Metra Electric in Train Simulator 2015

nlewis7000

hello every one. first of all, I would like to thank the administrators for adding me. I am introducing to you my project. the Metra Electric Route. all tracks are laid to all three branches, complete with stations. and, as a bonus, all tracks are laid and stations added for the South Shore Line to the South Bend Airport Terminal. with this route, I also hope to have route specific trains for it. here is a screen shot if one of the trains I am building. the old Illinois Central Pullman cars.

2015-05-18_00019.jpg

• Upvote 2

inside this cab of this train is a masterpiece of a dashboard. I must say, technology has come a very long way since the days of the old Microsoft train simulator of 15 years ago. these two pictures show the ATC cutout. when this train is not on it's home rails, the system will limit the train's speed to 15 mph.

2015-05-18_00003.jpg

2015-05-18_00002.jpg

approaching McCormack Place. we are now running as a express. back in the Day (1969), this would be called the Mattesson Special.

​Unless you are modeling the green cars, just about all 100s and 700s run express.

inside this cab of this train is a masterpiece of a dashboard. I must say, technology has come a very long way since the days of the old Microsoft train simulator of 15 years ago. these two pictures show the ATC cutout. when this train is not on it's home rails, the system will limit the train's speed to 15 mph.....

​trainman would know better, but no indication that Metra has ATC. Now, if you can go into the future and put in Positive Train Control, but no indication that even Orseno can do that in time.

​trainman would know better, but no indication that Metra has ATC. Now, if you can go into the future and put in Positive Train Control, but no indication that even Orseno can do that in time.

​in the simulator, I selected the M8s because they run excellent (read challenging). because there are no Chicago specific equipment available as of yet, I use what I have. so I have to cut out the ATC. I noted it for those readers who may not be familiar with TS 2015. :)