CTA bus simulator releasing soon

Jruff32

On 1/10/2016 at 0:10 PM, YoungBusLover said:

I might just but the game now since there's so many new bus and engine mods out now for this game. Didn't know there was a Nova LFS mod out until I saw it on YouTube the other day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzrmByRS9tg

There have always been a lot of bus mods to the game. The only thing that had to catch up was bus and engine mods for the New Flyer buses used in the Chicago add-on for the game. Keep in mind the Chicago add-on is not a game all by itself. You need the OMSI 2 base game to play the Chicago map.

On January 13, 2016 at 11:56 PM, jajuan said:

There have always been a lot of bus mods to the game. The only thing that had to catch up was bus and engine mods for the New Flyer buses used in the Chicago add-on for the game...

I haven't gotten around to looking for any mods for OMSI 2 since I'm having trouble with the base stuff on the Chicago map. I'll have to keep an eye on the Nova bus mod. I hope installing mods is as straight forward as Train Sim (just putting stuff in the right folders).

On 1/14/2016 at 1:02 AM, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

I haven't gotten around to looking for any mods for OMSI 2 since I'm having trouble with the base stuff on the Chicago map. I'll have to keep an eye on the Nova bus mod. I hope installing mods is as straight forward as Train Sim (just putting stuff in the right folders).

That's basically what you do. A few mods even automatically place themselves to the correct folders through .exe files.

• Upvote 1

Well here are a few freeware and payware map add-ons that I've used besides the Chicago add-on and base game map over the past several months since decided to buy the base game and Chicago add-on. I list some pros I've personally observed for each while playing. 

Chicago Downtown: Well who among us hasn't asked himself what it's like behind the wheel of a Chicago transit bus? xD

Newcastle Pro w/OMSI 2 patch: Nice suburban feel; good variety of routes to drive including limited stop express and a few route interlines

Projekt Gladbeck: Good scenery; good variety of driving conditions from 2 lane roads through rural and suburban style environments to larger multi-lane highways with a few routes even running in BRT like lanes buses share with light rail through the median of main roadways and one route even operating on its designated busway part of the way; vast variety of routes to pick from out about 35 including an express bus network and overnight owl service network as part of the line up

Berlin X10: Based around Berlin's real life route X10 limited stop express services with game experience similar to Gladbeck but minus the BRT like conditions Gladbeck provides in some areas though it does still feature designated bus lanes for some routes including the X10 for which the add-on is named

Berlin-Spandau Version 2.1: Modification of the Berlin-Spandau map of the base game with much larger variety of routes to choose from including a few limited stop express and a few overnight owl service

Bowdenham Version 4: This one uses the chrono feature that helps distinguish OMSI 2 from OMSI 1. You actually get to experience simulated conditions of how a transit system changes and evolves over time. The simulated time frame is 1980-2014. Good variety of routes and services over the course of the simulated 35 year service evolution; good suburban feel; the multitude of traffic circles will test and challenge your skills; the express services go beyond just being limited stop supplements of local routes, a few actually operate on an expressway (referred to as a motorway in the game content since this add-on is based on a UK environment except with right handed roads as opposed to Britain's left handed ones in real life)

Spandau Modern M&Z: Another modification of the base game Spandau map with a smaller route selection than Berlin Spandau 2.1; I like this one for the designated bus lanes through the busier portions of the map and the weekday interline of two of the add-on routes

I tried a few others as well. But as you can see from my short list OMSI 2 offers a good deal of variety based on one's different tastes. Like Chicago, Gladbeck and Berlin X10 are add-on that you pay for. The rest are free ones developed by other players, that I got off the OMSI game forums maintained by one of the base game's main developers.as well as another reputable OMSI game content and mod site Aussie.org. I drive all these mainly using the D40LF bus and sometimes the artic from the Chicago add-on with repaint mods I found along with a tweak to the depot (.hof) files to the Chicago bus so that calling up a route from the various maps is possible with the Chicago buses.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

Thanks, I'm happy it's that simple.

No problem. Yeah it's not too hard to add mods. If you got the game through Steam and because the mods and add-ons are traded as commpressed zipped files, most mods and add-on installations are as simple as using a good WINRAR file transfer program to direct them to this download string: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\OMSI 2. The mod and add-on files are generally structured in such a way that they will automatically go to the appropriate file folders in OMSI along that download path. Though in some cases you may need to further specify a particular folder under the main OMSI 2 folder.

• 2 weeks later...
On January 21, 2016 at 9:19 PM, jajuan said:

No problem. Yeah it's not too hard to add mods. If you got the game through Steam and because the mods and add-ons are traded as commpressed zipped files, most mods and add-on installations are as simple as using a good WINRAR file transfer program to direct them to this download string: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\OMSI 2. The mod and add-on files are generally structured in such a way that they will automatically go to the appropriate file folders in OMSI along that download path. Though in some cases you may need to further specify a particular folder under the main OMSI 2 folder.

OK, that's pretty straightforward. Though OMSI 2 has been glitching for some reason, so I haven't been very proactive in getting mods. I'll try to remember what you said. :)

On 1/30/2016 at 8:56 PM, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

OK, that's pretty straightforward. Though OMSI 2 has been glitching for some reason, so I haven't been very proactive in getting mods. I'll try to remember what you said. :)

Yeah though they've been getting better. I've found a lot of the glitching comes from mods that were originally created for OMSI 1 and modified for OMSI 2. OMSI 2 apparently picks up little errors in map and mod design that OMSI 1 wasn't as good in detecting. Hence the little encountered. Maps and mods created exclusively for OMSI 2 from scratch and not simply modified from OMSI 1 creations have worked better for me. Though the have been mod creators who are really good who've gotten their OMSI 1 creations to work great for OMSI 2.xD

• 2 months later...

Decided to share a few screenshots I took while playing OMSI 2 in recent weeks:

20160403125708_1.jpg

20160403125644_1.jpg

20160315192532_1.jpg

20160315191248_1.jpg

20160315191247_1.jpg

The first two are from the fictional map New Berlin 2.0 on the X90 express line using the the New Flyer D40LF from the Chicago add-on in the Chicago colors. The rest are from the fictional map Grundorf 2.0 on the 60 express line using a New Flyer D40LF that's modded for the Grundelphia fictional map and skinned in NYC MTA colors for NYC's Select Bus branded BRT style bus services.

• 1 month later...
On 8/10/2015 at 6:07 PM, jajuan said:

Well OMSI 2 does have a chrono feature which basically helps the simulate how services, real or fiction, on a given city map changes over time. So past CTA routes wouldn't be an issue to simulate. But routes like the 7, 126 and full length of 151 would be resource heavy and would take a lot of computer storage space and extra work placed on your computer's graphics capabilities due to the combination of their lengths and number of stops. 10, 134 and 143 are on the long side too for OMSI simulated routes but each of them having express nonstop zones along tree lined highways with fewer buildings along those express zones helps balance the internal computer resource issue.

I finally got my game for Christmas and I'm doing a run on a new route someone designed for the Downtown Chicago Add on. I'm also using a modified zf sound mod. The link to it and the profile of the one who made the map is listed along with the video

6 minutes ago, Mta_Donny said:

I finally got my game for Christmas and I'm doing a run on a new route someone designed for the Downtown Chicago Add on. I'm also using a modified zf sound mod. The link to it and the profile of the one who made the map is listed along with the video

Hmmm combination of 124 and 130?

5 minutes ago, Mta_Donny said:

And me playing with a New Flyer painted in JUTC colors in snow

And what's the link to this second one? Looks interesting.

4 minutes ago, Mta_Donny said:

Here's the link to the sound mod in my second video

http://www.omnibussimulator.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=27848&pageNo=1

And in answer to your first question, that could be a possibility 9_9

Sorry, I actually was referring to the map you drove the bus on. I already several cool sound mods especially some that were included from downloading Grundelphia, which as the name suggests is a modified merging of the Grundorf training map included in the base game and elements of Philadelphia.:P

On 5/5/2016 at 2:56 PM, jajuan said:

Sorry, I actually was referring to the map you drove the bus on. I already several cool sound mods especially some that were included from downloading Grundelphia, which as the name suggests is a modified merging of the Grundorf training map included in the base game and elements of Philadelphia.:P

My bad. Here it is

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v4k7dyaigkegyxm/AACDWcEBeIukKNa8tx0HrlDAa?dl=0

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Found this to be pretty cool.

That's about as jerky as a Channel 9 Tribune Tower cam shot last night, where an artic kept lurching. Must have been some digital skips.

• 3 weeks later...