metra fare increases

west towns

Just as information- the MP36s are also too heavy for the C&WI from 21st to 74th Street, thus why they are prohibited from running on the SWS as well.

Once the UP-N bridge project is complete it is possible that some MPs will get assigned to the UP, though I doubt they will reassign all the engines.

If the SWS ever moves to Lasalle via the 75th Street Flyover that's in the works, it's probable you will see MPs on the SWS. The weight restriction will be gone since they would no longer travel on the C&WI, and SWS power will come out of the Rock power pool which already has 6 MPs.

The bridges that can't take the MP36 are the old ones on the UP-N line and are being rebuilt at present.

The UP schedules have locos working interchangeably on W, NW and N lines so the weight limit is set by the weakest (UP-N) bridges.

I wonder why then they didn't run any on the UP-W and NW. Maybe because they were worried some could migrate over to UP-N? Plus some of the Milw-N bridges are steel as well, so what's the difference between them is it a difference in age? I believe I read somewhere the ex UP-NW bridges were from 1910.

I wonder why then they didn't run any on the UP-W and NW. Maybe because they were worried some could migrate over to UP-N? Plus some of the Milw-N bridges are steel as well, so what's the difference between them is it a difference in age? I believe I read somewhere the ex UP-NW bridges were from 1910.

It probably gets down to that the 27 locomotives were to replace the 600s (2 of which were not) and generally to add to the pool, given new starts. I don't see, for instance, any drive to put 6000s on other than UP routes.