:26 AM, andrethebusman said:

63 is indeed confirmed as the one to be electric. Chargers will be in first two ISLAND bays as it can't be installed in first lane as the canopy supports would be in the way.

I did the stupid thing of taking a trip to Midway, and besides learning that Mike Madigan and Marty Quinn! have signs all over the neighborhood to clean up after your dog, and there is all sorts of construction blocking access to the station, there is no sign of any construction of chargers. While there is a canopy over the sidewalk, I don't see any reason it would interfere with installing whatever the overhead is, just that it would have to extend over the curb lane. On the other hand, chargers at islands B or C would have to fit under the canopy, but the canopies, at either location, are equally about 14 feet tall.

12 hours ago, Nova's at 103rd said:

Did CTA send them back.

Maybe something to do with the batteries. The battery cell is heavy and big in a bus and they would want to make sure it's working efficiently once installed. Cta may not have the expertise to handle batteries it's new tech and they only have 2 buses to learn from.  It could be either that or they are looking to extend the range either with a new battery or a possible overhead charging retrofit. Then they could run those with the proterras. Maybe something to do with 700 is forcing their hand to do this. Especially if it needs major work at the technical level.