New CTA Maps Are Out

They've been out since last week, nothing major other than a couple of bus updates, that is all.

P.S. I wonder who has the "Very Limited" September 2007 Bus & Rail Map?

Easy to say nothing major, but we all know with so many bus routes ending earlier because of clandestine cuts done here and there the past couple of years under the generic guise of "matching passenger demand", it's still good to have a current hard copy of what CTA services are given, because not everybody is always going to be near a computer to check online and as hard it may be to believe for some of the younger members, not everyone has a smartphone like a lot of the rest of us.

• Upvote 3

They've been out since last week, nothing major other than a couple of bus updates, that is all.

P.S. I wonder who has the "Very Limited" September 2007 Bus & Rail Map?

Weird cover. Exploding pimple at Wabash and Madison?

Anyway, this isn't on the website, yet.

Weird cover. Exploding pimple at Wabash and Madison?

Anyway, this isn't on the website, yet.

Actually it is on the website under the ".pdf" link. But it's easy to see why anyone would think it's not since the website still has the "October 2013" link listed under the system map page.

• Upvote 3

To be honest, this has to be one of the most disappointing design on the front of this map.

Actually, the Claypool Era of the maps have been quite the art pieces. Each one since September 2012 have been very designed focused & the fact that it's updated regularly is also pleasing.

Actually, the Claypool Era of the maps have been quite the art pieces. Each one since September 2012 have been very designed focused & the fact that it's updated regularly is also pleasing.

Since jajuan said to click on the pdf link, I did. From that perspective, it sort of looked like a hydrangea with its roots sticking into Oak Park, but I'm still not sure what the point was.

To be honest, this has to be one of the most disappointing design on the front of this map.

Yeah, they should have had a picture of #7900 on it. It's new and it's CTA 2014. I was looking over the changes and they cut another 30 minute trip off the #81W, now the last WB is before 10 PM on weekdays.

So what, 9 months means "regularly"?

I would choose 9 months over 15 month's. This go around, not many changes had occurred. Why waste money on changes when it's not necessary. Under the claypool era they've been pretty consistent with the changes. Now, I can understand if they had no change since May 2013 until now, then we can complain

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

New CTA maps are out again for September 2015, first I saw of it was yesterday. Strange why they didn't wait until October when the Yellow line is scheduled to open. Lots of potential riders who read the map may not ride the yellow line now thinking it's still closed. CTA's website says it's an October map, but it isn't look below at the pdf.

http://www.transitchicago.com/assets/1/brochures/ctaSystemMapBrochure.pdf

Edited by BusHunter

New CTA maps are out again for September 2015, first I saw of it was yesterday. Strange why they didn't wait until October when the Yellow line is scheduled to open. Lots of potential riders who read the map may not ride the yellow line now thinking it's still closed. CTA's website says it's an October map, but it isn't look below at the pdf.

http://www.transitchicago.com/assets/1/brochures/ctaSystemMapBrochure.pdf

The map has the Yellow Line on it, with schedule, and just a box saying it is temporarily closed with estimated reopening in Fall. They way you were talking, I thought it was something like the Green Line on the 1995 map.

Also, this is October.

The map has the Yellow Line on it, with schedule, and just a box saying it is temporarily closed with estimated reopening in Fall. They way you were talking, I thought it was something like the Green Line on the 1995 map.

Also, this is October.

It's not October on the pdf, fall could mean Dec 21st as Winter doesn't start until the 22nd of December. They should have said October in the box.