chicagopcclcar

CTA Video: Ride The Rails

8 hours ago, BusHunter said:

I've often wondered why they just don't run the Pink on the outer loop, but I imagine it has to do with the Clark/Lake transfer.

I asked about this when the Pink opened and that was the answer that I got. I don't see why that's such a big deal since they can transfer to Green at Clinton. Hell, if you want to get to Clark first from the Mart, ride the Evanston; if you want Washington transfer to the Rave. If you want to get to Library from Roosevelt take the Orange or if you want Adams, take green. There are options this way.

21 minutes ago, Lost on Belmont said:

I asked about this when the Pink opened and that was the answer that I got. I don't see why that's such a big deal since they can transfer to Green at Clinton. Hell, if you want to get to Clark first from the Mart, ride the Evanston; if you want Washington transfer to the Rave. If you want to get to Library from Roosevelt take the Orange or if you want Adams, take green. There are options this way.

This is why I don't buy the argument that Pink runs on the inner loop to stop at Clark/Lake first. Especially if you figure the number of trips to a certain station corresponds to a similar number coming from it. So if you're taking the Pink line to Clark/Lake and back, you'll have to ride around the loop on either the initial or return trip no matter which side it runs on.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone else notice that the Pink Line train in the video had 6 cars so this video is older? Or were they running 6 cars during shut down?

3 minutes ago, ajm522 said:

Does anyone else notice that the Pink Line train in the video had 6 cars so this video is older? Or were they running 6 cars during shut down?

They were running 6 car consists during reroute.

Just now, artthouwill said:

They were running 6 car consists during reroute.

Thank you, never had a chance to ride Pink Line while it was disrupted.