sw4400

Random CTA

On 5/16/2018 at 8:25 PM, jajuan said:

This a short clip of my ride this morning on NF #1541 on the X49. What made me record was that I noticed the bus was shifting gears in that odd way that used to happen from time to time with the MAN Americanas. Hopefully you guys are able to hear it clearly enough above the rattle of the railing inside the bus as it hit some bumps along that stretch between Madison and Chicago Avenue that I recorded. The previous time I encounted it on a New Flyer was a couple years ago in 1867 on the X9 a couple months before Ashland became all Nova due to TSP. This morning was the first time I ran into it with an ISM powered NF.

Sounds like #1016 from FG, they sounds exactly like that and sound out of whack to me.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6lD3oNX7eI&t=190s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOUQAKW1uaE&t=138s

6 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Sounds like #1016 from FG, they sounds exactly like that and sound out of whack to me.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6lD3oNX7eI&t=190s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOUQAKW1uaE&t=138s

Yeah I remember seeing those videos. I don't think some of the folks who commented though realize that that gearshift pattern doesn't necessarily mean there's something wrong with the bus since that pattern is somewhat similar to what all of the predecessors to the 1000s, the 5800s had. At the least it simply makes that one and 1541 different than the rest. Some of us already this popping up a lot in the MAN 4000s, and some of those would be like that for a few years as opposed to days or a few months in the 1000s. This also popped up at times in the 4400s, 6000s and 6400s. A matter of fact, I heard it in 6835 on Saturday afternoon while riding on the #84. 

10 hours ago, jajuan said:

Yeah I remember seeing those videos. I don't think some of the folks who commented though realize that that gearshift pattern doesn't necessarily mean there's something wrong with the bus since that pattern is somewhat similar to what all of the predecessors to the 1000s, the 5800s had. At the least it simply makes that one and 1541 different than the rest. Some of us already this popping up a lot in the MAN 4000s, and some of those would be like that for a few years as opposed to days or a few months in the 1000s. This also popped up at times in the 4400s, 6000s and 6400s. A matter of fact, I heard it in 6835 on Saturday afternoon while riding on the #84. 

Yeah that's true, I over reacted while making my comments on the video because I was positive that there was a transmission change because of the way the shift patterns were so I automatically thought of a voith transmission. I mostly remember several blocks of #6200's from 74th back in 2007 had several buses running different shift patterns and till this very day #6282 will always be my favorite Metro mainly because of its long first gear. That bus would whistle so loud at times, ahh the memories. 

15 hours ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

I know this doesn’t fit in but where do you guys think flyers 1000-1002 went they are not appearing on tracker it always starts with 1003

Sometimes buses will go out of service for days and weeks at a time and receive maintenance such as cleaning,mechanical,exterior,interior and etc. Nothing major to worry about.

10 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Sometimes buses will go out of service for days and weeks at a time and receive maintenance such as cleaning,mechanical,exterior,interior and etc. Nothing major to worry about.

Good point I wasn’t even thinking that Thanks 😀

• Upvote 1

On 5/28/2018 at 8:18 PM, Aiden Tabucic said:

I know this doesn’t fit in but where do you guys think flyers 1000-1002 went they are not appearing on tracker it always starts with 1003

1001 was on 85A and 1002 on 205 this morning

3 hours ago, Busjack said:

Another example of are these guys too dumb to figure out that CTA has high def cameras, or don't care? I guess if one is going to punch out an old lady, the latter.

I tend to think it's a combination of both but still leaning toward they simply don't care given how blatant they are in their criminal acts on CTA vehiles and property. 

14 minutes ago, jajuan said:

I tend to think it's a combination of both but still leaning toward they simply don't care given how blatant they are in their criminal acts on CTA vehiles and property. 

With the widespread use of  synthetic and laced marijuana , there's no  telling what people will do. It's a common scent on CTA Red, Green, and Blue Lines,especially  on the West and South Sides.  If people aren't  actually smoking on the trains (they are), they are smoking before they get on the trains. Their whole person, clothes, reek of it when they pass by you and  it lingers.  Weed never smelled  so bad.  It almost smells like a skunk. 

Couple drug use with alcohol or anger or mental issues and you have problems.

31 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Couple drug use with alcohol or anger or mental issues and you have problems.

...and apparently another reason the L is losing weekend ridership to Uber and Lytf.

17 minutes ago, Busjack said:

...and apparently another reason the L is losing weekend ridership to Uber and Lytf.

Right people don't want to run into any of that when going to whatever social events that are happening in the city during summer weekends or to/from work if they work weekends.

21 hours ago, jajuan said:

At least he made it easy for the police to make the connection to the surveillance pictures (Tribune).

• Upvote 1