garmon757

garmon757

Nice to see you will be able to return to work soon if you haven't already. Also good move on not speaking on the court case until you reach a resolution. Along those lines, all I'll say further on that for the time being is I wish you luck in reaching an equitable solution since it seems you got yourself good legal representation in the matter.

Thanks. I went back to work this past weekend and I'll be back to work at my other job this morning. I give Kevin credit for assisting me into having good legal representation.
  • Upvote 1

Indeed it is and it was only $50, $60 for the rack including labor cost (I had someone install it at the bike shop), and $20 for the basket.

See, your lawyer is already pissed. You've put your property damage claim on a social site. :) Whatever you do, don't post your hospital bill.

See, your lawyer is already pissed. You've put your property damage claim on a social site. :) Whatever you do, don't post your hospital bill.

That would be too extreme for me to do that. I will say that I had to get one because lost wages wouldn't be considered. Oh God, now I have to deal with some idiot spilling liquor on the train! :lol:

That would be too extreme for me to do that. I will say that I had to get one because lost wages wouldn't be considered. Oh God, now I have to deal with some idiot spilling liquor on the train! :lol:

I was going to ask what you offer, but somehow grubhub.com had a script that screwed up in Firefox. I looked in Google Chrome, but in my area it was just non-Chicago pizza or sushi. I don't think you bike this far north anyway (all I was going to say is that your reference to The Glen at North Glenview was close).

I was going to ask what you offer, but somehow grubhub.com had a script that screwed up in Firefox. I looked in Google Chrome, but in my area it was just non-Chicago pizza or sushi. I don't think you bike this far north anyway (all I was going to say is that your reference to The Glen at North Glenview was close).

They only have me deliver in the loop because I'm a biker. However, our region's delivery radius doesn't exceed north from Lakeview or Edgewater for the drivers. Now if you were downtown then I highly recommend Chuck's on Michigan Avenue and Yum Cha Dim Sum Parlor by the Aon Center.

Yum Cha is one of the recent restaurants that had opened but it's stands outside east of the Aon Center and west from the new Mariano's. It's hard to describe it more because it's located at 333 E. Benton St right by the condos but it's easy to enter via Randolph Street going up the hill. This is how I keep food hot (in photo). Also, I'll include the list of restaurants that we deliver for if you and anybody else wanted to have some food delivered in the city (our zone).

Oh by the way, my other job (Postmates) delivers anything LEGALLY Between Chinatown and all the way up to Winnekta. Here's the delivery zone map.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/tWv-AHHUH-0R7xFBhOW6IYw/htmlview?pli=1

post-1364-0-33304500-1416943861_thumb.jp

post-1364-0-22238000-1416943908_thumb.jp

post-1364-0-55646900-1416944519_thumb.jp

They should have an insulated bag like you see the pizza delivery man usually has. Probably the bigger question is how to keep items separate from each other.

I agree but I can fit a 10-12 inch pizza in my bag. When it comes to separating items, GrubHub dispatchers knows the items on each delivery. So they will dispatch drivers if there's too much food. The maximum deliveries bikers can have at a time is two (depending on the items of food). When I'm at work on behalf of Postmates, I have an option to have up to two deliveries at a time no matter how much food or other items people order. I can fill up to 55-60 pounds of groceries in my basket in which I don't accept those deliveries most of the time.

Oh by the way, my other job (Postmates) delivers anything LEGALLY Between Chinatown and all the way up to Winnekta. Here's the delivery zone map.

Looks like you can deliver some dope to one of Rauner's addresses, but apparently I'm still out of your zone. :D

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hope you don't wipe out. Fortunately the snow should be ending soon.

Oh man, I had a blast out there!!! There were some streets that were too slippery i.e. Wicker Park Avenue, Crystal Street, and Wolcott Avenue. I was done at 9 PM.

Does it at least have traction control? :P

Hell, my whole body was the traction control. Otherwise, I wouldn't have done 11 deliveries in 3 hours!!! :lol::P :D

Oh man, I had a blast out there!!! There were some streets that were too slippery i.e. Wicker Park Avenue, Crystal Street, and Wolcott Avenue. I was done at 9 PM. Hell, my whole body was the traction control. Otherwise, I wouldn't have done 11 deliveries in 3 hours!!! :lol::P:D

Sounds like Crazy Taxi, the game. "It's time to make some crazy money, here we go!!"

• Upvote 1

Damn!!! :lol: Too bad I can't get money for splitting between cars and Cta buses on North, Damen, Ashland, Milwaukee, and Division and slipping past speed bumps (oh Lord, that was a mess)!!! :lol::P

State street was really something last week when they had the first snow. The sidewalks were skating rinks. I was walking really slow that night as there was no traction. At one point my shoes were so icy that I had to walk around the Lake street mezzanine for the Red line for a minute. I was thinking this is ridiculous!! There were two riders on the #29 bus downtown, I was one of them. I think it was Sunday night.

State street was really something last week when they had the first snow. The sidewalks were skating rinks. I was walking really slow that night as there was no traction. At one point my shoes were so icy that I had to walk around the Lake street mezzanine for the Red line for a minute. I was thinking this is ridiculous!! There were two riders on the #29 bus downtown, I was one of them. I think it was Sunday night.

Depending on what kind of shoes you had on, yeah expect to feel some slippery sidewalks down the road. I was extremely surprised that my bike wasn't slipping on the sidewalks while I was on my deliveries. They really did a great job with the sidewalks in Wicker Park but hell, my last 3 deliveries was a f'ing gauntlet, especially when I had to deliver all 3 at the same time to 3 residencies and the third one I had to claw my way through the snow via Bosworth/Greenview to Division to Noble (terrible) to Milwaukee just to deliver to this guy on Racine near the Kennedy.

Which reminds me that Channel 7 had a story about shoveling sidewalks that a woman in a wheelchair-scooter had to use the street. So, you better not hit her. :blink:

Video link

Well hell, they need to enforce that ordinance on the south side. Otherwise, I find it a full of crap. However, it's a $100 fine if residents don't shovel snow on their property in Bellwood and it increases up to $500 for 2 or 3 infractions of the ordinance according to my mother.

Well hell, they need to enforce that ordinance on the south side. Otherwise, I find it a full of crap. However, it's a $100 fine if residents don't shovel snow on their property in Bellwood and it increases up to $500 for 2 or 3 infractions of the ordinance.

South side, there generally is the issue of absentee landlords, or finding someone that has the $100.

Maybe you should work in villages where the village plows sidewalks on mainline streets. :lol: There are some, especially in developments where the back yard fence faces the main road.

• Upvote 1