Addison/Blue line Rendering

BusHunter

15 minutes ago, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

Hopefully they finish the rest up at Addison. It would suck for the passengers to be stuck in work light limbo... :ph34r:

They still have lots to do there, the station is about 1/4 to half done. They're painting the canopy right now. They put the gray primer on the sb side and are working on the final coat, the nb looks complete. They tore out the ceiling at the stationhouse. Probably if they intend to have an elevator and a new CA booth there's lots of rewiring to do. They might even have to rewire the turnstiles. So it's a work in progress, they have huge lanterns or fixtures for light in the stationhouse right now but those are temporary. By fall it will all be done hopefully. They still have no glass at the platform's north end. They might have to order the skylight custom made, so that takes time as the glass is going to need a frame. Also the new entry stairs have not been touched and it will probably have another custom canopy there, so there's lots of work ahead. It almost seems like they might be a bit behind. 

On 4/27/2016 at 11:11 AM, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

Hopefully they finish the rest up at Addison. It would suck for the passengers to be stuck in work light limbo... :ph34r:

CTA must have been listening. I notice this weekend Addison has new lights installed on the platform.

let there be light 5-1-16.PNG

lights installed addison blue line closeup 4-30-16.PNG

Now let's get those train tracker signs operational. :P

40 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

CTA must have been listening. I notice this weekend Addison has new lights installed on the platform.

I saw that while on the Kennedy earlier tonight. I was like when did that happen?

Glad the CTA is listening! The lights look better from your shots.

On 5/2/2016 at 9:58 PM, BusHunter said:

let there be light 5-1-16.PNG

lights installed addison blue line closeup 4-30-16.PNG

Hooray, they finally got the Addison/blue line train tracker signs working!! I was looking on here to see when this was installed and all I can say is Aye Ye Ye!! 9_9xD (took them 4 years!!)

https://chitransit.org/topic/3024-train-tracker-sign-installation/#comment-40279

BTW, Harlem/Blue line still has empty brackets I believe. I think it's the only stop like that on the system unless Cumberland is that way too.

Now the last big thing that they are missing at Addison/Blue line besides the obvious (elevator Ha Ha) is a bus tracker sign. Every stop has one served by buses except here, and that one at the eastbound shelter is just no fair. What about us WB riders?? :D

Wow, they actually hooked up the Harlem O'Hare/blue line train tracker signs too. The only thing is the signs are way down at the 6 or 8 car mark at the west end of the platform. You need your binoculars to see when the train's coming!! 9_9 (no kidding) The empty brackets are still without a sign. I wonder if Cumberland's working? For some reason they totally didn't install any brackets at Rosemont, so I guess we'll have to dial the psychic friends network there. Belmont/blue has no tracker signs either. That's two stops that are totally out in left field.

• 1 month later...

Looks like they might be putting in the stair case this weekend. They got this crazy looking gang plank you have to walk over to get to the platform and I noticed they trimmed the sides off the platform towards the escalator entrance like the glass wall will be extended. They took down fright fest, that wall they had over the escalator in the mezzanine and they got this crazy looking booth at the Addison mezzanine entrance like you would see at a carnival. Maybe it's a temporary CA booth. I would have liked to take pictures but my phone died. -_-

At Montrose they finished up the platform. It's all concrete and even in the mazzanine it looks to be concrete. I need to look more closely at this station this weekend. The transfer bridge to EB #78 has also been concreted but I don't know if the eb waiting area has been done but it probably has. It looks like it's open. Funny they didn't announce or start platform number 3 yet. o.O

On 6/11/2016 at 8:37 AM, Busjack said:

ABC7 just said some worker was electrocuted at Addison.

Here's the story that was mentioned in the other thread (Your new Blue)

http://wgntv.com/2016/06/11/cta-employee-dies-after-falling-on-blue-line-tracks/

If you watch the video, (as I don't know how long WGN will have it up) they show a quick clip of this quirky looking CA booth. I'm not sure if they show the gangplank on the platform or not.

I went by there yesterday and the booth was being installed, (yes they removed the old one) it looks bigger but I think it's just a temporary one, that's probably why it looks so quirky. I guess I'll be taking pictures of the completed work.

Here's some shots of Addison blue line while the mezzanine is undergoing heavy maintenance.

First I had to get a shot of the crazy temp CA booth. What they did was cover up the old one with plywood and now this little white box is the fully functional CA booth. If you look it's still on the wooden pallet it was shipped on.addison blue crazy ca booth 6-14-16.PNG

Once you enter the mezzanine it's like wow what happened everywhere is boarded up and it like a huge construction site now. Only the stairs and fare area are accessible right now

addison mezzanine under heavy construction 6-14.PNG

addison barracade around stairs.PNG

Once you go downstairs you can see this crazy wooden plank/bridge. it reminds me of a country bridge that you have to wait for cross traffic to cross. This must be a blast in the rush hour.

addison narrow bridge ahead.png

addison walk the plank 6-14-16.PNG

As you can see the escalator is now closed

addison escalator closed 6-14.PNG

I tried to capture what they are doing under the bridge maybe we can make it out. They have chopped off the edges of the platform and it looks like they intend to stretch the glass partition down to the gray piers here. That's the gravel you see. Don't quite get why they have a gap/hole in the platform and are using the bridge, but maybe it has something to do with the stair installation, but you can see the holes about a foot wide.  

addison platform cut 6-14-16.PNG

• Upvote 2

Well it's a big weekend at Addison blue line, they are finally installing the stairs. And of course I'm providing the sneak preview while construction was in progress. They also tore out the old CA booth so it's gone. (I left that pic high res so if you want to look inside you can zoom it) They were trying to board up the stairs, don't ask me why they look good and had railings. Looks like there is nowhere to walk besides the staircase yet, because they tore out along the platform at the stairs base, You can examine that in the 3rd pic. Everyone must be using the stair this week as I think they don't have time to build up next to the stairs.

new stairs installed at addison 6-19-16.PNG

no ca booth.png

stair base pic and tarp on 3rd rail 6-19-16.PNG

They must have killed the power cause how can a tarp be on the 3rd rail and not arch? The guy was walking over the 3rd rail, probably out of habit as it's a good habit never to come in contact with it live or dead. Maybe they were being more precautious after what happened last week.

• Upvote 1

Here's my followup for yesterday. Amazingly they have the staircase and escalator working this week. They blew out the walls around the staircase so it is now an airy staircase, protected with orange wrap. They made room so you can pass the new staircase as it's not in operation yet. looks like they are setting up for the demolition of the existing staircase and they will be opening the other staircase when that happens probably next weekend. Then they'll be free to work on the elevator, they'll probably have to cut a hole in the mezzanine roof though. Fun times ahead!! xD

merging left at addison 6-21-16.PNG

Merging left please!! Or maybe someone can do an OJ Simpson (hurdling) over the wooden partition. (That made in america doc on him was good, I learned quite a bit, especially what happened in Vegas)

inside addison mezzanine 6-21-16.PNG

Not bad considering I had to hide from the CA.

stairway to heaven 6-21-16.PNG

top of the new staircase, risers are already on it

escalator in use 6-21-16.PNG

the working escalator, one girl didn't know whether to believe it or not!!

ac stairway stereo sound 6-21-16.PNG

air conditioned stairway 6-21-16.PNG

air conditioned stairway base.png

And of course our airy staircase. Hopefully no one has any suicidal thoughts.

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2016 at 8:06 PM, Lost on Belmont said:

BusHunter wants someone to murder the staircase? :O

No silly, I'm referring to this commercial of the juice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z_VpVaPLWs

(oh boy Busjack's favorite car a monarch or an LTD!! Drive in style!! xD)

Looks like they opened the staircase last weekend so I took some shots. They also closed the existing one and seem to be working on the elevator finally.

addison staircase now open.PNG

new stair entranceway 8-5.PNG

I can't seem to figure out if this is the final floor or still the wood one. Seems flush with the staircase.

addison station house storage 8-5.PNG

addison stairway open from  bottom 8-5.PNG

addison stair removal 8-5.PNG

hmm... elevator cabling perhaps???

addison elevator prep row 8-5.PNG

addison staircase now open.PNG

• Upvote 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This weekend they finally are starting to finish up at Addison. The stationhouse now has the updated lighting thats beginning to be installed. They have also started installing the framework for the platform station separation but it has no glass installed yet. Maybe I'll get over there later and get us some shots.

A couple shots from the other day. Addison/blue line has come a long way this year. They turned on some of the platform lights, the stations look really bright now. They did a good job. They are still working on the mezzanine, it's about half done. I was over there tonight they added more lights on the mezzanine extension that they installed

addison let there be light.png

addison mezz 2.png

addison mezzanine.png

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

There's alot going on at addison blue line this weekend. Crews are painting the station installing the glass with the top half of the station house expansion already complete. They are working on the bottom part now probably to be done by Monday mornings commute. They removed all the work lighting and the elevator looks done for the most part. The kiosk still needs a little work but it just seems mostly punchlist work that is left. Maybe I can get us some shots later on this week.

Here's some shots i took the other night at Addison blue line. For the most part the station is complete minus a few things like glass installation punchlist work and various other small tasks to be done. CTA has done a fine job, the station looks alot cleaner and more modern. Looks like maybe by Dec 1st they'll be done with it.

addison glass installation.png

The top part is finished, but the bottom needs the glass still, overall it looks nice, the new lighting and new flooring helps alot in this newness effect.

addison lower glass installation pending.png

addison blue elevator platform.png

a sneak peek at the elevator platform level

As well as the elevator in the station house which is virtually finished

adison elevator front side.png

addison elevator just about done.png

a look at the new CA kiosk installed as well as the fare controls

addison future CA kiosk along with the fare collection setup.png

A look at a utility room maybe for plumbing and electrical needs as well as the hiding away of all the plumbing and electrical infrastructure needs for the station

addison storage room with train tracker display.png

train tracker display up top

addison station house just about done.png

station house is alot cleaner and brightly lit

• Upvote 2

Damn passed by Addison tonight, the bottom Windows are installed, the fence is removed around the elevator and some more lighting has been installed. There are hordes of workers working on the station en mass. I would have liked to take some shots but what do I tell the workers excuse me!! LoL!! Maybe things will quiet down over the weekend and I can sneak us some more shots. 

But really like damn those other shots were less than 48 hours ago.!!

Here's my shots from tonight at Addison blue line

As you can see the glass installation is done now

addison glass finished.png

Here's a few uncovered shots of the elevator

addison elevator.png

addison elevator from rear.png

Fare control area

addison fare controls.png

Yippie, they finally installed a wb bustracker!!

addison finally gets wb bustracker display.png

Here's some of the ventra machines which have switched sides

addison ventra machines switch sides.png

And a few shots from outside; they got plenty of Addison signs now; if you don't know your at Addison you must be blind.  xD The station looks good though and is brightly lit.

addison stationhouse from outside.png

addison platform with new lighting and signs added.png

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Quantum crossings, the company is out here at addison blue. They have a paper sign at the turnstiles saying the elevator is working. The sign is really comical. I'm so tempted to take a shot of that but the ca' s staring me down. Maybe later. I'm taking some more shots down here. I thought they were done but I guess not. I'll see if I can post those tonight.

I walked down to see what quantum crossings is doing. They seem to be an electrical contractor they are hooking up the tv's that the operators look into when they are trying to see the far cars at a station stop. They also seem to be working on some train tracker signs. 

So like what have the operators been using the last year the old tv's or did they take them down.Don't look now but theres  more of them at belmont blue. Could belmont finally be getting some train tracker signs??? Knock on wood. Unfortunately there is no wood down here 

17 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

I walked down to see what quantum crossings is doing. They seem to be an electrical contractor they are hooking up the tv's that the operators look into when they are trying to see the far cars at a station stop. They also seem to be working on some train tracker signs. 

Their site says they are both electric contractors and do network services, so, from what you say, they are doing a bit of both.