garmon757

garmon757

19 hours ago, garmon757 said:

@BusHunter and @Pace831 I really appreciate both of your comments. However, I got hired as a Customer Service Assistant and I'm focusing on working through the ranks as a Rail Operator or Rail Instructor. 

Well that's good news, you got the job. We'll be seeing you at your selected stop. Maybe I'll press the CA button and ask you what direction does this train go??? :P If your interested in rail, you need to apply for Flagman. You have to work your way up to rail operator, that's how it works. CDL's you have to maintain and that becomes a pain, but when your making 20-30 an hr, it's worth it. Rail if you quit or get canned, where do you apply then, Metra or Amtrak? Another city's transit agency would probably hire you if you're willing to relocate. With CDL's you can basically work anywhere. I see you working a long time though for CTA.

12 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Well that's good news, you got the job. We'll be seeing you at your selected stop. Maybe I'll press the CA button and ask you what direction does this train go??? :P If your interested in rail, you need to apply for Flagman. You have to work your way up to rail operator, that's how it works. CDL's you have to maintain and that becomes a pain, but when your making 20-30 an hr, it's worth it. Rail if you quit or get canned, where do you apply then, Metra or Amtrak? Another city's transit agency would probably hire you if you're willing to relocate. With CDL's you can basically work anywhere. I see you working a long time though for CTA.

Thanks! I know I have to go through flagmen to climb to the top. Imma have you ejected from the station if you do that! Just kidding! xD

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Busjack said:
  • You hadn't said that you were hired.
  • Employees are supposed to know their way around the yard.

Shhhh I didn’t get to that part yet! xD

Yes, I recently got hired as a Customer Service Assistant. Also, CSA’s are not allowed in the yards without a supervisor and/or Rail Instructor. 

I do have my badge number (feel free to pm me about it if anybody wants to visit me one day) and completed all the paperwork. I will begin my career this Monday. 

With all that being said, I will continue to excel my duties on here as usual. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, garmon757 said:

Yes, I recently got hired as a Customer Service Assistant. Also, CSA’s are not allowed in the yards without a supervisor and/or Rail Instructor. 

I do have my badge number (feel free to pm me about it if anybody wants to visit me one day) and completed all the paperwork. I will begin my career this Monday. 

Very awesome, congrats! I got shot down by Amtrak and am still awaiting a response from BNSF.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, garmon757 said:

I share my congrats on that.

• Thanks 1

Just now, garmon757 said:

Yes, I was aware of that! I don’t see any reason why BNSF would not consider you. 

The BNSF one is a little strange, as I didn’t get the job right off the line, but they said the would contact me if someone who did get the job was unable to continue there. I still see it as a foot in the door.

Ideally the CTA would open up a job I would qualify for, and then I could go from there. However their career site is having some issues emailing me.

43 minutes ago, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

The BNSF one is a little strange, as I didn’t get the job right off the line, but they said the would contact me if someone who did get the job was unable to continue there. I still see it as a foot in the door.

Ideally the CTA would open up a job I would qualify for, and then I could go from there. However their career site is having some issues emailing me.

Well that sucks!

On 12/8/2017 at 6:36 PM, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

Very awesome, congrats! I got shot down by Amtrak and am still awaiting a response from BNSF.

Are you trying for a Engineer position at BNSF? Maybe I'll see you online(there are railfanning streams I watch online).

On 12/8/2017 at 5:28 PM, garmon757 said:

Congratulations, @garmon757! Maybe I'll see you on the Brown Line one day!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sw4400 said:

Are you trying for a Engineer position at BNSF? Maybe I'll see you online(there are railfanning streams I watch online)

Initially as a conductor, but if they eventually want me as an engineer I will gladly take up that offer. They have offered me a conductor trainee job in Seattle. Only downside is that I won’t be able to contribute as much to this forum anymore. ;) ;S

1 hour ago, sw4400 said:

Congratulations, @garmon757! Maybe I'll see you on the Brown Line one day!

That would be nice! If he’s a CSA there he could help you out too.

• 1 month later...

Forgot to mention that I was officially qualified two days after Christmas. Sorry for the late post but I’ve been busy mostly working overnights. I’m officially working on the Forest Park Branch via the extra board until the universal system pick (around late March to early April). 

F57203F3-71F0-4DBA-87DF-E1C77361D1FF.jpeg

• Upvote 3

• 7 months later...

Yes, I know it's been quite a while since I've been on here consistently but I'm still alive! :D Some key events have been occurred since my absence:

1. I'm a flagman now. I've transitioned to that position in late March. I was definitely not about to waste my life in a booth! xD

2. I now have two of my four children in charter school. My third one will be in school after Labor Day. So my time will be limited on here during the midday.

3. @Busjack @BusHunter @jajuan @sw4400 and all other members concerned, on behalf of the bike lawsuit way back in 2014, (you all are not going to believe this) the circuit court ruled in favor of the taxi driver, in which it's BS but that's what happen when you have a biased arbitrators that don't gives a crap about bikers. So therefore, they will make a settlement but as far as pushing this matter to a trial, it's a complete lost. PM me for more details about it.

Other than that, I will continue on with my duties and like my mother always say, "Keep a cool head". B|

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1