MTA Xcelsior on the Kennedy Expressway

That was the newest bus I've seen on the NW side in like 13 years, even if it was only for a few minutes!! :P It would've been cool if he pulled off for a break or something. The CTA riders would be like wth if they saw that on the Chicago streets. :huh:

Without referring to FG as all of us living in Chicago knew you were alluding to, your statement could be viewed as an exaggeration as the NW side still sees NFs in the 1900s range as well as 2000-2029 out of Chicago Garage on the 53 and 54 and those buses are from 2008 and 2009. :lol::rolleyes:

Without referring to FG as all of us living in Chicago knew you were alluding to, your statement could be viewed as an exaggeration as the NW side still sees NFs in the 1900s range as well as 2000-2029 out of Chicago Garage on the 53 and 54 and those buses are from 2008 and 2009. :lol::rolleyes:

Well I did forget the ice cream trucks. :P But I can also say it's pretty bad when they are retiring buses newer than what you have left in your garage. :lol:

I was LMAO yesterday, you know how everyone goes on about all the novas at Jeff Pk, there is one new flyer that is there at all times!! :P Someone put one of those "on the go" signs in the ad racks at the information rack over there by the shelter by #81W that has the NF on it, that I always joke about the NW siders wondering what kind of bus that is. The sign looks old like someone put it there. At least someone has a sense of humor!! :lol:

I see quite a number of NF buses coming from the north into Chicago. As I frequently travel I-90 between Chicago and Rockford on saturdays, over the years Ive seen many NF buses from different transit systems passing through here.

Well I did forget the ice cream trucks. :P But I can also say it's pretty bad when they are retiring buses newer than what you have left in your garage. :lol:

I was LMAO yesterday, you know how everyone goes on about all the novas at Jeff Pk, there is one new flyer that is there at all times!! :P Someone put one of those "on the go" signs in the ad racks at the information rack over there by the shelter by #81W that has the NF on it, that I always joke about the NW siders wondering what kind of bus that is. The sign looks old like someone put it there. At least someone has a sense of humor!! :lol:

Yeah. Now that is funny. :lol:

• 1 year later...

Just spotted a novabus artic on the kennedy going nw at addison. It was all white but the tail had a light green stripe on it. It went by so fast I couldn't see who it was for. I know Milwaukee has colors close to that but the green there is a little darker.

21 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Just spotted a novabus artic on the kennedy going nw at addison. It was all white but the tail had a light green stripe on it. It went by so fast could see who it was for. I know Milwaukee has colors close to that but the green there is a little darker.

They have a reference to their Facebook of a before and after decals of a hybrid artic. I don't know what customers they would have in that direction.

9 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

It sort of looked like this. Could've been a demo. The tailights strangely were not high up on the bus like the modern style but low and looked just like the LFS'. They don't make the LFS no more though right?

http://altoonabustest.psu.edu/buses/351

They all are LFS (unless LFX).Some MTA and SEPTA pictures. Subchat  SEPTA..

10 minutes ago, Busjack said:

They all are LFS (unless LFX).Maybe you can find some MTA or SEPTA pictures.

I was looking at Septa's seats. They almost look like the same plastic/fiberglass seats CTA has on the #8200's. They are blue too same shade. Please don't tell me they got inspired when inspectors saw the Septa buses. 9_9

When you sit down and try to figure this out this riddle, it wouldn't make sense to go to Canada if they are already up there at Novabus, not far from Buffalo. Anything north like Seatlle they would probably stlll go through Canada. So it only leaves something south like Milwaukee or Minneapolis. It more seems like a case of it coming from somewhere and not from around the great lakes.