Chicago Transit Forum: Bugs, Feedback, Questions

Kevin

The "Chicago Transit Forum" link on Chicagobus.org doesn't quite format properly when viewed in Firefox.

CTF.PNG

​Your browser might be caching an older version of the site's style information, which originally wasn't able to accommodate longer navigation titles.

​Your browser might be caching an older version of the site's style information, which originally wasn't able to accommodate longer navigation titles.

​I use Firefox (actually Waterfox) and I don't see a problem. The best I can figure out from your screen print.is that a bit of the button by the C is a bit darker. I'll post mine for comparison:

button.thumb.jpg.5e8aec1ba98410686a09294

If that's the case, refresh the page with Ctrl+F5. If that doesn't work, go to History and click "Clear history", and choose "Everything" for the time range. Then click "Details" and choose only the cache.

• Upvote 2

Due to an unexpected issue with a recent software upgrade, attachments posted prior to the Chicago Transit Forum transition are currently not available. This issue is being investigated.

Update: Fixed 2015-05-20.

Edited by Kevin

Due to an unexpected issue with a recent software upgrade, attachments posted prior to the Chicago Transit Forum transition are currently not available. This issue is being investigated.

​Sounds like the Lollipop issue with Samsung phones.... my advice if you have a Galaxy S5, Note Series phone, or any Samsung Smartphone currently running KitKat(4.4.4), Don't Upgrade if your phone says one is ready for install.

At least Kevin and the Forum team are looking into their issues.... Samsung, however, is aware of the issues with Lollipop(force closing apps, overheating phones, quick-draining batteries), but has yet to apply a patch for it or seem to show care to the consumer...

Rant aside and apologies for being OT, you and your team are doing a great job, Kevin. :)

• Kevin unfeatured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there any way I can do an advanced search of the forum topics and posts? For example I was trying to search for posts by me to see if I was repeating information, but the closest thing I got was the drop down menu next to the search bar, which had a "User" selection. Will that do what I want?

Update: The search bar changed, and now there's an "Advanced Search" option.

Update: The search bar changed, and now there's an "Advanced Search" option.

​Also, if that isn't good enough, you can do a Google search with site:chitransit.org + [search terms].

But this search is much better than the old one.

Occasionally when accessing the forums via bookmark/favorites bar, the little area where I can click to access my profile is missing like I'm logged out, and the sign in button is there. In fact, the site also allows me to log back in without a hitch. However the member list says I'm an active user, and if I click on a forum category, I'm logged back in and the Sign In button is back to being my profile link.

Occasionally when accessing the forums via bookmark/favorites bar, the little area where I can click to access my profile is missing like I'm logged out, and the sign in button is there. In fact, the site also allows me to log back in without a hitch. However the member list says I'm an active user, and if I click on a forum category, I'm logged back in and the Sign In button is back to being my profile link.

​I've recently been occasionally seeing this as well. I'll see what I can find out.

As a general update, the developers are working on some improvements to the post editor to improve performance (particularly on mobile) and improve the quoting engine. Timeframe is a few weeks.

​I've recently been occasionally seeing this as well. I'll see what I can find out.

As a general update, the developers are working on some improvements to the post editor to improve performance (particularly on mobile) and improve the quoting engine. Timeframe is a few weeks.

​I just had something similar. I save the cookie for chitransit, but when first accessing it had me as not logged in. Instead of logging in, I just closed and reopened the browser, and it recognized me.

Also, I hope the developers are paying you to debug their software.

Update: Just happened again, but hitting refresh was sufficient.

Edited by Busjack

I just had something similar. I save the cookie for chitransit, but when first accessing it had me as not logged in. Instead of logging in, I just closed and reopened the browser, and it recognized me.

Also, I hope the developers are paying you to debug their software.

Update: Just happened again, but hitting refresh was sufficient.

Their support team does all the heavy lifting.

Just installed some updates. It may or may not fix the logged in issue. Let me know if it still happens.

When I try linking to something old in the forum, using what's in the share box of the other post, by using the link tool, such a link, I'm getting

error.thumb.jpg.75a101ec70af07b4130d1d20

However, when I just pasted the link into the message, I got the linked post.

But strangely, when I just paste the link here, I get the post embedded.

The link at issue is

http://chitransit.org/topic/2976-pace-responds-to-ctas-crowd-reduction-plan/?do=findComment&comment=40301

Anyway, the post to which I am referring is the last one I posted in the "If I ran transit" topic, which is http://chitransit.org/topic/3440-if-i-ran-transit-for-one-day/?do=findComment&comment=76388http://chitransit.org/topic/3440-if-i-ran-transit-for-one-day/?do=findComment&comment=76388 and the link tool quit working in this post.

Update: Try link tool once more. Tool now accepts the url, but doesn't direct properly.

Edited by Busjack

The problem I mentioned above with the link tool is still happening, especially with links to other chitransit.org posts.

At the moment, I used a browser addin that created a tinyurl to try to work around it.

Also, as sw noted, the changeover seems to have obliterated embedded links made before the forum software was upgraded.

The problem I mentioned above with the link tool is still happening, especially with links to other chitransit.org posts.

At the moment, I used a browser addin that created a tinyurl to try to work around it.

Also, as sw noted, the changeover seems to have obliterated embedded links made before the forum software was upgraded.

Thanks, I'll have the support team look into these.

• 2 weeks later...

Please let me know if you're still experiencing the issue with the link tool.

Support is investigating the attachment problem.

Please let me know if you're still experiencing the issue with the link tool.

Support is investigating the attachment problem.

By using the term "embedded," I might have misled you that it was an attachment problem, while the real problem was that somehow links lost their urls.

For instance, if you look at this post, the "auction site" link is to the same topic, not to wherever the government surplus auction was.

By using the term "embedded," I might have misled you that it was an attachment problem, while the real problem was that somehow links lost their urls.

For instance, if you look at this post, the "auction site" link is to the same topic, not to wherever the government surplus auction was.

But at least the link "this post" worked this time.

Thanks. Are you aware of any other instances where this has occurred? I've looked through some other old posts but haven't found any additional occurrences.

Thanks. Are you aware of any other instances where this has occurred? I've looked through some other old posts but haven't found any additional occurrences.

It was mostly a matter of my having remembered it coming up, and looking at topics with a long enough ago start date and finding that one. I'm not having too much luck, except that the links in this topic seem to all have been converted to the topic, instead of whatever were the separate references for Adelman's and Sims, for instance.