Pace/CTA North Shore Coordination Plan

2 hours ago, jajuan said:

From the sounds of things so far, outside of @Busjack's point about the 422 still serving it, CTA will still provide service during weekday rush periods through the 54A until such time that route is replaced by Pace's future 641 Edens BOS route. 

Which would be in about a year, and my reading of the proposal is that the terminals are still undetermined.

I was only considering the imminent termination of 205, but, in any event, unless  that public forum participant got a different answer, some transfer at Old Orchard will be necessary.

Note that connections to other suburban courthouses exist, but aren't much better, such as that Maybrook  is served only by 320, and Rolling Meadows maybe by 696.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Pace just posted the new schedules for the 208 (map) & 213 (map).

It will go in effect one week from Sunday for the 208, and the following day for the 213.

The interesting thing here (and what I didn't figure), is that the ETHS trips (Church/Dodge) continue to Winnetka.Still maintains about half hour frequency on the combined Northbrook Court/Highland Park portion. As good as rush hour currently on each branch, and better than off peak on each branch.

Ridge/Green Bay don't get service between Church and Ashland on the Dodge trips, but I suppose that is of consequence only if you are going to Hecky's. I'm surprised there isn't a letter assigned to those trips on the map (for the corresponding bus stop signs).

The map also doesn't say how the Winnetka buses turn around in Winnetka.

One new thing pointed out in the notice is

At Davis CTA Station, Route 213 will not operate on Benson Ave. Riders who wish to access Davis CTA Station can use bus stops at Church St./Benson Ave. (southbound) and Davis St./Benson Ave. (northbound).

In short, it will be like the current 205.

13 hours ago, ethan2226 said:

Will the 206 stay at Forest Glen or move to North Park beginning Monday, August 13?

Will North Park only handle the school trips on the 206 or all 206 trips after the 205 elimination?

Again, what makes you repeatedly post this? It's clear that FG is losing 205. So why do you think it will lose 206?

Besides that, it was pointed out at the Pace Board meeting and noted here that the CTA pick is not on Monfay. And the route 205 page says

Service alerts

There are no active or scheduled alerts at this time.

Not even on the Upcoming Bus Alerts page.

There would be if the route is being cancelled August 13.

49 minutes ago, ethan2226 said:

Maybe the 206 would move to North Park after the 54A is eliminated?

Again, what makes you think that? FG will be down about 10 drivers once 205 is cancelled, should it lose another 20 jobs (10 on 54A and 10 on 206, my estimates)?

Explain your position, as required by the Community Guidelines.

• 2 weeks later...

I checked out Winnetka this morning, and, as should have been predicted, the sign programming was messed up. No southbound bus showed Howard CTA, but instead showed 213 WINNETKA via|/213 CHURCH/DODGE|213 GREEN BAY/OAK or 213 HIGHLAND PARK, including one bus southbound in Glencoe showing the Winnetka reading.

In Winnetka, the loop is east Oak, north Lincoln, west Elm, and south Green Bay, laying over at the library. While the sign did not change, Miss Pace said "Route 213 south to Howard CTA Station."

Route 206 question: Is there any reasoning the split route on Dodge and Ridge? Seems like the Ridge service is a 201 that skips Downtown Evanston and runs in the reverse-commute direction. 

I guess I'm also curious to the need for the 206 as it basically overlaps the 93 and 97. Is there that much demand for a service from Dodge Ave to the Howard Red Line?

3 minutes ago, Tcmetro said:

Route 206 question: Is there any reasoning the split route on Dodge and Ridge? Seems like the Ridge service is a 201 that skips Downtown Evanston and runs in the reverse-commute direction. 

I guess I'm also curious to the need for the 206 as it basically overlaps the 93 and 97. Is there that much demand for a service from Dodge Ave to the Howard Red Line?

First seems to be for St. Francis Hospital.

The rest seems basically that there is enough ridership to ETHS. CTA recently cut back the hours, but did not eliminate the service.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

https://www.transitchicago.com/travel-information/alert-detail/?AlertId=51279

First part of the NSCP takes place today. I expect the system maps (at least for CTA, can't guess for RTA) will probably be updated around middle of September

The more interesting question is that since the 206 schedule is up, and the school trips don't seem to interline with anything, whether someone's often repeated assertions about what will serve it have any merit.

My other question, which certainly isn't unique to 206,but basically applies to any route with school trips, is why one day a week is different?

11 minutes ago, Busjack said:

The more interesting question is that since the 206 schedule is up, and the school trips don't seem to interline with anything, whether someone's often repeated assertions about what will serve it have any merit.

My other question, which certainly isn't unique to 206,but basically applies to any route with school trips, is why one day a week is different?

When I was in high school way back, Thursdays were a slightly different  schedule.   That was the day we had extended  homeroom. Or division  as it was called  then.  The extended homeroom shortened each class period, not including lunch periods by a few minutes this altering the end times of the day.  That in turn probably adjusted the school trips accordingly. 

12 minutes ago, Busjack said:

My only guess is professional development days, which alter the schedule. But I don't know how often these schools schedule PD days, and if they're always on Monday (Like ETHS is)

3 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

My only guess is professional development days, which alter the schedule. But I don't know how often these schools schedule PD days, and if they're always on Monday (Like ETHS is)

From the Pace schedule, one of the trips is for both New  Trier East and ETHS.

I  don't know what they are for, but I doubt there is professional development each week. But it has been a long time since  I went to high school.

12 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

https://web.archive.org/web/20011118230251/http://www.transitchicago.com:80/maps/maps/F2001N.html

Looking at the old Evanston routes, I honestly have to wonder how it took this many years to come up with a comprehensive reform plan

IMO, the 2003 plan was a mistake.

Something must have finally kicked CTA in the head to stop competing with Pace. Maybe the Crowd Reduction Plan was the first step in that direction, although CTA wouldn't admit it at first.