Fox Valley Division - Changes & Restructuring

MetroShadow

It comes down to money.

And, as also indicated, the survey, which basically indicated that people were only interested in 530 and the proposed Indian Trail route (I thought it was 722, but apparently not).

Edited by Busjack

That 722 Yorktown Naperville bus may do pretty good. Maybe extended some service to Oakbrook

Based on the map , the route is (1) rather long, and (2) connected to routes to Oakbrook [basically makes it duplicitious and you want to avoid that]. Basically, you'd have to run another bus to make that work.

Edited by MetroShadow

That 722 Yorktown Naperville bus may do pretty good. Maybe extended some service to Oakbrook

Depends on whether they are assuming someone will transfer to 322 at Branding, or an eventual ART there.

Update: Come to think about it, that may be why the route number has 22 in it.

Edited by Busjack

I wonder why choose 722 opposed to 522, a geographical number since its a Fox Valley route? 

It gets back to I thought that it was the Indian Hill bus, but wasn't. Since it runs from Naperville to Yorktown, it is a DuPage county route, not any different than 714, which is also run by Fox Valley, although theoretically different from 711 and 715 run by MV.

I wonder why choose 722 opposed to 522, a geographical number since its a Fox Valley route? 

The old 522 covered the Montgomery Avenue to Settler's Landing in Montgomery to S. Lake Street, not that anyone would remember it. Jack's point makes sense since most of the other DuPage routes are in the 700 range to start with.

Edited by MetroShadow
  • Upvote 1

Yeah that make sense. It looks like its the south west part of the Pace futuristic J route.

I thought of that about 10 seconds before reading your post. What I think the ultimate issue with the J route is is that there would be no generation of passenger traffic (including in the plans) on Ill 83.

• 4 weeks later...

It helps to run a search. Or the website. Basically everything on the West Side of the service area will be done first.

I don't see where it says what it will implement on Oct. 26, just that it was reacting to public comment. People are not going to complain about additions.

This is also the first time I've seen anything about Station Blvd., which is apparently north of Fox Valley Mall.

I don't see where it says what it will implement on Oct. 26, just that it was reacting to public comment. ...

The Public Hearing Results page does state the order or implementation:

10/26: New 540, SE Aurora C&R, and the fixed route modifications and terminations.

Late 2015/early 2016: Naperville-Aurora C&R, 559.

No mention of 722.

BTW, this RTA page provides a brief summary of the Station Blvd. plan. One would have thought that Pace and Aurora would have cooperated on this, since it seems to be another Route 59 station feeder, but maybe Pace is waiting for someone else to pay for it.

Sounds like Aurora 's plan is for a rush hour feeder exclusively for Station Blvd. Why not simply reroute 534 down Station Blvd instead of Commons/Meridian since the latter routing is on commercial streets that likely don't generate ridership (for a Metra feeder, at least). That would keep cost down even if an additional trip or two is needed to handle the extra riders.

Sounds like Aurora 's plan is for a rush hour feeder exclusively for Station Blvd. Why not simply reroute 534 down Station Blvd instead of Commons/Meridian since the latter routing is on commercial streets that likely don't generate ridership (for a Metra feeder, at least). That would keep cost down even if an additional trip or two is needed to handle the extra riders.

The point with all these RTA planning grants is basically to pay consultants, not accomplish anything. In this case, Pace is apparently waiting for Aurora to decide something, which (it appears from the Pace newsletter and cited RTA page, which refers to a public private partnership) might be a trolley for which private interests pay.

• 3 weeks later...

Still no word on 722, I see. Perhaps they've changed their mind on that route. I guess it's possible that the decision to keep 532 as a rush hour route may have resulted in not enough vehicles available for 722.

Just because 532 maintains its route (peak only) doesn't mean that it effects 722. 

(Hint: how many buses would it take to run 722 at 30 or 60 headways? And are you confident you need to rely on FV?)