1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

Remaining NF's that are not FULLY rehabbed yet including mechanically rehabbed NF's as of 8/25/15: (Updated @ 10:30 AM)

Forest Glen
None

North Park

(2 Remaining) (0 @ South Shop) (2 Mechanically Rehabbed)

Chicago
#1005 #1940
(3 Remaining) (1 
@ South Shop) (0 Mechanically Rehabbed)

Kedzie
#1430 #1433 #1438 #1455 #1632

(5 Remaining) (0 @ South Shop) (5 Mechanically Rehabbed)

74th 

None

77th

#1076 #1093 #1099 #1202 #1226 #1246 #1288 #1289 #1476 #1482 #1546 #1560 #1563 #1571 #1590 #1591
(16 Remaining) (1 @ South Shop) (15 Mechanically Rehabbed)

103rd
#1018 #1111 #1125 #1257 #1262 #1277 #1279 #1502 #1531 #1612 #1616 #1617
(12 Remaining) (0 @ South Shop) (12 Mechanically Rehabbed)

Retired
#1305 #1553

Legend
BLACK: In Service
PINK: Mechanically Rehabbed
BROWN: Rehabbed Engine
RED: Retired
BLUE: South Shop
GOLD: South Shop - Update Rehab Process
GREEN: South Shop - In Rehab Process
ORANGE: South Shop - Out of Service - Awaiting Revision of Service

Total = (37 Remaining) (24 Remaining including 22 unknown inside South Shop) (34 Mechanically Rehabbed)

Edited by garmon757
  • Upvote 6

#24????

#54, my fault. I was distracted when I was typing that. #1878 had come to a stop at North/Cicero the rear door got stuck trying to open like it usually does in that scenario. (interlock issues) What made this different was the rider wanted to get off and pulled the cherry then the door had problems getting out of emergency mode. The driver can retract those cherries on the operators panel, but this one wouldn't retract so then the whole bus shuts off, don't know if that was related or not. Sometimes drivers are instructed to shut engines off as sort of a hard reset should they have a problem they are having a hard time troubleshooting. Well then the driver comes back and manually pushes up the cherry, no good. I thought well I guess that's it then, we wait for the next bus. But on a second attempt the driver got the bus going the cherry was able to mechanically retract and we were off.

#54, my fault. I was distracted when I was typing that. #1878 had come to a stop at North/Cicero the rear door got stuck trying to open like it usually does in that scenario. (interlock issues) What made this different was the rider wanted to get off and pulled the cherry then the door had problems getting out of emergency mode. The driver can retract those cherries on the operators panel, but this one wouldn't retract so then the whole bus shuts off, don't know if that was related or not. Sometimes drivers are instructed to shut engines off as sort of a hard reset should they have a problem they are having a hard time troubleshooting. Well then the driver comes back and manually pushes up the cherry, no good. I thought well I guess that's it then, we wait for the next bus. But on a second attempt the driver got the bus going the cherry was able to mechanically retract and we were off.

When the rear door gets jammed like that, the driver has to flick the silver switch by the front door (on top by the right side windshield) in order for the emergency lever to retract back to its normal state.

When the rear door gets jammed like that, the driver has to flick the silver switch by the front door (on top by the right side windshield) in order for the emergency lever to retract back to its normal state.

That's the kill switch for the door. But the problem is the door was in emergency. If the cherry hadn't been pulled that's how that problem is fixed. Pulling the cherry made the problem worse.

That's the kill switch for the door. But the problem is the door was in emergency. If the cherry hadn't been pulled that's how that problem is fixed. Pulling the cherry made the problem worse.

I've seen it happened a few times and mostly works with the switch. It's odd how the bus just shut down like that.