1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

Rehabbed: #1280

Getting rehabbed:

Awaiting for rehab or completion: #1086 #1140

Questionable: #1893 #1903 (Unbelievably has the rear wheel odometer all this time (the rest were obsolete a few years ago)

Questionable for rehab preparation or out of service: #1015 (blue sticker) #1813

On that part about the rear wheel odometer, that's probably very likely just a useless painted over black tab. I've seen a few artics out of the 4000 series and a few other NF 40 footers with that same thing and in each case that's all it was. At least one artic has just the outer metal rim while the odometer itself has been removed. So on that bus you got a useless empty circle attached to the wheel. :lol:

On that part about the rear wheel odometer, that's probably very likely just a useless painted over black tab. I've seen a few artics out of the 4000 series and a few other NF 40 footers with that same thing and in each case that's all it was. At least one artic has just the outer metal rim while the odometer itself has been removed. So on that bus you got a useless empty circle attached to the wheel. :lol:

I don't know man. :lol: I looks like it was an actual odometer with the white dials inside of it showing the mileage. I double check it if they didn't release #1903 back to NP.

Some pictures I took of recent rehabs. The #2001 is the clearest shot I have made with my cameraphone. I can read the no turn plate. Damn I can't believe it this app takes better pictures than my factory installed app. I'm just going to have to remember to try and take video of stationary objects for best results.

post-304-0-75542300-1410326577_thumb.png

post-304-0-40046800-1410326599_thumb.png

• Upvote 1

Some pictures I took of recent rehabs. The #2001 is the clearest shot I have made with my cameraphone. I can read the no turn plate. Damn I can't believe it this app takes better pictures than my factory installed app. I'm just going to have to remember to try and take video of stationary objects for best results.

attachicon.gifcta 2001 on 53.PNG

attachicon.gifcta 1009 on 29.PNG

It's about damn time!!!! :lol:

There's been some issues with the destination signs especially with some 74th's 1700s after getting rehabbed. The saga doesn't end on behalf of #1731. :huh:

Congrats, garmon... you just seen the super secret route #703 Fletcher to Atwater route the CTA is testing out of 74th. It starts at point "A" at Fletcher and runs to Atwater. :huh::P:lol:

• Upvote 2

You know that's the run number right??? :P:lol:

Technically the whole display was 6703 (6 is hard to see) ATWATER-FLETCHER.

Apparently in Los Angeles. I thought there might be something to the left of the 703, and there isn't an LACMTA route 703,* but I can't figure out where CTA got that reading.

*The closest match seems to be route 603.