Jump to content
Tcmetro

Pulse (Milwaukee Avenue Route)

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

1) @CTA5750 stated that he/she was going back to Metra for the exact reason you listed

2) Are there not school trips for NDHS?

Only from NDHS. But not going to NDHS. Oddly enough only Route 423 goes to NDHS but has no trips from NDHS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Dawnlight said:

tbh, I still see PML as Pace Route "X270". That being said, I strongly disagree with the new Pace 270 schedule. While I noticed that 270 now has extended nightly service to Glenbrook Hospital, I can definitely see the hourly service on 270 to be an issue for those who are too far away by foot from a Pulse station. That's really going to stink for people like Notre Dame High School students who now has to wait up to an hour for a 270 to get to school or walk half a dozen blocks to a Pulse station. I won't be surprised if they revised the 270 schedule to 30 minutes.

I think it should be every 30 minutes to Golf Mill/Glenbrook Hospital during rush hrs and 30 minutes to Golf Mill and 60 to Glenbrook all other times from Jefferson Park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, renardo870 said:

I think it should be every 30 minutes to Golf Mill/Glenbrook Hospital during rush hrs and 30 minutes to Golf Mill and 60 to Glenbrook all other times from Jefferson Park.

Take all the guesses you guys want pace is not moving the schedule around due to low feedbacks for the new schedule 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL! Right now! CTA5750 or "SHE"!!! Is biking to work! LOL!!!   Trying to stay off Metra for a while!  I may just suck it up and ride my bike to Jeff Pk so I can continue taking the Blue line. Thats my only other alternative  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2019 at 12:37 AM, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Take all the guesses you guys want pace is not moving the schedule around due to low feedbacks for the new schedule 

Lol. It's only 4 or 5 days into the new schedule. I'm sure no one was implying Pace to change the 270 schedule right now. We are aware there is a process that Pace has to evaluates ridership patterns of passengers on who rides what to where, during peak and off peak times, if 30 minutes headway would be needed past Golf Mill during rush hours and other dynamics to see if a change or improvement is needed. So like everyone else, we will see if the 270 will be changed by  the winter pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 7:59 PM, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Whoever wants to ride pulse this week I recommend not to because they are stopping at every stop ONLY this week so everybody can know about the pulse express 

Not true. Caught Pulse yesterday only stopped at Pulse stops. Northbound Pulse stations are in place in Niles but buses not stopping at them yet. Looked like Pulse stations southbound were open. At Golf Mill all services (except Niles Free Bus) stop at the Pulse station.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, busfan2847 said:

Not true. Caught Pulse yesterday only stopped at Pulse stops. Northbound Pulse stations are in place in Niles but buses not stopping at them yet. Looked like Pulse stations southbound were open. At Golf Mill all services (except Niles Free Bus) stop at the Pulse station.

Idk if it’s true actually there is a Pace worker at Jefferson park this whole week telling pulse drivers and passengers for 270 that the pulse will stop at every stop (even local) only this week but as far as I saw I rode pulse yesterday to and the driver didn’t care he only stopped at pulse stations 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Idk if it’s true actually there is a Pace worker at Jefferson park this whole week telling pulse drivers and passengers for 270 that the pulse will stop at every stop (even local) only this week but as far as I saw I rode pulse yesterday to and the driver didn’t care he only stopped at pulse stations 

That Pace worker is a supervisor.

I rode Pulse on Tuesday and it was making all stops.  There was one lady who complained to the supervisor there was a driver that morning that didn't care and made the Pulse stops only.

I talked to the driver of my run and she didn't agree either about making all local stops.  I can agree too cause everyone had a whole YEAR to prepare for Pulse.

 

Also, is the Transit Signal Priority system not activated yet?  I sat in front mainly to check it out if it works and didn't notice the lights changing green or staying longer in green when the bus approached the intersection.  

As a matter of fact, at one intersection it was green and when the bus arrived it turned red!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

That Pace worker is a supervisor.

I rode Pulse on Tuesday and it was making all stops.  There was one lady who complained to the supervisor there was a driver that morning that didn't care and made the Pulse stops only.

I talked to the driver of my run and she didn't agree either about making all local stops.  I can agree too cause everyone had a whole YEAR to prepare for Pulse.

 

Also, is the Transit Signal Priority system not activated yet?  I sat in front mainly to check it out if it works and didn't notice the lights changing green or staying longer in green when the bus approached the intersection.  

As a matter of fact, at one intersection it was green and when the bus arrived it turned red!

The supervisor wasn't at Jefferson Park yesterday. Only stopped at Pulse stops and the Transit Signal Priority does not seem to be working.

Driver told someone at Jefferson Park that if she wanted the 270 it was operating once an hour and she would have to wait for 45 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

Also, is the Transit Signal Priority system not activated yet?  I sat in front mainly to check it out if it works and didn't notice the lights changing green or staying longer in green when the bus approached the intersection.  

As a matter of fact, at one intersection it was green and when the bus arrived it turned red!

Pulse just started give it about a week or 2 🙃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, busfan2847 said:

The supervisor wasn't at Jefferson Park yesterday. Only stopped at Pulse stops and the Transit Signal Priority does not seem to be working.

Driver told someone at Jefferson Park that if she wanted the 270 it was operating once an hour and she would have to wait for 45 minutes.

The dude ain’t there today either 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2019 at 6:27 PM, NewFlyerMCI said:

The CTA "X" routes that were popular enough that 2 were brought back and many more still want to return (I know I'd kill for X3, X4 to come back)

politics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Well people don’t pay attention 

Yeah that but what I'm referring to is the TSP system and how some Pulse stations aren't ready yet.  

If you're launching a service, you have to have everything you need for it completely ready in order for it to work properly

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

More and more PACE is looking like a Three Stooges outfit. Milwaukee Pulse seems to gone off half cocked, who knows when North Shore Phase 2 will happen. Pace turning into The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight???

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost every project is not 100% complete on opening.   Metra NC service started With many stations not finished some not even in construction  Prospect Heights and OHare come to mind.  both had platforms but no station building.     PH station was one of the stores in the strip mall.   Is 100% the new standard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, west towns said:

Almost every project is not 100% complete on opening.   Metra NC service started With many stations not finished some not even in construction  Prospect Heights and OHare come to mind.  both had platforms but no station building.     PH station was one of the stores in the strip mall.   Is 100% the new standard?

It should be. It's not like this project was done in phases I'm willing to give leeway to the train stations, but @chicagocubs6323 & @andrethebusman are correct, they've had more than enough time to at least have all the stations completed, TSP aside. I'd be more forgiving if they released a statement that said TSP isn't working/currently undergoing testing/etc but we don't even have that

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why does metra get a pass on stations your logic doesnt make sense  a station is a station rather rail or bus.  why wait if almost ready to go passengers want the service and not have to be perfect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, west towns said:

why does metra get a pass on stations your logic doesnt make sense  a station is a station rather rail or bus.  why wait if almost ready to go passengers want the service and not have to be perfect

In regards to Metra, I didn't know if the buildings were outbound or inbound, so I assumed outbound, in which case I don't mind them not being finished as quickly, because they're less likely to be used as opposed to inbound shelters. That said, if it's one building for both platforms, then yes, it something that should be finished when service starts. Bus shelters aren't as rigid in terms of commuting patterns, and in the case of Pulse, especially not when there are traffic generators at either end of the line.

Overall, my issue with Pulse specifically is that there has been time to have the shelters ready and TSP (an advertised feature!) in place. I've seen no word so far that something is not working or anything along those lines (I'm happy to be wrong here), so there's no plausible reason why the full line, with everything as advertised, isn't actually complete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...