1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

Apparently in Los Angeles. I thought there might be something to the left of the 703, and there isn't an LACMTA route 703,* but I can't figure out where CTA got that reading.

*The closest match seems to be route 603.

It makes me wonder what kind of program that New Flyer is using for the signs or what the hell did cta do for this to be displayed??? This is about to be interesting to figure out.

It makes me wonder what kind of program that New Flyer is using for the signs or what the hell did cta do for this to be displayed??? This is about to be interesting to figure out.

I really don't see any reason why anyone would mess with the signs at all, unless replacing them or the ODK was part of the rehab process.

As I understand the bids, all with which NF was involved was the powertrain overhauls.

Anyway, programming the signs should have been a CTA responsibility. Apparently, Luminator now has a web based tool to do that.

I've been noticing alot of signs say not in service with a run number and some appear on bustracker and some don't. One day I swear all the NP buses on the #49 were like this or most of them. But #1731, that is a problem bus with the destination when I saw it it was totally blank in service on the #49.

I really don't see any reason why anyone would mess with the signs at all, unless replacing them or the ODK was part of the rehab process.

As I understand the bids, all with which NF was involved was the powertrain overhauls.

Anyway, programming the signs should have been a CTA responsibility. Apparently, Luminator now has a web based tool to do that.

Exactly unless there's something hidden that we all don't know about on behalf of the rehabs.

I've been noticing alot of signs say not in service with a run number and some appear on bustracker and some don't. One day I swear all the NP buses on the #49 were like this or most of them. But #1731, that is a problem bus with the destination when I saw it it was totally blank in service on the #49.

74th has that bad, Sunday on the 62 at least 5 NF (most 1700's) were not on tracker. There was 3 back to back all not on tracker all rehabbed.

Rehabbed:

Getting rehabbed: #1015? #1788 #1803

Awaiting for rehab or completion: #1479

Questionable for rehab preparation or out of service: #1195 #1218 #1355 #1711 #1736 #1776 (damn, some of y'all were on that bus recently) #1850 #1940 (out of service due to the recent accident on Cottage Grove)

Not rehabbed but thought it was: #1228 (Cummins/NPower was out there)

BREAKING NEWS: #1468 is equipped with the Ventra reader!!!! It's unofficial for it to return back to service!

Here's the aftermath of #1940 and #1468

post-1364-0-76981600-1410539304_thumb.jp

post-1364-0-38141000-1410539315_thumb.jp

post-1364-0-30712700-1410539330_thumb.jp

post-1364-0-01159400-1410539442_thumb.jp

• Upvote 3

Rehabbed:

Getting rehabbed: #1015? #1788 #1803

Awaiting for rehab or completion: #1479

Questionable for rehab preparation or out of service: #1195 #1218 #1355 #1711 #1736 #1776 (damn, some of y'all were on that bus recently) #1850 #1940 (out of service due to the recent accident on Cottage Grove)

Not rehabbed but thought it was: #1228 (Cummins/NPower was out there)

BREAKING NEWS: #1468 is equipped with the Ventra reader!!!! It's unofficial for it to return back to service!

Here's the aftermath of #1940 and #1468

Yeah it's positive that #1468 is in front of the garage doors like it's awaiting repairs now instead of the middle of the yard and in limbo, maybe it's getting prepped for a rehab. #1940 is looking at body repairs and a paint job, they should just rehab it while it's there and get it over with. Anything's possible #1148 and #1520 both came back unrehabbed.

Yeah it's positive that #1468 is in front of the garage doors like it's awaiting repairs now instead of the middle of the yard and in limbo, maybe it's getting prepped for a rehab. #1940 is looking at body repairs and a paint job, they should just rehab it while it's there and get it over with. Anything's possible #1148 and #1520 both came back unrehabbed.

I'm really fortunate enough to give y'all a ton of updates especially #1468! I was shocked to see Cummins/NPower being out there because that's really rare and that might make #1228 be mechanically rehabbed.

I'm really fortunate enough to give y'all a ton of updates especially #1468! I was shocked to see Cummins/NPower being out there because that's really rare and that might make #1228 be mechanically rehabbed.

Cummins NPower only has the contract for 1630 up. They might have been out there for some other reason, though.