755/855 Expansion Coming Forthwith.

MetroShadow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, west towns said:

Impossible its not bos wrapped cant be on a bos service

3 hours ago, Busjack said:

As presaged by @Pace831, 6977:

I saw an MCI today (I assume one of the new ones) deadheading south on IL53 through Romeoville at about 6:30 PM. I saw the right side of it, Interestingly it was wrapped except for the lettering. It had the white stripe toward the rear, but it didn't say "Authorized to use the shoulder" on the stripe. It did not have the Pace express logo either.

6510-12 have been running unwrapped, so it is not "impossible" for them to be on those routes. Has anyone seen one of the unwrapped buses actually driving on the shoulder

11 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

I saw an MCI today (I assume one of the new ones) deadheading south on IL53 through Romeoville at about 6:30 PM. I saw the right side of it, Interestingly it was wrapped except for the lettering. It had the white stripe toward the rear, but it didn't say "Authorized to use the shoulder" on the stripe. It did not have the Pace express logo either.

6510-12 have been running unwrapped, so it is not "impossible" for them to be on those routes. Has anyone seen one of the unwrapped buses actually driving on the shoulder

That might have been 6977 you saw.  I saw it in Bolingbrook around 6:15pm tonight done for the day and heading to the garage.  It was definitely was a different looking bus than the others, it probably just started this week.

37 minutes ago, rotjohns said:

That might have been 6977 you saw.  I saw it in Bolingbrook around 6:15pm tonight done for the day and heading to the garage.  It was definitely was a different looking bus than the others, it probably just started this week.

I'm sure that's the one. What makes it more unusual is 6979 already had the lettering on the white stripe when I photographed it at South Holland. Maybe they're in a rush to get 6510-12 to where they should be.

9 hours ago, west towns said:

so the bos dont need to be wrapped?

As @Pace831 points out--why do you continually ask this?*

He said that the new bus had the "Authorized to use the shoulder" stripes.

*BTW, I did a search on the forum and found at least 11 of your posts relating to I-55 expressing this.

Busjack im not questioning you.  Im just saying there have been actions which seem contradict the wrapped  statement such as toyoya park ,bears buses (are these bos? )and now  pulse buses used in express service.  Im not questioning the statement of buses need to be wrapped just trying to point out there are buses not wrapped out there and if they are running as bos.  

4 hours ago, west towns said:

Busjack im not questioning you.  Im just saying there have been actions which seem contradict the wrapped  statement such as toyoya park ,bears buses (are these bos? )and now  pulse buses used in express service.  Im not questioning the statement of buses need to be wrapped just trying to point out there are buses not wrapped out there and if they are running as bos.  

And if you looked up the thread or at the pacebus.com home page at the time, the Toyota Park ones are wrapped, so you are wrong there. @Pace831 said differently about the 3 Pulse buses, but it looks like they are on the way to where they belong. Whether there was a short-term waiver, or they didn't ride the shoulder (I take it you did not go personally to look), I don't know.

Bears buses out of SW were also previously discussed, and the consensus was that since any bus may ride the shoulder only if traffic is under 35 m.p.h., that is unlikely when the Bears play, mostly on Sunday. There is a news article that any Pace bus, including the NWTC Bears bus, may use the designated bus lane, but that is a Flex Lane, not the shoulder. That article also says it is limited to 35 m.p.h.

On 8/13/2017 at 5:43 PM, Busjack said:

And if you looked up the thread or at the pacebus.com home page at the time, the Toyota Park ones are wrapped, so you are wrong there. @Pace831 said differently about the 3 Pulse buses, but it looks like they are on the way to where they belong. Whether there was a short-term waiver, or they didn't ride the shoulder (I take it you did not go personally to look), I don't know.

Bears buses out of SW were also previously discussed, and the consensus was that since any bus may ride the shoulder only if traffic is under 35 m.p.h., that is unlikely when the Bears play, mostly on Sunday. There is a news article that any Pace bus, including the NWTC Bears bus, may use the designated bus lane, but that is a Flex Lane, not the shoulder. That article also says it is limited to 35 m.p.h.

6512 was  on the 250 Yesterday.   I remember seeing 6511 on 850 a few weeks ago. 

14 hours ago, Pace831 said:

I finally got a good look at both 6977 and 6978. They do not have a full wrap, only the white stripe. The Pace express logo is on the stripe below "Authorized to use the shoulder".

I noted that your picture of 6979 doesn't really indicate what's on the side other than the white stripe is there. Is the logo just some blue or black symbol on the stripe?

4 minutes ago, Busjack said:

I noted that your picture of 6979 doesn't really indicate what's on the side other than the white stripe is there. Is the logo just some blue or black symbol on the stripe?

The logo is just below the word "shoulder". If you look closely you can see it partially behind the fence bar. There are no other markings on the side other than the white stripe and fleet number.

DSCF2279.thumb.JPG.15bcfe5faa45c860e68051c9de56e443.JPG

56 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

The logo is just below the word "shoulder". If you look closely you can see it partially behind the fence bar

Copying it into Paint and blowing it up, yes.

I guess Pace is no longer as interested in the full blown branding, although the big logo is still on the engine compartment door.

30 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Copying it into Paint and blowing it up, yes.

I guess Pace is no longer as interested in the full blown branding, although the big logo is still on the engine compartment door.

They still used full wraps for the new I-90 buses, but I-55 is established by now. It's cheaper and easier to do a partial wrap. Plus now you can actually see out the windows.

54 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

They still used full wraps for the new I-90 buses,

Actually, close up, they are not full wraps. Only the part with the pace Express is wrapped, and the letterboard. The windows forward of the slanted logo are not wrapped, and the Interstate 90 is just a shield decal on the window.,

5 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Actually, close up, they are not full wraps. Only the part with the pace Express is wrapped, and the letterboard. The windows forward of the slanted logo are not wrapped, and the Interstate 90 is just a shield decal on the window.,

Interesting. I never actually looked that closely.

On 8/13/2017 at 5:43 PM, Busjack said:

Back to this debate. Today I saw an unwrapped bus using the shoulder on route 775. I thought it was bus 6389 but that is a South bus, unless it was moved to SW.