sw4400

Random CTA

59 minutes ago, chitowndude84 said:

Your best bet is to try facebook marketplace or ebay for a used motorola radio or scanner

I believe Motorola is what they use ? since its a local company (schaumburg) ??

Yea Motorola is what they use I seen a bunch of supervisors with it 

So I rode the 26 south shore express from NWM hospital to 103rd/Stony Island in the PM does it deadhead back to downtown because mine went back with sign saying “Not in service” 

6 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

So I rode the 26 south shore express from NWM hospital to 103rd/Stony Island in the PM does it deadhead back to downtown because mine went back with sign saying “Not in service” 

Depends on when you rode, but most likely. I know the change in terminal from 106th/Mackinaw to 103rd/Stony was because buses on the 26 ending their runs went that way anyway, so if it didn't go out of service, it most likely went downtown. Or maybe on a school run for some other route.

7 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Depends on when you rode, but most likely. I know the change in terminal from 106th/Mackinaw to 103rd/Stony was because buses on the 26 ending their runs went that way anyway, so if it didn't go out of service, it most likely went downtown. Or maybe on a school run for some other route.

Well it definitely went back to downtown because I checked it 2hrs later and it said 26 South Shore and the bus was 4115 on tracker 

Cermak (22nd Street) was originally #22 in the original scheme. 21 was Fulton/21st. Clark/Wentworth was Thru-Route 22, which was a different series, and local Clark and Wentworth cars were considered 2, This was soon seen as a problem. So Cermak became 21, Clark/Wentworth kept 22, and Fulton/21st was renumbered 15, which had been its old Thru-route number. This is also why Canal-Wacker bus became 15, as it partially replced the Fulton/21st carline.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 4

On 6/9/2019 at 2:29 PM, andrethebusman said:

Cermak (22nd Street) was originally #22 in the original scheme. 21 was Fulton/21st. Clark/Wentworth was Thru-Route 22, which was a different series, and local Clark and Wentworth cars were considered 2, This was soon seen as a problem. So Cermak became 21, Clark/Wentworth kept 22, and Fulton/21st was renumbered 15, which had been its old Thru-route number. This is also why Canal-Wacker bus became 15, as it partially replced the Fulton/21st carline.

Saw  4119 over at SS tonight wasn't this the bus that crashed on LSD 6684 was sitting by the gate on the 79th side maybe coming back to service 

IMG_20190610_210001769.jpg

9 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Saw  4119 over at SS tonight wasn't this the bus that crashed on LSD 6684 was sitting by the gate on the 79th side maybe coming back to service 

IMG_20190610_210001769.jpg

Damnnnnn 4119 still waiting for repair? It’s been couple months now

Now that I think about it, what is the purpose of the 10 going all the way to water tower and not just Og/Union? Who is it serving by going all the way up there, especially when there is existing, competing service that's almost, if not more frequent (146/147/151, maybe the 3)?

2 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Now that I think about it, what is the purpose of the 10 going all the way to water tower and not just Og/Union? Who is it serving by going all the way up there, especially when there is existing, competing service that's almost, if not more frequent (146/147/151, maybe the 3)?

A lot of tourists stay on the Mag Mile and the Museum is a tourist destination.   

44 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Yea 4119 was the one that landed up on the side of sears tower

Oh yea I forgot about that crash I was thinking the one that crashed on into the tree on LSD other then 4167