sw4400

Random CTA

31 minutes ago, andrethebusman said:

There are things stowed away at West Shop that hardly ever see the light of day...

I hate to ask what happens when an artic has that problem. I dont know if I ever saw that long of a flatbed. How does it go under a viaduct? 

They have a towing method that they call a float which sounds like that axle is raised to run on a axle dolly. Usually if the brakes are locked theyll use that method. Why this was so special I dont know. I wish I could have seen the bus better I was traveling the other way. Hope it doesnt have serious damage. I bet this comes out for all the big wrecks like 5530. 

Even major wrecks are usually handled by the regular 210-230-250-270. 300 is a rarely-seen 3-axle heavy duty wrecker. At one point in the 1980's I had a full truck roster, over 100 vehicles, some dating back to CSL days... Roster now is probably even bigger.

Does anyone know the reason behind the 126's Harrison/Ashland/Damen routing and the WB-only routing along Central Park & Independence?

126 Harrison night and weekend service goes to the Medical District when the 7 doesn't run. Independence/Congress is for a front-door stop at the senior building. 

Why is the 128 run out of 103rd as opposed to Kedzie? Is more converted J14 runs like the 192 is?

2 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Why is the 128 run out of 103rd as opposed to Kedzie? Is more converted J14 runs like the 192 is?

128 is the Soldier Field Express.  I guess it depends on the event.  Maybe this was a small enough event to be handled by 40 ft buses.  I'm sure during Bears game days K is providing artics for those.

12 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

128 is the Soldier Field Express.  I guess it depends on the event.  Maybe this was a small enough event to be handled by 40 ft buses.  I'm sure during Bears game days K is providing artics for those.

There was an event today? I was looking at the routes based out of each garage (notably, the 170 is still up as a route) and happened to see the 128 assigned to 103rd and wondered why so far when there were closer artics or shoeboxes in general.

In the big cutbacks in 95, 7 was supposed to go away entirely, with  126 via Harrison all hours. But 7 stayed on weekday daytime Central to Racine. Next pick 7 got extended back downtown and 126 sent back to Van Buren and Jackson weekday daytime. As 7 had later eve service added,  126 only a couple of late trips remain weekday evenings. 

YouTube recommended Mariah Carey's "A No No" music video to me, I recognized the 2200-series "blink" doors in the thumbnail and realized it was being shot in the a CTA train, 2258 to be exact.

5 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Drove through Chicago garage tonight & they got they buses ready for the morning rush a 12:15 am

IMG_20190401_003048036.jpg

IMG_20190401_003100367.jpg

IMG_20190401_003151638.jpg

How were you able to drive thru

13 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Drove through Chicago garage tonight & they got they buses ready for the morning rush a 12:15 am

That reminds me of Schreiber Ave. in the 1950s, next to the Devon Carhouse, when all the streetcars lined up & completely blocked the street before both rush hours. 

2 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Saw 7908 going downtown last night just pass 31st but the driver had a CTA vest on is 77th swapping buses with Westside garages

IMG_20190403_215155679.jpg

He could've been doing a road test with the bus after repairs or he could've been swapping out with another 77th bus downtown. 

6 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

He could've been doing a road test with the bus after repairs or he could've been swapping out with another 77th bus downtown. 

Oh yea I didn't think about that another on could have been acting up or test driving it like you said 

On 4/2/2019 at 12:06 AM, Shannon CVPI said:

Yea that's when I took the pics 

The question is, How were you able to drive through CTA property and not get into any trouble or noticed ??

Did your P71 Vic had anything to do with it ?? lol

Dave

4 hours ago, chitowndude84 said:

The question is, How were you able to drive through CTA property and not get into any trouble or noticed ??

Did your P71 Vic had anything to do with it ?? lol

Dave

I just drive through there they don't care I even film some of my YouTube videos of my Vic on the back lot where they train drivers at they don't care if their not using the lot & my wife drive through there all the time in her Hyundai they drivers & bosses see you driving through but they really don't care long as your not messing with no buses for trying to come into the garage 

21 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

I just drive through there they don't care I even film some of my YouTube videos of my Vic on the back lot where they train drivers at they don't care if their not using the lot & my wife drive through there all the time in her Hyundai they drivers & bosses see you driving through but they really don't care long as your not messing with no buses for trying to come into the garage 

Well doesn't that break any Policies at CTA for consistently allowing that to happen? I'm sure if the top brass knew about you two doing that along with the supervisor of the garage doing that somebody would get fired on the spot and arrested for trespassing...