CTA in Train Simulator

briman94

Something shiny, something new...

I'm surprised that you didn't use the signals the be under the tunnels i.e. the tunnel by London Kings Cross Station, tunnels between London-Victoria and Brighton, tunnels between Faversham, Gillingham, and Ebbsfleet.

I'm surprised that you didn't use the signals the be under the tunnels i.e. the tunnel by London Kings Cross Station, tunnels between London-Victoria and Brighton, tunnels between Faversham, Gillingham, and Ebbsfleet.

​The real question is whether they have "RED OVER RED STOP AND STAY."

What happens when you get bored and can't find any more ways to procrastinate on homework? You end up driving a 32-car 5000-series train through the Loop, that's what!

It derailed at the end because there was so much momentum that even going a mere 20MPH was enough to throw the whole thing over the edge. See the description of the video for more info.

​I needed the LOL today.

• Upvote 1

​I don't think they have the right signal aspects. The CTA has fairly unique diverging aspects so I decided to just make my own signals. I need to figure out what the 3-lens and 4-lens signals do too.

​The real question is whether they have "RED OVER RED STOP AND STAY."

​I don't think they have the right signal aspects. The CTA has fairly unique diverging aspects so I decided to just make my own signals. I need to figure out what the 3-lens and 4-lens signals do too.

Nope, not at all Busjack. Brian, the 4-lens signals represents the switch tracks and interlocks that have green signal on top, red as the second signal, yellow as third, and another red on the bottom. They're at all interlocks on the 95th branch, Congress Branch except Forest Park, some on the North Main Line between Armitage and Belmont, Paulina Junction, Douglas Branch, etc. This should help if you ever have reconsideration about them.

2015-06-07 11.41.51.jpg

Edited by garmon757

When do you think you will add the Marking Lights onto the trains?

Probably after finals week (this week).

Nope, not at all Busjack. Brian, the 4-lens signals represents the switch tracks and interlocks that have green signal on top, red as the second signal, yellow as third, and another red on the bottom. They're at all interlocks on the 95th branch, Congress Branch except Forest Park, some on the North Main Line between Armitage and Belmont, Paulina Junction, Douglas Branch, etc. This should help if you ever have reconsideration about them.

2015-06-07 11.41.51.jpg

​When do the different colors light up? Mainline is something over red, diverging is red over something, blocked is red over red. Do diverging paths have a "clear" aspect at all, or are they always at caution?

Probably after finals week (this week).

​When do the different colors light up? Mainline is something over red, diverging is red over something, blocked is red over red. Do diverging paths have a "clear" aspect at all, or are they always at caution?

​Most signals on the Main Line are always cautious - yellow. (Signal is Red 1st row - Yellow 2nd row - blank 3rd row). When it comes to switching to another track its (Blank 1 row - Yellow 2nd row - Red 3rd row). The signals with the green signal (like the one in the photo) are always green with no red signals lighting up until a train surpass it causing it to change to double red signals. It's rare to see the white signal unless there's an override.

2015-06-07 11.41.51.jpg

Edited by garmon757

​....

chicago-l.org has this explanation. The only thing I know is the sign under a signal cluster such as what Garmon posted (but apparently not that one).

• Upvote 1

​Nice! I like the detail on the trolley block. Are you going to smooth out the third rail shoe connector eventually?

​I might add some rounded corners, but I can do a lot just with textures. It's a relatively small part of the train that usually won't be seen up close, so having a lot of detail on it could impact performance, so most detail will be in the textures themselves.

​I might add some rounded corners, but I can do a lot just with textures. It's a relatively small part of the train that usually won't be seen up close, so having a lot of detail on it could impact performance, so most detail will be in the textures themselves.

​Oh OK. It's already better than the third rail equipment officially published on Steam anyways. :P

• Upvote 1

Hey Briman, I played your CTA route for the first time today, and holy crap I was blown away! Amazing job! What else have you been working on? Any new line projects?

​Thanks! I'm mainly working on the scenery aspect of stuff right now. I have the entire new version of the Brown Line done, on the version of the route just called "CTA." Once I get the signals looking right and working correctly I'm going to redo the Orange Line in the new route.

I was wondering. It says at the start to set your signs before you depart the terminal. Can you set the signs yourself and if so, how? I seem to have forgot how to do it. Or is this getting implemented in a future build?

​The newest scenario sets the signs for you, but yes, you can change them yourself. If you press J it will cycle forwards and Shift + J will cycle backwards through the available signs.

Forgive me for my ignorance on the subject (grad school does that), but does the program work on Steam (and if there is a workaround)?

Yeah, Train Simulator is on Steam. Not sure what you mean by workaround, but TS2015 is available both on and off Steam.