Trivia Corner

I suppose 75th/Grand Crossing does count, thus there are two routes that fit the descriptions. 

ME has a station there, so it should count.

On the other hand, one of the clues was a diagonal street, and 26 isn't really on one. If one were counting ME stations, 71 runs parallel to the entire South Chicago branch, including on either side of the stations on 71st and Exchange. A short bit of it around Exchange is diagonal.

The route was in fact the 30 South Chicago. I probably should have specified major diagonals, since I tend to forget South Shore, Exchange and similar streets to run diagonal a bit. Congrats to all who got it!

Next Question:

1) This route serves 2 Red Line Stations with the same number in their name

2) The easternmost portion of this route runs directly parallel to Lake Michigan

This should be easy! 

The route was in fact the 30 South Chicago. I probably should have specified major diagonals, since I tend to forget South Shore, Exchange and similar streets to run diagonal a bit. Congrats to all who got it!

Next Question:

1) This route serves 2 Red Line Stations with the same number in their name

2) The easternmost portion of this route runs directly parallel to Lake Michigan

This should be easy! 

It's the N5 South Shore Night Bus.

• Upvote 2

Next bus route!

1) This route serves 4 Metra stations

2) This route is an express bus

You looking for exactly 4? Some like 2 and 28 serve at least 4 and maybe more, depending on how close you want to count.

Edited by Busjack

Does Jump count as express? Anyhow, you got 3 of the 4 correct, Bryn Mawr was not one of the Metra Stations

It isn't a local and it replaced the Jeffery Express so it is an express. Hence you still have an ambiguity in the question.

The South side seems to exceed 4, in that the Hyde Park area, by itself is 59, 57, 53, and 47. 28 only swaps Stony Island for Bryn Mawr. 26 is parallel to South Shore and Windsor Park.

I thought maybe 132, but that timetable has 5 stations (Clybourn, Ogilvie, Union, LaSalle, and Van Buren). Even if 134-136 arguably get you LaSalle and Union, they don't have anything else. 128 gets you 3 if you count 11th St., but it doesn't stop near LaSalle.148  again may get you 3 if you count 11th. 120, 121, and 125 get you 2, at most.

• Upvote 2

*Checks listing again to make sure he's correct this time*

So, barring the recent mishap, I have another route, with accurate clues this time

1) This route makes connections with exactly 5 Pace Bus routes

2) This route is roughly 7.1 miles long in the NB direction one-way

3) The northern terminus for this route is both a CTA & Metra Station

Edited by NewFlyerMCI

*Checks listing again to make sure he's correct this time*

So, barring the recent mishap, I have another route, with accurate clues this time

1) This route makes connections with exactly 5 Pace Bus routes

2) This route is roughly 7.1 miles long in the NB direction one-way

3) The northern terminus for this route is both a CTA & Metra Station

Sounds like 93, assuming that Davis is both a CTA and Metra station. Connects with 209, 215, and at Davis 208, 213, and 250.

• Upvote 2

Here's one I thought of while browsing the map.  I think there's only one answer, but if you can think of another one, I'll accept it.

What CTA bus route crosses the Red Line, but doesn't serve a Red Line station?

A couple points of clarification:

1) "Serving" a Red Line station means that there's a bus stop within 500 feet of a station entrance.

2) The downtown section (Chicago through Roosevelt) doesn't count for this answer (I'm only considering routings/stations outside of downtown)

Here's one I thought of while browsing the map.  I think there's only one answer, but if you can think of another one, I'll accept it.

1) "Serving" a Red Line station means that there's a bus stop within 500 feet of a station entrance.

2) The downtown section (Chicago through Roosevelt) doesn't count for this answer (I'm only considering routings/stations outside of downtown)

#73 Armitage

#80 Irving Park

Busjack, you are correct! Congrats! Time for the next one!

1) Certain early morning trips on this route start at Kimball

2) This route shares a WB terminal with 2 other routes along different portions of the same street. Said street is also a Blue Line Station

3) This route serves a major Chicago attraction

NeeFlyerMCI, the answer is the 65 Grand,  which serves Navy Pier.  The 73 and 74 have terminals along Grand.   Of course the Blue Line has a station on Grand at Halsted.

Sorry, that is incorrect. The schedule for the 73 lists the WB terminus as Latrobe, instead of Nordica. Also, no early morning trips (or any trips) on the 65 start at Kimball, since at that point, it becomes Homan. Furthermore, all of these routes would have to end at Nordica (or Latrobe) but at different streets (i.e. North/Nordica, Grand/Nordica, Diversey/Nordica)