sw4400

Random CTA

Given that this was from a cell phone camera, I doubt either of them thought about or even knew that they were on camera. (Not one from a phone anyway)

As I said, the bus video should have also been available and the driver should have known that.

And given the prevalence of smart phones, even where they can be stolen, like on the CTA, the two were still dummies.

As I said, the bus video should have also been available and the driver should have known that.

And given the prevalence of smart phones, even where they can be stolen, like on the CTA, the two were still dummies.

And again I don't think folks walk around thinking about that so obviously it didn't matter to these two. And this discussion is beginning to run in circles so it's probably better to just let it stand at that. Yeah both probably should know better but I stick by most of the stupidity went on the idiot sticking his freaking arms in the door of moving bus.

Interesting site this morning to see four car trains operating on the Yellow Line. Only two cars are being used for passengers though. It's probably being done just for today as a precaution for safe operations on the rails for this upcoming ice storm.

Interesting site this morning to see four car trains operating on the Yellow Line. Only two cars are being used for passengers though. It's probably being done just for today as a precaution for safe operations on the rails for this upcoming ice storm.

Probably. The old CTA books had references to running those 5000s off peak because they had extra wheels to knock the ice off the tracks.

Can a 4 car train fit in the tail track past Dempster station ?

I am surprised they simply didn't rebuild that station with just one track and platform, with a bumper block before the pedestrian crossing.

While I can't remember the exact details off the top of my head, I seem to recall the tail track at Dempster being able to (just barely) handle five cars.

There have been four car charters operated into Dempster/Skokie and the tail track in the past years with no trouble. Operating four cars in revenue service would probably require the doors to be cut out in two of the cars and that would have to be the two cars on the south end. If the front two cars were used, the rear cars would block the pedestrian crossing while loading at the southbound platform. In the old days, the cars could be "zoned" to select which doors would be opened.

DH

• Upvote 1

The latest Channel 7.1 newscast on the prisoner who was supposed to be returned to Indiana to serve a 60 year sentence, but was released by the Cook County Sheriff's office included that the prisoner "was given a CTA pass with one fare and two transfers on it."

So, detectives, where did he go next? On the 60 or 94 bus, and then where?

The latest Channel 7.1 newscast on the prisoner who was supposed to be returned to Indiana to serve a 60 year sentence, but was released by the Cook County Sheriff's office included that the prisoner "was given a CTA pass with one fare and two transfers on it."

Reported that he was picked up in Kankakee.

So, did he take the 60 bus to Union Station and bum a ride on Amtrak? Or did George Ryan's driver pick him up? Or do we care? :P

• Upvote 1

Reported that he was picked up in Kankakee.

So, did he take the 60 bus to Union Station and bum a ride on Amtrak? Or did George Ryan's driver pick him up? Or do we care? :P

??? :blink: Were you continuing your prior post??? I had to do a double take on this one, because it looked like you asked a question, answered it and criticized yourself for asking it.

??? :blink: Were you continuing your prior post??? I had to do a double take on this one, because it looked like you asked a question, answered it and criticized yourself for asking it.

By now, ancient history.

ABC7 had a promo for "captured video on the CTA, and what the city is going to do about it" for the 10 p.m. news tonight.

I think they are airing that report tomorrow night. Not tonight.

I think they are airing that report tomorrow night. Not tonight.

It was just on.

Other than the raw number crunching, the one obvious thing was that the more egregious videos were from YouTube. While they showed the cameras on a 5100, the assault action was on a 3200.

Also, Kevin from the CTA Tattler got a cameo.

Update: Story now on web.

The story du jour is that an assailant on a CTA train got so tired pummeling the victim that he took a break, then started again.

And, in a bizarre twist, he was stopped wearing the same clothes as in the alert. I always thought that the police reports about "dressed in blue jeans" were usually worthless.

Police: Man punches CTA bus driver in Chatham. I bet his chatham hurts. According to the story, also his face.

Also, according to the story, "the man began causing a disturbance aboard a CTA bus in the 7700 block of South Cottage Grove Avenue" .. "Julian Coats, 22, of the 800 block of East 80th Street..." "The 22-year-old, who lives in the area where the attack occurred." I would guess so.

This brings new meaning to the classic Drifters song, "Up On The Roof". Story

• Too bad there still isn't any overhead wire.
  • Wonder if the new station canopy would have knocked him off.
  • Stuff like this hasn't happened since people piling onto the cable cars for the Columbian Exhibition, although I suppose that someone is going to contradict that.