CTA bus simulator releasing soon

Jruff32

Ok, I looked at the game(s) I'd need via Steam(OMSI 2: Steam Edition and OMSI 2: Chicago Downtown), and it comes to $54.98 without tax(I figure tax will put me closer to $60). I never really done any game purchases where you buy it and they download the files to you. Personally, I'd rather be able to go to Target, Best Buy or even Wal-Mart and buy the DVD's of these, but it looks like it's exclusively online only. My concern about buying downloadable games is of course spending the money only to find a file is corrupted or missing and the game will not run. Are you now out that money since you bought the game?

That's one concern.... now Steam seems secure for giving credit card info, as it's an https: site, but why does it require a phone number in addition to your credit card info to purchase? I've bought things online before, and aside from pizza delivery, I've never needed to give out my phone number.

Also, after I purchase these games, do I have to do anything special, or do I just access the OMSI 2: Chicago Downtown and it'll recognize I have OMSI 2 and open the game?

Ok, I looked at the game(s) I'd need via Steam(OMSI 2: Steam Edition and OMSI 2: Chicago Downtown), and it comes to $54.98 without tax(I figure tax will put me closer to $60). I never really done any game purchases where you buy it and they download the files to you. Personally, I'd rather be able to go to Target, Best Buy or even Wal-Mart and buy the DVD's of these, but it looks like it's exclusively online only. My concern about buying downloadable games is of course spending the money only to find a file is corrupted or missing and the game will not run. Are you now out that money since you bought the game?

That's one concern.... now Steam seems secure for giving credit card info, as it's an https: site, but why does it require a phone number in addition to your credit card info to purchase? I've bought things online before, and aside from pizza delivery, I've never needed to give out my phone number.

Also, after I purchase these games, do I have to do anything special, or do I just access the OMSI 2: Chicago Downtown and it'll recognize I have OMSI 2 and open the game?

Steam won't do anything with your phone number, it's a very reputable platform. Also, you can redownload Steam games you own infinitely on any computer, so corrupted files isn't something you should have to worry about. Just redownload. Also, as of this month, if the game doesn't work for you, you can get a full refund through Steam.

Ok, I bought the game and tried it out.... but it's going to take some getting used to, I guess...

-The mouse movement is touchy as anything... I had that poor Bus Operator looking upside-down at the ceiling of the bus! Can the game be ran on just the keyboard alone?

-I don't seem to be able to get the bus to move.... I disengaged the parking brake and put the bus in "D", but all it does is rev.... no movement. I tried doing the old Bus Operator trick of switching "N" to "D" and then trying... nothing. I even tried "R". Eventually the bus killed itself with a Low Air message and the battery light. I couldn't get it to start again. How do I fix that? I pressed the button with the wrench on it, but no menu came up and the bus sat dead. I had to go to a new game and get a new bus.

-I got to sign into the clever device, though I had to strain to see the user ID and password. I didn't see a run number however... is there a way to zoom in on things? I tried the tutorial, but that didn't seem to help and crashed the game on me.

Update: Ok, I got the bus moving, finally(different bus, the dead battery bus I abandoned. If anyone knows how to fix a dead battery bus in the game, please share). But it's a beast to operate with the keyboard(I ran over someone I guess trying to drive the bus when I jumped the curb a bit at Navy Pier).... Anyone have any thoughts on this control problem? Also, I didn't get a "K" run for the bus. Just a username and password for the Clever Device box. I saw where I think it's supposed to go on the yellow sticker. It says enter K_____ and that was it, not three numbers after that...

Well, I made the choice of requesting a refund today. The game was crashing, the buses continued to have dead battery issues, another one didn't want to move.... this game could have potential, and I really wanted to give it a try and like it, but the gameplay was very difficult. The bus was challenging to control, I was having a hard time just moving the head of the operator to view the controls to the left of him/her(most of the time, he ended up looking up at the ceiling). I don't know how you other OMSI simulator owners are doing with this game, but it's too glitchy and problematic for me.

It's not ts2015 that's for sure. That's alot better game. I played OMSI 2 myself on someone else's computer that I have access to and I had a hard time getting the bus going. Your supposed to hit 'E" I think. Turning the power on. Wait for the pressure to build up. Red light on the dash is supposed to stop flashing. Hit M for turning on the motor, hit semicolon or comma to release the brakes and hit 8 number pad to take off. Alot of times you don't go in gear. Now you know how if feels to drive an old bus!! :P They need a simple drive feature that you just drive. TS2015 has that but I forget what's it's called. I never have tried the Chicago map on OMSI 2 yet. I probably will in time. So far I'm getting my fun watching those youtube videos i linked.  You have to learn these things I guess. I'm still trying to figure out the steam trains in TS2015 on hills, you can get completely stopped, loading my butt off with coal doesn't help either and you have to be careful or you'll run out of water.

Here's my review for OMSI 2: Chicago Downtown:

• Graphics: 8/10(Awesome job with buses exterior and interior. City was ok, but a little glitchy at times. A Crown Vic ended up inside of my parked bus where I put it when I shut it down for the night)
  • Sound: 10/10(Amazing sounds for the bus. Brake release sound, bus startup, drive of the bus sounded just like a D40LF. Didn't hear the "Stop Request" chime as I never drove a route, but demos sounded promising
  • Control/Gameplay: 3/10(This is the saddening part.... The controls were very difficult(keyboard controls were difficult to use/find. Mouse was super sensitive. The bus at times just didn't move, like the transmission or parking brake was stuck on, even though I clearly disengaged it. Two buses totally stopped dead with battery issues, and I was unable to get the buses fixed even pressing the wrench icon did nothing, bus still had a dead battery.
  • Fun Factor: 3/10(It could've been so much better. I wished it was.... this was a great game in appearance, if only the operative engine would've been just as good.... sad and disappointing.)
  • Overall: 4/10(For me, it was more of a great look, but not-so-great gameplay. I really wanted this to work.... the demos looked promising.... the sounds were awesome, but the controls, glitches and crashing did it for me.... I'd like to see this game get revamped with better controls and smoother graphics that don't glitch out, become a standalone game and be available in DVD format so you can buy it at places like Target, Best Buy or Walmart and install directly from a disk to your computer.

Forum members who have OMSI 2: Chicago Downtown, please give your insight and review. While mine was subpar, maybe you had a better experience with this game.

It's not ts2015 that's for sure. That's alot better game. I played OMSI 2 myself on someone else's computer that I have access to and I had a hard time getting the bus going. Your supposed to hit 'E" I think. Turning the power on. Wait for the pressure to build up. Red light on the dash is supposed to stop flashing. Hit M for turning on the motor, hit semicolon or comma to release the brakes and hit 8 number pad to take off. Alot of times you don't go in gear. Now you know how if feels to drive an old bus!! :P They need a simple drive feature that you just drive. TS2015 has that but I forget what's it's called. I never have tried the Chicago map on OMSI 2 yet. I probably will in time. So far I'm getting my fun watching those youtube videos i linked.  You have to learn these things I guess. I'm still trying to figure out the steam trains in TS2015 on hills, you can get completely stopped, loading my butt off with coal doesn't help either and you have to be careful or you'll run out of water.

I have driving simulators which are meh in graphics but great on gameplay. I have a game called Hard Truck 18 Wheels Of Steel. Graphics are fair, but gameplay is pretty good. It's easy to operate the truck and deliver the trailer. I never tried TS2015 to say how good or bad it was.

If it wasn't for the non-moving buses and bus that suddenly quits and battery conks out, it might've been worth the $60. I just wasn't having a fun time with it. I couldn't even get a run for the route(s). The sticker on the left of the dash consisted of the following:

User ID: 1234

Password: 1234

Run Number: K____. Now there should've been three numbers after the "K" so I could program a destination code into the sign of the bus and start a run. As it was, all I could do was drive around Chicago empty with no passengers or destination. But if you go beyond the map parameters, the game gets really laggy until you go back into the map.

Funny note: On Bus #1701 which I had in the garage that was totally stuck(released parking brake and put it in "D" with no response, just rev of engine). I put it in "D", switched between "D" and "N" and back to "D".... nothing. Tried "R"..... nothing. I set the parking brake, lowered the bus and deployed the wheelchair ramp, stowed it, and released the parking brake and put it in "D".... no movement, just rev. I put it in "R"..... nothing but revving. When I put the brakes on, the motor quit running and the "Low Oil" and Battery lights came on. I turned the bus off and back to "Day Run". The lights came on and the buzzer sounded, but when I tried to start the bus..... click....click.....click, and "Low Oil" and battery light remained on.

I have driving simulators which are meh in graphics but great on gameplay. I have a game called Hard Truck 18 Wheels Of Steel. Graphics are fair, but gameplay is pretty good. It's easy to operate the truck and deliver the trailer. I never tried TS2015 to say how good or bad it was.

If it wasn't for the non-moving buses and bus that suddenly quits and battery conks out, it might've been worth the $60. I just wasn't having a fun time with it. I couldn't even get a run for the route(s). The sticker on the left of the dash consisted of the following:

Run Number: K____. Now there should've been three numbers after the "K" so I could program a destination code into the sign of the bus and start a run. As it was, all I could do was drive around Chicago empty with no passengers or destination. But if you go beyond the map parameters, the game gets really laggy until you go back into the map.

Funny note: On Bus #1701 which I had in the garage that was totally stuck(released parking brake and put it in "D" with no response, just rev of engine). I put it in "D", switched between "D" and "N" and back to "D".... nothing. Tried "R"..... nothing. I set the parking brake, lowered the bus and deployed the wheelchair ramp, stowed it, and released the parking brake and put it in "D".... no movement, just rev. I put it in "R"..... nothing but revving. When I put the brakes on, the motor quit running and the "Low Oil" and Battery lights came on. I turned the bus off and back to "Day Run". The lights came on and the buzzer sounded, but when I tried to start the bus..... click....click.....click, and "Low Oil" and battery light remained on.

Maybe it is the business in the real world about if the driver doesn't log into the Clever Device, the bus doesn't move.

Or maybe the game is just messed up.

As I indicated last night, I wouldn't pay $60 for a game where the graphics were demonstratively inaccurate (although that was the RTS version).

Maybe it is the business in the real world about if the driver doesn't log into the Clever Device, the bus doesn't move.

Or maybe the game is just messed up.

As I indicated last night, I wouldn't pay $60 for a game where the graphics were demonstratively inaccurate (although that was the RTS version).

The game manual mentioned how one has to log in to drive. I just learned how to operate the bus the way the game says to, as I was assuming it was pretty accurate. No shortcuts for me. Real bus drivers don't have keyboard shortcuts. :P

As I mentioned before, my biggest gripe with the game is the incomplete Lower Wacker, and the single decker Lake Shore Drive bridge.

...Forum members who have OMSI 2: Chicago Downtown, please give your insight and review. While mine was subpar, maybe you had a better experience with this game.

I gave more of a general review earlier, but I will say that the game does have its glitches. For example, you mentioned a car getting stuck inside your bus. The cars in this add-on are certainly very glitchy. I've accidentally hit one, or had one hit me, and they start jiggling and bouncing around, like they're having an issue with the model of the car hitting the model of the world. Also, there are parts of Kedzie Garage where my bus seems to hit something and just stop, but I can't see anything that would be an obstruction. And guess what? The bus starts bouncing around. >:(

The game manual mentioned how one has to log in to drive. I just learned how to operate the bus the way the game says to, as I was assuming it was pretty accurate. No shortcuts for me. Real bus drivers don't have keyboard shortcuts. :P

As I mentioned before, my biggest gripe with the game is the incomplete Lower Wacker, and the single decker Lake Shore Drive bridge.

I gave more of a general review earlier, but I will say that the game does have its glitches. For example, you mentioned a car getting stuck inside your bus. The cars in this add-on are certainly very glitchy. I've accidentally hit one, or had one hit me, and they start jiggling and bouncing around, like they're having an issue with the model of the car hitting the model of the world. Also, there are parts of Kedzie Garage where my bus seems to hit something and just stop, but I can't see anything that would be an obstruction. And guess what? The bus starts bouncing around. >:(

I did log into the Clever Devices what I could, as shown in the example here....

Run Number: K____.

My yellow sticker did not have any run number after the "K" to put in, however to set the route I was to be assigned to.

I did log into the Clever Devices what I could, as shown in the example here....

Run Number: K____.

My yellow sticker did not have any run number after the "K" to put in, however to set the route I was to be assigned to.

You get a run from the OMSI 2 timetable button in that button grid, not the bus. Once you select your run in the game, you enter it into the bus.

Also, my login in the game is completely different.

Remember that idea about the RTS, well.........

Nice. Did you happen to have a link for this bus add-on?

For starters, they would have to get rid of the parallelogram doors. Also, undoubtedly the bullseye logos (the logo on the back of the bus is correct, but the taillights are not; the modeler must have assumed an RTS03-06), the new priority seating stencils, the articulated NFs, the lack of exit numbers on the expressway signs, lack of any fleet number on the bus, no run number box, the Bus Tracker display on the bus shelter (apparently byproducted from the NF version), and apparently nobody paying fares. The doors, though are the most egregious error.

This, and sw's comments raise a substantive issue--does someone have to pay $50 for this without being able to modify the models? At least Briman gets to model his own train cars.

This is an add-on bus that another game-player modeled for other game maps, one notable one being a free fictional download off a few of the forums title "Highway" and based off Connecticut Transit express bus service between Hartford and New Haven. I saw a YouTube of that one using this same RTS or very similar one modeled in the blue colors of CT Transit. With the recent Chicago Downtown game add-on just going on sale not too long ago, that person or someone else might have decided to redress the RTS bus in Chicago transit colors and using the actual "CTA" blue circle logo (the two Chicago bus models that are default buses for the Chicago game map are label with "City" inside a red circle...also "city" in the game is pronounced as C-T-Y xD). It's not an original bus for the Chicago game add-on. As for the fleet numbers, the Chicago part of the game is actually unique in having the fleet number visible on all four sides of the bus as far as the two bus models that are default for the Chicago portion is concerned. All other bus models I've seen are defaulted by OMSI to show the fleet number on the rear of the bus in the right corner just below the window is located or would be located for buses with no rear window. As a matter of fact, OMSI doesn't put fleet numbers on the buses unless you select on of a specific fleet number to driver yourself or unless it's one of the AI buses driven by the computer that you encounter on the road while driving your own route.

This is an add-on bus that another game-player modeled for other game maps, one notable one being a free fictional download off a few of the forums title "Highway" and based off Connecticut Transit express bus service between Hartford and New Haven. I saw a YouTube of that one using this same RTS or very similar one modeled in the blue colors of CT Transit....

Which gets to my original question--can you or any user model an RTS-08 instead of an RTS-03, and then put CTA colors on it?

Which gets to my original question--can you or any user model an RTS-08 instead of an RTS-03, and then put CTA colors on it?

After any player learns to model a bus for OMSI, sure that person can. But like creating the game maps, it can get pretty involved and take more time than one might think. This is why you see a lot of players simply redress popular player modeled game buses they like with bus colors relevant to specific game map in this case the RTS for the Chicago map. The bus would either be their own which they share with other players on the game forums like they do game maps they create, or the bus would be one another player modeled but they got permission to revamp in new colors as long as they specify that the bus model itself was created by that other player and the color reworks are their own. I wouldn't be surprised if someone opted to redress a European MAN SL202 in Chicago transit colors upon taking note that the American version of that bus derived its most of its design from the European model after tiny bit of researched found the MAN SL 40-102 (Americana's more formal model name) was part of Chicago's transit past. 

Looking around YouTube, I see that a few players already modified the default Chicago buses as SEPTA (in the case of both the D40LFs and DE60LFs) and King County Metro buses (in the case of the DE60LFs) on a couple of OMSI 2 player created maps.

After carefully reviewing some YouTube videos, I'm utterly disappointed and will not get this add-on (even though I can get it for free :ph34r:). Like my God, "City" Chicago Traffic Authority instead of Cta??? What the hell??? O.o 

They sure didn't do SEPTA bogus like that! I didn't like the fact that they didn't have the bus numbers nor the route numbers in the back. The design isn't that bad but they really did made a complete mockery towards some business i.e. Bucks Coffee instead of Starbucks, Quiz Subs instead of Quiznos, Greycat instead of Greyhound (I literally died laughing when I saw that xD), etc. 

Also, the Clever Device monitors doesn't show the exact temperature inside and outside even though that would've been cool in reality! 

The was one video I saw with the RTS and the seating was awfully wrong. (Facing the back inside) The single seats were on the right side instead of the left. 

Holy moses, I don't even want to talk about the engine and acceleration sounds because it's a complete joke! :|

It's indeed glitchy but my concern is the inadequate UI.

The knock-off brands are the least concerning things about the game, and wouldn't be a reason for me to avoid it.  As mentioned, they probably didn't want to go through the hassle (or maybe they tried and were denied) of getting permission to use actual CTA logos and such.  Not to mention all the other commercial enterprises that would be unlikely to lend their name and logo for free, which is why they made up some knock-off names instead.  Frankly, that's fine.  (Even Grand Theft Auto, made by a company with tons of money and lots of development time that went into details and graphics, uses "24-Seven" as the convenience store name instead of 7-ELEVEn.)

Seating arrangement on the RTS is probably some third-party mod that designed the bus, with another third party that painted the outside.

The biggest problem I see with the game is that the graphics are about 10-15 years old.  The contrast between stuff that's drawn in the game vs. stuff that's just a graphic/image file pasted on a plain background is too obvious.  It reminds me of when I first bought Microsoft flight simulator in the late 1990s.  Looked absolutely cool and "realistic" back then, but today it's clearly dated.  That and that a couple videos I've seen show cars just driving through other cars as if they were some kind of plasma or gas rather than solid objects.

I'm not necessarily knocking the developers of the game, though.  I'm sure they put tons of time and effort, and it certainly is far better than I could do (I don't do computer graphics at all, and only know BASIC text-based programming, where the stuff I've done expects a text or data input, and will give a text or data output), and if this was released in the early 2000s, it would be absolutely stunning graphics.  I haven't looked into the company at all, but I'm assuming they're a relatively small firm with limited resources to take advantage of all of the latest in technology, and put together the best they could to appeal to those who want a fun simulator to play that looks "pretty real" and can overlook some of the graphical shortcomings of the game.

• Upvote 2

After carefully reviewing some YouTube videos, I'm utterly disappointed and will not get this add-on (even though I can get it for free :ph34r:). Like my God, "City" Chicago Traffic Authority instead of Cta??? What the hell??? O.o 

They sure didn't do SEPTA bogus like that! I didn't like the fact that they didn't have the bus numbers nor the route numbers in the back. The design isn't that bad but they really did made a complete mockery towards some business i.e. Bucks Coffee instead of Starbucks, Quiz Subs instead of Quiznos, Greycat instead of Greyhound (I literally died laughing when I saw that xD), etc. 

Also, the Clever Device monitors doesn't show the exact temperature inside and outside even though that would've been cool in reality! 

The was one video I saw with the RTS and the seating was awfully wrong. (Facing the back inside) The single seats were on the right side instead of the left. 

Holy moses, I don't even want to talk about the engine and acceleration sounds because it's a complete joke! :|

It's indeed glitchy but my concern is the inadequate UI.

Well SEPTA (and NJTransit by extension) didn't get shafted true. But the young developer of that particular free add-on simply plastered those logos on his bus mods without going through the steps of asking those agencies' permission. He happens to be a local Philadelphia resident IIRC yet still turned the tables on his city though and calls the city in his add-on Grundelphia, an imaginary SE Pennsylvania city modeled from and inspired by the real Philly and the imaginary Grundorf town that's automatically included in the base game. If you notice, he borrows some of the vehicles that have the knockoff names substituted for the FedEx and UPS from the Chicago game. Also his NFs wouldn't be accurate as SEPTA ones because he simply borrowed the Chicago versions and modified them by plastering the SEPTA livery on them, placing the roof mounted ACs on them, tweaking the engine to sound as close to a Detroit Diesel 50 as he could get them, and renumbering those buses to the numbers relevant to the SEPTA NFs powered by DD 50s. That's why the RTS bus someone presented in CTA colors isn't Chicago accurate. That person modified a third party RTS that another player modeled for Eastern USA themed free add-ons simply by changing the paint scheme to CTA colors.xD Now as for the King Metro colored buses, again those are the Chicago versions modified simply by recoloring them to Seattle colors and they aren't even used in a reimagining of Seattle. That person tweeked his European themed city called Winsenburg to use the Seattle livery buses as the main buses for that add-on city he created. And do cut these guys some slack because the developers of the base games OMSI 1 and the current OMSI 2, which is the specific base game you need for the Chicago game, are indeed a small team who put this thing together under limited resources on the one hand. Plus their use of simplified graphics is also somewhat deliberate on their part to make it easier for players of the game to model their own buses and towns and cities to simulate driving through without the need to be a serious computer graphics artist for any modifications you decide to try doing on your own after learning how from the manuals. The engine sounds of the various buses you can find for sharing are actually pretty good under those circumstances. 

• Upvote 1

... Now as for the King Metro colored buses, again those are the Chicago versions modified simply by recoloring them to Seattle colors and they aren't even used in a reimagining of Seattle. ...

At least that was justifiable, because a CTA bus (at least artic) is a Seattle bus, although the modeler might have goofed if he used the same seats.

As someone suggested in the "rejected artics" topic, someone could then model a Baltimore artic.

At least that was justifiable, because a CTA bus (at least artic) is a Seattle bus, although the modeler might have goofed if he used the same seats.

As someone suggested in the "rejected artics" topic, someone could then model a Baltimore artic.

True. Plus if it hasn't already been stated, the original game and its newest iteration OMSI 2 is a German developed game originally developed for German and other European game audiences. So you're going to see a lot of European buses more than you will American ones anyway. Most of the buses found are different MAN bus models, Neoplan, Mercedes Benz, Solaris and Ikarus to name a few. These guys don't have a lot of experience with American buses, outside of acknowledging that the SL 202 that a player modeled in the early OMSI 1 days was the inspiration for the Americana. So you're going to see a lot of oh this American city also had this particular bus, so I only need make minimal cosmetic changes to one that another player modeled and use it in this specific add-on some other third party developed using that specific city as inspiration.

True. Plus if it hasn't already been stated, the original game and its newest iteration OMSI 2 is a German developed game originally developed for German and other European game audiences. So you're going to see a lot of European buses more than you will American ones anyway. Most of the buses found are different MAN bus models, Neoplan, Mercedes Benz, Solaris and Ikarus to name a few. These guys don't have a lot of experience with American buses, outside of acknowledging that the SL 202 that a player modeled in the early OMSI 1 days was the inspiration for the Americana. So you're going to see a lot of oh this American city also had this particular bus, so I only need make minimal cosmetic changes to one that another player modeled and use it in this specific add-on some other third party developed using that specific city as inspiration.

And that's how I found the MAN SL sound bytes thanks to this game! xD

Well SEPTA (and NJTransit by extension) didn't get shafted true. But the young developer of that particular free add-on simply plastered those logos on his bus mods without going through the steps of asking those agencies' permission. He happens to be a local Philadelphia resident IIRC yet still turned the tables on his city though and calls the city in his add-on Grundelphia, an imaginary SE Pennsylvania city modeled from and inspired by the real Philly and the imaginary Grundorf town that's automatically included in the base game. If you notice, he borrows some of the vehicles that have the knockoff names substituted for the FedEx and UPS from the Chicago game. Also his NFs wouldn't be accurate as SEPTA ones because he simply borrowed the Chicago versions and modified them by plastering the SEPTA livery on them, placing the roof mounted ACs on them, tweaking the engine to sound as close to a Detroit Diesel 50 as he could get them, and renumbering those buses to the numbers relevant to the SEPTA NFs powered by DD 50s. That's why the RTS bus someone presented in CTA colors isn't Chicago accurate. That person modified a third party RTS that another player modeled for Eastern USA themed free add-ons simply by changing the paint scheme to CTA colors.xD Now as for the King Metro colored buses, again those are the Chicago versions modified simply by recoloring them to Seattle colors and they aren't even used in a reimagining of Seattle. That person tweeked his European themed city called Winsenburg to use the Seattle livery buses as the main buses for that add-on city he created. And do cut these guys some slack because the developers of the base games OMSI 1 and the current OMSI 2, which is the specific base game you need for the Chicago game, are indeed a small team who put this thing together under limited resources on the one hand. Plus their use of simplified graphics is also somewhat deliberate on their part to make it easier for players of the game to model their own buses and towns and cities to simulate driving through without the need to be a serious computer graphics artist for any modifications you decide to try doing on your own after learning how from the manuals. The engine sounds of the various buses you can find for sharing are actually pretty good under those circumstances. 

Ha! This is getting funnier than I thought! Grundelphia??? Oh my goodness!!! xD I mean hell, give the guy credit when it's due but I still can't stop laughing my butt off about "Greycat"! xD

The young guy who I mentioned made his own fictional SEPTA/NJTransit  themed map mentioned on YouTube that there's a team of folks modeling Americana buses for OMSI 2. Besides the RTS, I've seen a GM/NOVA Classic modeled and I just saw an early Fishbowl modeled, the ones that the old CTA 300s came from, that this young guy downloaded from them a few months ago to test out when he was still developing his free SEPTA add-on.