Pulse (Milwaukee Avenue Route)

Tcmetro

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Damn so regular 270 is every hour and pulse is every 20 mins?

Pulse is every 10 min peak, 15 min midday/weekend, and 20 min evening. 

Seems the big cut is those who ride the 270 north of Golf Mill, the peak service is going from 30 min to 60 min. 

1 hour ago, MetroShadow said:

Unless it is internalized, it’s Pulse. 

Dempster is also slated to have Pulse service eventually.   Dempster and Milwaukee cross each other

There has to be some way to identify these routes other than Milwaukee Pulse or Dempstet Pulse.  I guess we will get some idea soon.

4 minutes ago, west towns said:

why? does the cta red line have a number ?  metra milwaukee north?  brown line?   

seems it ok for those why not a brt line

You are comparing apples and oranges.   Each CTA rail line has a NAME which happens to be a  color.  Each Metra Line has a NAME like BNSF or North Central.   If you are boarding at Union Station,  you look for the name to see which track it boards on.  Each CTA and Pace bus route has a ROUTE NUMBER AND NAME  i.e 63 63rd or 270 Milwaukee.  So even if it is a pulse, or BRT, it should come with a route number, like P270 or 270X, with a name like Milwaukee Pulse.  Remember the Pulse service will expand next to Dempster with eyes toward Harlem, Halsted, and 95th in the future.

31 minutes ago, west towns said:

on website its called 

Pace Pulse Milwaukee Line

Pace Pulse Dempster Line

how is this different then

Metra Milwaukee North

Metra North Central

CTA Red Line

CTA Pink Line?

All Pace routes (so far) have a number, even if it is not used in Pace’s marketing materials. The Schaumburg Trolley is 905, and all the On Demands are numbered as well (mostly in the 590’s). His question is whether Pulse routes will similarly have a unique number, which hasn’t been identified yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Dempster is also slated to have Pulse service eventually.   Dempster and Milwaukee cross each other

There has to be some way to identify these routes other than Milwaukee Pulse or Dempstet Pulse.  I guess we will get some idea soon.

It’ll be pulse. Routes externally don’t necessarily need a number for it to matter. There will likely be an internal number that planners and analysts will use, but to the usual eye, it’s Pulse. 

On 7/1/2019 at 10:34 PM, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

I’ve been on these buses over 100 times and honestly no complaints from me it’s great on the inside I love the purple lighting 

I ride these almost every day to and from Jeff Pk.  The 6500s are very nice buses.